Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: My tag line ---- offensive?

  1. #21
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infrared Charlotte View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks Gary. Your comments are appreciated.

    Question. are you the Gary that tweeked or found me the avatar of the Kitty with the lime on its head?

    Peace to you.
    Nope 'twasn't me. After everyone switched to Window from DOS I gave up and now I am soooo far behind computereze that I ask questions and do as I am told. Otherwise something breaks and quits working!!

  2. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  3. #22
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is humor. It is obvious that it is humor. There are enough not funny things said in this world that we can all take offense at. This does not rise to that level.

    Did you ever listen to "Car Talk" on NPR? Two MIT educated brothers had a real car repair shop in Cambridge. They had a call in show about car problems that was a riot. I remember one time that started talking about a restaurant that was near a highway. Lot of road kill. They started naming the dishes that could be served at the restaurant. It was dark comedy for sure but we almost died laughing.
    In peace,
    Linda (vegetarian for 50 years. I do not eat anything that an animal had to die to give me.)


    Thsnks Linda. Humour is subjective to say the least.

    When you say Cambridge, do you men Cambridge in Soithern Ontario?

    Prace
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

    That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

  4. The following 4 users say "thanks"


  5. #23
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope 'twasn't me. After everyone switched to Window from DOS I gave up and now I am soooo far behind computereze that I ask questions and do as I am told. Otherwise something breaks and quits working!!

    Thanks bro. Yeah i know & understand what you are saying about the tech advances. I too am soooo behind the times. I have to ask the kids to help.

    Peace to you
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

    That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

  6. The following 5 users say "thanks"


  7. #24
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Hey peeps. If i called anyone by their incorrect names, if i have forgotten to acknolege your replies, please forgive me. I habe a migraine yoday, rx is just starting to kick in, but eyes are seeing double.

    Appologies & i will fix any & all errors soon.

    Peace
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

    That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

  8. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  9. #25
    Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,710
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infrared Charlotte View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey peeps. If i called anyone by their incorrect names, if i have forgotten to acknolege your replies, please forgive me. I habe a migraine yoday, rx is just starting to kick in, but eyes are seeing double.

    Appologies & i will fix any & all errors soon.

    Peace
    It takes a long time to sort out people on a board, what with user names that are usually different from real names, and people changing their user names sometimes, and then there might be someone with the real name of Cadwallader but everyone calls him Wally, and on and on.

    Give it time, Infrared. Migraines can be brutal.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

  10. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  11. #26
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uppitycats View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think using our having MS as an excuse for offensive language is offensive. But I'm done with this.


    Good. My ms is or has never been an excuse for anything.

    Good im fn done with you. Bye
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

    That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

  12. The following 3 users say "thanks"


  13. #27
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uppitycats View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think using our having MS as an excuse for offensive language is offensive. But I'm done with this.
    No my ms has nevet been used as an excuse for anything.
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

    That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

  14. The following user says "thanks"


  15. #28
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It takes a long time to sort out people on a board, what with user names that are usually different from real names, and people changing their user names sometimes, and then there might be someone with the real name of Cadwallader but everyone calls him Wally, and on and on.

    Give it time, Infrared. Migraines can be brutal.
    How right you are Agate. Just took anotjer rx, migraine is becoming bearable now.

    Peace
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

    That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

  16. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  17. #29
    Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The planet Earth
    Posts
    5,854

    Cool

    Well, I've added a tag line too. I hope it's not offensive.
    Last edited by Howie; 01-26-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

  18. The following 6 users say "thanks"


  19. #30
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Red Sox Nation :D
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    Charlotte- I know you as thst cat w the lime for a hat from here or another board. What name did you use then?

    And the "Car Talk" that Linda (Lazarus) is talking about is from Cambridge, Massachusetts.

    I hope your migraine improves soon. Give your eyes a break.

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

  20. The following 5 users say "thanks"


Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 10:14 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 02:16 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 01:07 PM
  4. NIH/Med-Line Drug Info Link
    By Earth Mother 2 Angels in forum BrainTalk's feedback forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


BTC Inc's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy

The material on this site is for information & support purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice provided by a licensed health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything that you find online.