Page 1 of 33 1234561131 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT Febuary Chit Chat

Howdy Doody ,,

And away we go,,Tuesday we have blizzard warnings out till Wednesday ,, 8 to 14 inches of snow coming in with 35 miles an hour winds.. yucks.

,,and I have to be at the infusion center for solumedrol treatments, 5 days,, big double yuck,, told them girls if its bad,, I am,not coming in,,been doing not so good , just legs are weaker,, I'll get this figured out,,

Gary our gas prices are $1.89 a gallon, scary huh,,we love it

that's all folks,,,.later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

Yeah, blizzard warnings up for us, too. Snow totals around 8 inches, tomorrow through Wednesday. Will have to cancel my bladder botox shots. So discouraged. Woke up soaking wet again this morning...

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Thank youll for your wonderful cards n letters this past week. I really appreciated them.
    All here thought I was pretty popular for awhile...LOLolol!

Things are still springlike here in SWOhio. Sorry to disappoint you..Lol!
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 02-01-2016 at 07:24 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

It is 26 and sunny. But we are expecting a "severe" winter event Thursday and Friday. Or so says the weatherman this is the time of year where I am SO ready for spring. I can put away the insulated coveralls.

I did hear (and saw) some red wing blackbirds over the weekend. It is a sound that I always connect with spring. The deer are moving about and looks like more are here than in in the past several years. Mostly thanks to the West Nile Virus. I have been told that it did a number on all the wildlife. Even the squirrel population was almost wiped out. I feed the birds and I even put out corn cobs for the squirrels I feel sorry for them and my dogs and cats will try to chase them but if you watch they run just slow enough that they really don't want to catch up with them.

Happy February everyone.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I went out for a little stroll the other day, the first time in quite a while because the weather just hasn't been strolling weather, and I did see some trees looking as if they're about to get leaves or flowerbuds.

I'm not making this up!

All of you who are getting snowed in, this can't last forever.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Good morning and good month everyone.

The time is coming when oil will be almost obsolete, but the Arabs will have plenty of sand for sale...cheap!

I am going to have no coffee after today, and peanut butter and coffee have been keeping me alive for days, maybe weeks! But I'll make it until Wednesday, and PAYDAY!

At my tender are, and great health, I won't be getting anymore cats after these pass on. I couldn't stand the thought of someone else caring for them, because I treat them like gold.

Everyone have a great day, and an even better month!
    Roswell was a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All of you who are getting snowed in, this can't last forever.
    I keep telling myself that....like I always say: when you are up to your...butt in alligators its hard to remind yourself that all you wanted to do is drain the swamp!

Sorry Agate nothing green poking out on the other side of the state. We haven't had enough warmer weather yet to fool the trees. But the neighbor has some winter wheat in a field and it is showing some green sticking up through the snow. Best we can do for now.

I did an inspection of our yard and with the extra moisture and longer lasting cold temps the frost heaves are really bad this year. I have a big barrel that I rigged to pull behind the riding mower it is filled with water and I flood the yard and drive around like a mad man. This year if I don't do it the yard will be full of scalped grass. And as my family will tell you I am ana.....er picky about my lawn. And for a majority of the spring it will have to be cut twice a week. But the cats and dogs love it.

"All of you who are getting snowed in, this can't last forever." -Agate
    Based on our last winter, I think it can!

OTOH, today it is 63!!

Cat, so sorry you have to delay your treatment.

And Peg, sorry to hear you are having trouble w your legs. I hope the solumedrol works.

Cherie, Gary and Howie, I have recently broken a piece of tooth or cap or something off the back of a lower molar. I did it with popcorn hiding a seed. That has to be taken care of this week but my legs are too tired today.

Enjoying the beautiful, odd day in between trips to the cellar to get the washing done because Peter is home and can help.

Best to us all,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

9. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OTOH, today it is 63!!
    It was supposed to be that warm in Hudson but they lied. We made it to 53 and the snow is all but melted. I can live with that.

Tomorrow 48 and sunny. I can live with that too.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Hudson, I have been there once when I was working for a US Senate campaign. A house party. I remember it seemed far far.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 33 1234561131 ... LastLast