Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "I have one word for you: botox!"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Cat I am sorry. I will double up on my prayers for you. Sally you too. Jeanie :)

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Last resort," you say. I assume you've asked about any other possible options?

Maybe the surgery is the way to go, and maybe one reason it's taken so long for you to get to the point where you have a couple of hours a day rolling around in your chair is that that wound has been wearing you down, draining strength.

If the whole thing is cut away, it will be gone. GONE. And you'll probably never have another bedsore.

I could be wrong about this but if you have a wound, your body has to keep struggling to fight off infection and keep the healing process going. If there's no wound because it's been cut out, seems to me your body could go on to other projects, like seeing to it that you can do more things you'd like to do and have more energy to do them.

Why not ask the doctor about the recovery period? Surely they won't want you completely immobile for 6-7 weeks--? Wouldn't there be PT involving putting parts of you through some range of motion routines-- while you're lying there?

I'm so sorry there wasn't better news.
    Last edited by agate; 02-22-2016 at 07:24 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((CAT)))))) ~

You have been incredibly courageous and determined throughout this entire ordeal, and I can't even imagine how exhausted, discouraged, and frustrated you are.

I'm so sorry that the sheep tissue caused more problems for you. I was worried, when you wrote that your wound was draining and had a foul odor. Does the condition of your wound now warrant more nursing visits than once a month for a cath change?

Does your home health agency offer Private Duty Nursing? I don't know whether Medicare and your supplemental insurance would cover this, but it sure would be a lot less expensive than a nursing home. Jon's home health nurse is an expert in IVs, and she does infusions at home for several patients. And, you should be able to substantiate the need for an aide. You still need to be bathed, whether it is in a shower, a tub, or bed.

I'm thinking of your immediate needs, and providing some relief for TomCat too, as your condition has changed. If you let your home health agency know this, you might find that they would be willing to provide you with more nursing visits. It's worth a try. A nurse can come out, exam/assess you and write you up for more visits/recertify you to meet your current needs. You need to be as comfortable and well cared for as possible. In your own home.

You are loved and supported by your friends here ~ your other home.

Many prayers, positive, healing energy, and chocolate are flowing your way.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

What sucky sad news Cat. Yeah, where is that plan B?
    I'll be praying and hoping. Honey treatment? Too late?
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345