Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223284868 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Lazy Cooking with Cat!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have one that is a bit like that. A mouli grater is slightly different because you keep turning a knob to do the grating:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouli_grater
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Okay, that had those on the site where I got the picture of the one I have. Now I know what a Mouli grater is. I dun learnt sumethin.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SalpalSally View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I imagine that pan would be good for lots of uses,
    as long as it doesn't spin too fast...LOL!
    Slow rotation. I think it’s wearing out though. It pauses/catches. But a little tap sets it working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Dancer View Post
    Sounds like maybe the Presto Pizazz cooker, Parsi? With sort of a turntable that moves around under the heating element? …
    Yup. That’s the one. There is a second element under the turntable and you can choose between using one or both of the elements.

I haven’t done it for quite awhile, but I have improvised “pizza” using crackers or bread. Some tomato paste mixed with favorite pizza seasonings topped with cheese on top the bread. Perhaps ground meat browned with onions and bell peppers.
    Last edited by Parsi; 01-31-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Sounds delicious , Parsi...yummmm!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

7. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've had mini-pizzas made with English muffins.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

9. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Coleslaw. I love it. Especially when it's made with a sweet-sour dressing, rather than the creamy, made with mayo type. I've found an easy sweet sour dressing that can easily be poured over the bagged coleslaw you can find in the produce department, or is also good over fresh spinach (or other greens) salad. The basic recipe follows, and then some suggested variations.

Place 2 cups white sugar, 1 cup Apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup water into a saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon dry mustard, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp. Mustard. Stir, and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue cooking
    until the mixture starts to thicken, about three minutes. Remove from heat, cool thoroughly before use.

Variations: use regular mustard rather than mustard powder. Or Dijon mustard, or some other kind.
    Increase/decrease the vinegar/sugar ratio, depending on taste. We like it tart, so I always increase the vinegar.
    Add a tsp or so of one of the following herbs: dill, tarragon, coriander, cilantro, oregano, Italian herb mix. Or experiment!
    Use some different vinegar, like rice vinegar, or substitute some of the Apple cider vinegar with balsamic vinegar, or rosemary vinegar, or..

If using over cabbage, you can pack the slaw into freezer containers and store excess in the freezer. Otherwise just use as needed, over almost any sort of salad.

11. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I also love the sweet n sour Cole slaw.....send some this way, Cat!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

13. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Dancer View Post
    So here we go. Nothing like a cozy cooking program to get us through a cold snowy winter...well, maybe not snowy for everyone. And surprising enough, not here in central Wisconsin yet, which is MOST unusual for mid December!

Anyway, Lazy Cooking with Cat is intended to be YOUR thread. I'll certainly toss in my easy recipes, but you should feel free to do the same. Also add in anything you might have done to simplify your activities in the kitchen (besides using the phone to call out for deliveries. I suspect we all have the local pizza place and Chinese place on speed dial! Safety tips would be good, too. (Howie, staying out of the kitchen except for a path to a refrigerator will count.)

I got around to the ham today. Already talked about cooking it; Basically throw it cut side down in a pan, throw pan in oven, 325, for 15 minutes a pound. Cooking nicely. About to scrub up a couple of sweet potatoes, cut out any bad spots (why do they seem to always have bad spots??), and toss them in the oven with the ham. I really don't like sweet potatoes with marshmallows and other sticky stuff on them...I just butter them, toss in some cumin sometimes, put them in a dish and bake them. They're plenty sweet...that's why they're called SWEET potatoes! :)

Then we have some baby carrots and tiny tomatoes for a side. Tom Cat likes those, dipped in ranch dressing. That'll be dinner here....

Leftover ham can be used for LOTS of things. I'll share some of those recipes tomorrow...when I have leftover ham..
    COOL THREAD CAT! !!!. ahhhh luvz it.

Some really cool recipies.

Thanks again

Sandra. aka. Charlotte
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

15. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Agate, I use english muffins for mini pizzas too, or just use a can of tuna or salmon with a base of garlic butter/oil and cheddar or mozza on top under the broiler for a bit.

Good, inexpensive way to get some healthy fish into the diet.

I have a great, easy olive oil/apple cider vinegar and I think a bit of sugar (or honey or agave) dressing tossed with a bag of cold slaw, but it doesn't require heating first. I'll go check to find exact & amount of ingredients. Cabbage is high in anti-cancer properties!

17. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Parsi View Post
    Slow rotation. I think it’s wearing out though. It pauses/catches. But a little tap sets it working again.

Yup. That’s the one. There is a second element under the turntable and you can choose between using one or both of the elements.

I haven’t done it for quite awhile, but I have improvised “pizza” using crackers or bread. Some tomato paste mixed with favorite pizza seasonings topped with cheese on top the bread. Perhaps ground meat browned with onions and bell peppers.
    Thats a good idea Parsi. Quick & easy BUT healthy.

How are you doing girl?
    Its been a long time & i'm glad to be back.
    (i am the old "cat in the hat or CITH as some called me). NOW i have reinvented myself as InfraRedCharlotte. name comes frome an game i used to play with the kids on some gaming device & Charlotte is my dog's name.

I'sending good & positive vibes your way.

Take care
    Sandra aka. Charlotte
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

19. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223284868 ... LastLast