Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O.T. Help please. Thanks

Distinguished Community Member

Default O.T. Help please. Thanks

hello peeps

I know its been years since i've been on BT~~~~~~here's my QUESTIONżżżżżżżżż

I respond to various posts/threads, but i do not know if i have a response to what i have said.

WHAT AM NOT SEEING IN BT's info.?

I really appreciate any advice. My brain is SWISS CHEESE!

( please NOTE : when i use CAPS i am not screaming. I am just trying to make certain words more IMPORTANT. )

Thank you

Sandra
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Go to your thread. If it appears in bold, then someone has responded to it. Once you read the current responses, or add your own, the bold disappears until there is a new response. There have not been many responses to your numerous music posts, for example (it might help if you just started one off topic music thread and put them all there in one place, like I have done with my cooking thread. That way,if someone is interested in music, they can find all of them in one place. Or if not, then the thread can be ignored.,)

Any threads with new responses since the last time you logged on will also be in bold.

Also, in settings, there is a box to check that will send a message to your email box informing you that someone has responded to your thread. I just come here every day, look for the threads in bold and decide whether I want to read them or not. Music isn't my thing, so I usually pass over those, and most posts having to do with alternative or complementary or natural meds; I'm a traditionalist. Otherwise I look for the bold, read, and sometimes respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppitycats View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go to your thread. If it appears in bold, then someone has responded to it. Once you read the current responses, or add your own, the bold disappears until there is a new response. There have not been many responses to your numerous music posts, for example (it might help if you just started one off topic music thread and put them all there in one place, like I have done with my cooking thread. That way,if someone is interested in music, they can find all of them in one place. Or if not, then the thread can be ignored.,)

Any threads with new responses since the last time you logged on will also be in bold.

Also, in settings, there is a box to check that will send a message to your email box informing you that someone has responded to your thread. I just come here every day, look for the threads in bold and decide whether I want to read them or not. Music isn't my thing, so I usually pass over those, and most posts having to do with alternative or complementary or natural meds; I'm a traditionalist. Otherwise I look for the bold, read, and sometimes respond.

Thanks sweetie. Good idea about the Music posts. I WILL make ONE thread. I like that.

What about when someone posts something & i respond. How do see if the Originator of the post or someone elsr participating in that Thread has said something to what i said?

BT has become confusing to me. My brain has problems learning new things & short term memory is the pits. lol

I hope that i am making sense.

(PLEASE EXCUSE MY SPELLING ERRORS. I used to be quite proficient in English grammer. ..... now? arrrrr is all i csn say.

Peace & good vibes being sent to you.

Sandra aka. Charlotte.
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I think the only way to see that is to find the section in settings where you check the box to get emails every time.e someone responds t o your thread. But even then, threads drift off track rather quickly sometimes, so a response may not be to your specific post, but instead a comment about something someone else said within the thread.

Like, someone might read this and rather than offer any further explanation about how to track threads will talk about their issues around short term memory loss, or how much they like or hate spell check, or any numbr of unrelated stuff. Then you'd get emails telling you that someone responded to your thread, but when you read it, it would be about something entirely different.

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

A bunch of times, IRespond by just pushing the Thanks button.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

9. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

I actually LOVE how threads can go waaaaay off topic, often in a very, very, VERY funny and unexpected way.

It's like "threads are like a box of chocolates..."

Quote Originally Posted by SalpalSally View Post
    A bunch of times, IRespond by just pushing the Thanks button.

Same here. Sometimes ya just dont feel like typing, eh?
    Last edited by Infrared Charlotte; 02-07-2016 at 08:33 AM.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by SuzE-Q View Post
    I actually LOVE how threads can go waaaaay off topic, often in a very, very, VERY funny and unexpected way.

It's like "threads are like a box of chocolates..."

Yeah it is fun. life is full of surprises.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Uppitycats View Post
    I think the only way to see that is to find the section in settings where you check the box to get emails every time.e someone responds t o your thread. But even then, threads drift off track rather quickly sometimes, so a response may not be to your specific post, but instead a comment about something someone else said within the thread.

Like, someone might read this and rather than offer any further explanation about how to track threads will talk about their issues around short term memory loss, or how much they like or hate spell check, or any numbr of unrelated stuff. Then you'd get emails telling you that someone responded to your thread, but when you read it, it would be about something entirely different.

Understood. I do this in my regular speak. I go everywhere sorta get back on track, then forget what i was originally speaking about; needless to say we have very interesting conversations in our/my home. I know it irks people, doctors, etc., .

I have problems with the part of my brain that organizes.(forget which part).
    I was DX'd with of a certain part of my brain, again i forget name. FFFF! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently it affect only 3% of ms'rs.

I am grateful that my family goes with my flow. lol :-)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Will do my best. Peace
    Last edited by Infrared Charlotte; 02-07-2016 at 08:41 AM.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure everyone still gets e-mails every time anyone replies in a thread you've posted in or started. I don't. Once a day I get one e-mail from BT telling me that threads I've posted in have been updated. I think the admin here may have changed the way they notify people about this, a while back.

One way to do a fairly quick check on all your posts is to click on your own user name and then on "View forum posts," which should come up on a list in the drop-down menu you'll see. Then you can see all of your posts in chronological order and can click on each one to see what's been going on since your last post.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast