Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

((((((HUGS TO ALL)))))) ~

We made it through 2015! And we're all still here!

We had some challenging times too and lots of progress made, as chronicled in our monthly updates. Thank you all for sharing your lives here, for supporting our family, and allowing me to support you.

I hope that you each know how much I love, respect and admire you and how grateful I am for your friendship through these many years we've been together.

May 2016 be kind and gentle on us all. And may everyone experience an abundance of blessings of health, happiness, peace and joy.

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
    and never brought to mind?
    Should old acquaintance be forgot,
    and old lang syne?

CHORUS:
    For auld lang syne, my dear,
    for auld lang syne,
    we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.

And surely you’ll buy your pint cup!
    and surely I’ll buy mine!
    And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have run about the slopes,
    and picked the daisies fine;
    But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
    since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have paddled in the stream,
    from morning sun till dine†;
    But seas between us broad have roared
    since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

And there’s a hand my trusty friend!
    And give me a hand o’ thine!
    And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
    for auld lang syne.

Here's to you, my Friends ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you Rose! I will second your thoughts and wishes.I've learned so much from everyone here but most of all I feel the love and compassion. So glad that this group has continued to be active. It's hard to believe that we've never even met but know and care so much. I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We did and we're enjoying the week off from school.
    Prayers that 2016 is happy and healthy for all my good friends here!
    Mary Grace

4. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Happy New Year to all of you! I hope 2016 is a year filled with joy and good health for all of you. I think I joined this forum in 08 or 09 so it's really amusing to me that it is almost 2016 and I'm still on here LOL. I'm very glad to be here and so grateful for your support! Thank you! Hopefully some new video releases coming from me in 2016 if I am lucky.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

6. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

((((((HUGS TO ALL)))))) ~

Mary Grace ~ So glad to hear that you had a lovely Christmas. And the time off to rest and relax is wonderful. I know that 2015 was a stressful and difficult year for you with Kathleen's surgery, but you and she are such troopers. And look at the success of her surgery and how much she has achieved! Just awesome!

funnylegs4 ~ Yes, we've all grown up together, and I'm so happy that you are still here with us. I'm looking forward to your future films. I hope that your teacher is spending the holidays recovering and getting stronger.

How are both (all) of you celebrating tonight?

I'll be sitting in Jon's room watching the ball drop in New York, at 9:00 our time, while snapping green beans to steam for dinner. We'll have baked potatoes, and Field Roast Apple/Sage Sausages, sauteed with onion, celery, garlic, and mushrooms, herbs, and veggie broth sauce. Of course, I will eat around 11:00, and Jim will eat about 3 a.m. He's sleeping. So he and I usually miss the big midnight hoopla. As well as dinner together. But we did have Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner together, so I am not complaining.

Tomorrow, the Rose Parade, my long time favorite parade (I'm a Californian, so, naturally ...) I grew up with the Rose Parade. My mom used to take me with my sister and grandma to view the Rose Parade floats the day after the Parade in the late 1950s and early 60s. During our time at Ohio State, we were in the Rose Bowl 3 years straight, and we saw the Rose Parade on the streets of Pasadena, prior to the game. Somehow, we always managed to find the best spots to view the parade on the street.

It's difficult to truly appreciate the beauty and intense work involved in creating these floats, until you see them up close. And the fragrance of those flowers is incredible.

At 10 a.m., we will watch our Buckeyes face the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in the Fiesta Bowl. We should be in the Championship game, as we were last year's Champions. Interestingly, our Buckeyes beat Alabama last year, and this year, Alabama is going to the Championship game. As is true with everything ~ it's all political. And connected to $$$$$$$.

We will don our Buckeye gear, and bring out all of our Buckeye tokens and souvenirs, and we'll root and hope and cheer and groan, and so on. It's tradition. And we have a truckload of tradition for our Buckeyes.

Must leave you now to watch the ball dropping in Times Square and celebrate the New Year (Eastern time) with Jon ~

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

8. The following user says "thanks"

We had a fun New Years Eve here. Had some friends over and many laughs! Played some of Kathleen's new games watched football and ate. Of course a little sparkling wine too. I'll try and post a picture when I get it off of my phone. But good friends gave Kathleen a light up sign that says JOY. A little background. Kathleen's older brother and sister have witnessed some grumpy time for Kathleen and on several occasions they've said (sarcastically) to her "you're such a Joy". Her grumpy growling response is "I am a JOY"!!! So she sometimes calls herself Joy, even signs papers and such JOY. So we had a great laugh with the sign.
    Today will be take the tree down day. I think the tree (I'll post a picture when I get it off the phone) is my favorite part of Christmas. I love sitting with all the other lights off in the room. So peaceful. We've had a pretty relaxing vacation which will end Monday.
    Rose, as always your dinner sounds fantastic! I can't believe you actually got to see the rose parade!!! I'm so jealous! I've watched videos of how the floats are made and it's just amazing the work that goes into it. What a spectacular parade. I was alseep by midnight as usual so we rang in the new year with our friends before they left about 10:00. It was a new year somewhere so good enough for us.
    Funnylegs, Looking forward to more videos. It looks like I joined the group in May of 08 can't believe it's been that long. I'm so glad that the group has survived this long. I learn so much from everyone here and always look forward to updates. Speaking of updates how is your teacher doing Have you heard from him?
    Happy New Year to all!
    Mary Grace

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

So glad you all had a fun time on NYE, and you're so right ~ it was New Year's Day somewhere at 10 your time!

I love your "Joy" story! Well, Kathleen is correct. She IS JOY! Bless her!!! Does she like her sign?

Our tree will stay up for awhile, because we got it up so late (like Christmas Eve, I think?). We never put the ornaments on it. Jim's arms and hands have been aching so much that he's not up to getting that heavy box off of the garage rafters. I miss those ornaments, because they are all very meaningful and represent 46 years of Christmas history and the love of our friends and family. But, it wasn't to be this Christmas.

Did you see the Rose Parade? It was spectacular this year! The Disney float was enormous! Celebrating 60 years of Disneyland. I remember ... I went there when it first opened with my parents. Holy Moly, I'm Old! Every float was gorgeous this year; I don't know how they pick the trophy winners.

And it was so much fun to see the floats up close in the old days. We always have beautiful, albeit rather chilly this year, weather. In the 1950s-60s, the population would increase in Southern California after the Rose Parade. People flocked to live in Paradise. My parents did!

Jon and I watched the Times Square ball drop at 9:00 our time, sang Auld Lang Syne, and then watched New Year's Rockin' Eve, and danced a little bit. Jim got up from his sleep shift about 11:45, so we all celebrated at midnight, and then tucked Jon in for the night. Obviously, we are Party Animals!

Our Buckeyes won! That was fun!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Love & Light,

Rose

12. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Hi Rose, Hi Mary Grace, Your holiday plans sound wonderful! My family got addicted to field roast after you recommended it Rose. Love the Disney story! Kathleen being called Joy reminds me of the movie “Inside Out” Has Kathleen seen it? It’s an adorable movie with a yellow character named Joy in it that actually does remind of me your descriptions of Kathleen!
    I spent New Years watching the ball drop. We ordered food in and spent time with family. Very cozy. Thanks for your support of my videos!!!! I can’t tell anybody exact release dates yet but I will always keep you posted on any production processes. I am still in early development pre production stage on what will likely end up being 2 separate stories if I am lucky.

Yes I did luckily hear from my teacher! He sent me a lovely New Years message!! He was really glad I'v been staying in touch with him. I was so touched he felt that way. He sounded happy and so much stronger! He mentioned that he might have a sensitivity to Florissant lights now and noticed a bit of swelling on his face recently which I hope is not a really bad sign. I know Kevin Sorbo also had issues with bright lights(his brain had issues processing it) and developed weird allergies after his strokes so I hope that is all it is. Soon after I heard from my teacher my friend who works in disability rights, sent me a story about “American Girl” releasing a toy diabetic care kit for dolls and explained to me that under ADA guidelines diabetes IS A DISABILITY. So legally speaking my teacher was disabled long BEFORE he even had his stroke! Out of curiosity I googled diabetes and found out some very interesting things. Apparently any sort of illness, especially something like a stroke will leave a diabetes sufferer in a very weakened state. It supposedly takes them much longer to bounce back. On top of that some people with diabetes suffer from episodes or spells of weakness and fatigue even when they are not ill and can require accommodations throughout a work day to deal with this. My teacher’s symptoms seem more stroke related than diabetes related,because he was full of energy before his stroke, but I wondered if one set of symptoms makes the other worse? How the heck does my teacher tell the difference between his stroke and if he’s having a blood sugar problem for pete sake? He seems to be able to tell the difference somehow. After I saw him have one of his dizzy spells, I told him he could have accommodations for his stroke if he ever wanted them. I don't know if he ever looked further into it. I wondered if living with diabetes was part of why my teacher was so open about sharing the details of his stroke i.e he has probably had to explain why he needs to check his blood all the time for years etc. I had no idea the amount of work my teacher has to do each day to maintain healthy blood sugar levels just so the diabetes doesn’t kill him. I gained even more respect for him after reading all of that! I don’t know how he does so well! He shouldn’t be doing as well as he is with all of this taxing his body. He's progressing faster than I ever thought he would! He truly is one of the most resilient people I have ever met! One thing I read was that swelling might mean he has kidney damage now too. Please pray this is not the case! My teacher needs a break from being sick!
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 01-02-2016 at 07:34 PM.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

14. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Happy New Year!

Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Funnylegs, Sounds like you had a nice NYE. Kathleen hasn't seen Insideout but I think I need to get it for her. She will LOVE seeing someone named Joy in it. It's difficult when there are multiple diagnoses. We run into that with Kathleen all the time. So many symptoms can be related to so many different things or can be something new. It's a guessing game. But it's always good to check with a dr. hopefully your teacher is following up closely with dr.s.
    Rose, Congrats on the Buckeye's win! We missed the Rose parade but I'm going to try and find videos online (everything is online now). Kathleen would love it.
    Happy New to you too Mike and thank you!
    Mary Grace

17. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mg12061 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funnylegs, Sounds like you had a nice NYE. Kathleen hasn't seen Insideout but I think I need to get it for her. She will LOVE seeing someone named Joy in it. It's difficult when there are multiple diagnoses. We run into that with Kathleen all the time. So many symptoms can be related to so many different things or can be something new. It's a guessing game. But it's always good to check with a dr. hopefully your teacher is following up closely with dr.s.
    Rose, Congrats on the Buckeye's win! We missed the Rose parade but I'm going to try and find videos online (everything is online now). Kathleen would love it.
    Happy New to you too Mike and thank you!
    Mary Grace
    Thanks! Yes you MUST see that movie. As far as I know he does check in regularly and he hasn't had anything that caused him a major set back so that's good.

19. The following user says "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast