Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OT - Pets

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:)My son Andy has four feral cats. He had them all spayed and shots. They do not like to go in the apartment but show up at 6 AM and 6 PM for dinners. Andy can pet them but they won't go near anyone else.

When Andy came today to put out my trash and recycle he gave Lacy a bath. She growls and barks the whole time. She is still scratching herself. I took her to the dermatology vet and it was almost $500. and we have given her all the pills for over a month and the ointment and the expensive shampoo baths.

I see no point in going back as she is no better and I'm still giving her two pills daily. I keep a shirt and her Thunder shirt on her so she can't scratch where those are. She likes the shirts.

I enjoyed all your kitty photos and their stories. It is 80 here tonight. I hope your snow disappears quickly and Spring comes. Jeanie :)

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Jeanie, a few questions about your pup if you don't mind :)

Breed? Age?
    Do you treat for fleas? If so, with what?
    What food is she eating? For how long?
    What treats does she get?
    Is there anything new in the house (carpet, furniture, detergent, drapes, etc etc)?

We deal with a lot of itchy cats and dogs at work and can usually figure out why and how to fix it
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Smile

:) Hi Mike. Lacy gets the drops on her neck to prevent fleas from reproducing and heartworm prevention. I give her Purina Moist & Meaty food. Also she likes cheese so that is how I get her pills down her. For treats I buy the Cesar brand Softies in Steak flavor and Chicken flavor. Usually give her 3 in the morning and 3 at night, or as a reward for her bath.

She is an 8 year old Chihuahua and has been spayed and microchipped. She mostly stays in the house but we do have a fenced back yard with doggie doors so she can go out when she needs to. I also keep Pee pads down in the room as she is hesitant to go out after dark and occasionally she will go there.

She will play a little with your finger if she tries to catch it when you put it behind the pillow. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Beautiful Cat. Love them all!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    :) Hi Mike. Lacy gets the drops on her neck to prevent fleas from reproducing and heartworm prevention. I give her Purina Moist & Meaty food. Also she likes cheese so that is how I get her pills down her. For treats I buy the Cesar brand Softies in Steak flavor and Chicken flavor. Usually give her 3 in the morning and 3 at night, or as a reward for her bath.

She is an 8 year old Chihuahua and has been spayed and microchipped. She mostly stays in the house but we do have a fenced back yard with doggie doors so she can go out when she needs to. I also keep Pee pads down in the room as she is hesitant to go out after dark and occasionally she will go there.

She will play a little with your finger if she tries to catch it when you put it behind the pillow. Jeanie :)
    Ok so it's not fleas ;)

I'm going to give you a link regarding her food. If you have questions about the information on that page feel free to ask. I don't know everything about dog food, but I've learned quite a bit. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...eaty-dog-food/

With regards to the treats, does Lacy like crunchy or chewie treats?

How much money are you looking to spend per month on her food and treats? You can pm me that answer if you want.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

9. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Jeanie, my son has a long haired chihuahua mix who has terrible itchy allergies. They feed her special dog food and she gets only raw baby carrots cut in small bite size pieces for treats, which she loves. She is bathed with special medicated shampoo and often has to take prednisone pills when the itching gets out of hand. They are very strict with her diet and diligent about fleas. It has helped, but she is even allergic to carpet and I suspect to many fabrics, like synthetics. Chihuahuas are such nervous little dogs by nature, which I'm sure just adds to the situation!
    I am also allergic to synthetic fabrics and find it harder and harder to find 100% cotton anything! I can sympathize with your poor itchy pooch! Hope you can find some relief for Lacy.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeanie, my son's golden retriever suffered from allergies all his life. They tried everything the vet recommended, and the changes in diet and meds did help some. I hope you can find something that helps Lacy.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

(((((Lacy)))))
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

13. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I have 3 animals at present.

Dog = Charlotte ~~~~ rotweiller\german shepherd\husky X . 5 yrs old
    Cat = Oscar. We got him after my MIL passed. Feisty & two faced sob but very loving to people. He will swat the dog over the snout a few times from out of nowhere. Man! He's lucky cause the dog just takes it. I have to laugh.
    Cat #1 = My little Sidewinder. Hes disabled (tumour on spine, makes him have trbl with neck & back legs). He is KING of the house. When Oscar has a thought he will take a couple of swipes at my Sidewinder, if i see it happen I will spray Oscar with water. If i dont see & Sidewinder lets out a certain cry, Charlotte comes to tje rescue. lol soooo cute to see. She will let out a few barks, get down on her front legs with butt in tje air & tail wighling from side to side.....she looks & acts soooo mean lol. Oscar leaves & Sidewinder will lay on Char's feet, while char will give him a bath. Side & Char understand what eachother are saying. Really. Sometimes when Char is acting the fool, my Sidey will let out a certain Meow & Charlotte stops being a nuisance.

They are a fun bunch.

I will post pics of this bunch & of other animals we have had.

FUN TOPIC! !
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

15. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Smile

:) Mike and everyone. I have changed Lacy's food but using the same treats. I hope this works but I will keep trying different foods if it does not work. Jeanie :)

17. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast