Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Computer vs Tablet --- who will win?

Distinguished Community Member

Gary, my husband's new laptop does indeed have a touch screen. Just run your hand down the page! And, Virginia, a keyboard. If you don't look keep the one on the laptop itself, you can get a separate keyboard, mines wireless, some plug in, that might work better for you.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Since I got my iPhone 2 years ago, I rarely use my Macbook Pro. This Christmas, Husband upgraded me (woo hoo) to a 6s plus. It is big but he thought it would help everything I do on it w the bigger screen. It does.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since I got my iPhone 2 years ago, I rarely use my Macbook Pro. This Christmas, Husband upgraded me (woo hoo) to a 6s plus. It is big but he thought it would help everything I do on it w the bigger screen. It does.

ANN

Thats so cool. I dont have a cell phone as it has been broken. iphone 6s sounds good. Gotta go to the kiosk iurchsed my last phone & see if i can trade it in for thr 6s.

Peace Ann
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cat, I know I am way behind as far as computers are concerned, however I am a good bit older than you. In spite of that I worked part-time since 1999 until 3 years ago. About 2 or 3 years before that I brought my work in house (accounting) and was still able to make some money (well a little) until my tremor got so bad I finally gave up. I was working on desk top with keypad in the office and also here at home using an accounting program. If I had a computer problem the people I worked for fixed it, so I never learned anything other than the programs I used. Now, to be honest, I just don't care to learn like I use to. I know that is bad, but I worked for so very many years that now I had just rather read and do what I want to. Occasionally, I find something that I want to read about that is good for my mind. I was mentally active for years past what healthy people normally are due to husband's death. I have not had anyone but myself to lean on. But as Peg, says I am still here. Anyway, that is the reason I just don't want to get too involved with computers other than what I know.

Another reason is because when I am up in the day I sit in my living room which is where I am when I read. There is an end table next to my chair and I keep my kindle and water or a snack there, but I do not have a plug in for a laptop in that area.
    Virginia

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Ah, Virginia, I misunderstood. I thought you only had the desktop. If you have a kindle fire, you can go online, come anywhere on the web, post, get emails, etc.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Nope Cat, you did not misunderstand. I only have the desktop and a regular kindle - not the kindle fire. I have the lighted regular kindle just for reading books. It is my second kindle.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ah, I see. I'm on kindle number 4 for me. This one now is a fire. I have one like you describe, but I'm so used to the fire now I will likely not go back...

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

There are so many different devices these days. I should try to keep up with them better than I do, but laptops do everything I need. I'm a one functioning hand, type with one finger, person.

Anyone know who Stephen Hawking is? A modern Einstein, who is totally unable to move but for his eyes. He has the ultimate setup where he can do ANYTHING on a computer using only his eyes.
    Last edited by Howie; 01-28-2016 at 01:47 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I know who he is, but did not know he could operate a computer with his eyes. Talk about technology.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My problem with the laptop is that when I have tried them in the store I can't type well at all. I need a key board, which means I have nothing but a desk top computer. This brings on the problem of having to come into my office and sit in a straight chair to come on computer.
    Oh my that" a pain. You know i've heard throug many people have said excellent things about -- Dragon Natually Speaking " i too have trouble with my fingers. Craoms & suck. Anyways i found a digital voive recorder that has dragon and with that you could easily spek. I staples in canada it is about 140.00 ptetty decent price for less pain eh?

How are you today? I hope your day is good or better.

Peace
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast