Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25456570717273747576 LastLast

Thread: OT Lazy Cooking with Cat!

Distinguished Community Member

Ann, please put the recipe for the Delicata squash that you put on the Chit Chat thread. It was easy and simple and looked so good, but it would be hard to find, so it would really be nice to have in on this cooking thread.

I did enjoy watching these guys, but this is too complicated. These two remind me of the Italian Restaurant I use to go to before COVID. It is where I always got their Veal Marsala. They carry on something like this. Always talking about their delicious dishes. I hope their kitchen is not quite as scattered as these guys, though it might be because they pretty much are. It is a treat just to have them wait on you.

Now I am starving for some really good food like this.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the chickpea recipe. I will try it.

A friend gave me a container of feta in brine an d I was looking for recipes to use it. I used to make Greek spinach pie all the time but I did not want to fool around with phyllo. So I looked up crustless Spanakopita and found lots of ideas. I picked a simple recipe and used half spinach and half escarole (which I grew). Turned out so great that I will keep it in the rotation! I just used a rectangular Pyrex dish and cut the pieces into squares. Yes! Now, on to those chickpeas...thanks for the recipe Rose.
    Would love the recipe for the non crust Spanakopita Laz!

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Simple Stuffed Squash ( for Virginia)

Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees F

Squash of your choice such as Delicata, Acorn, or Sweet Dumpling

Break the stem off and cut the squash in half through the stem end

Clean out the seeds and strings - I use a grapefruit spoon for this. Save the Seeds!

Drip a little olive or avocado oil in the cups of the squash. I spread it over the cut edges with the back of a spoon.

Make your stuffing. We either use bread crumbs or smashed croutons. I add diced onion and whatever grated cheese we have- usually Romano. If I have left over mushroom I add that - just a little as mushrooms will add a lot of moisture. Combine with your seasonings - salt, pepper, and thyme or oregano is a good combination but go delicate.

Stuff the squash halves and put them in the oven. I use parchment paper and the tray that comes with the toaster oven.

Cook until the edges start to brown and caramelize and the squash is soft to a fork. About 25 minutes.

Toast some of the reserved seeds to add to the top.

This is very quick. It took longer to type than to do it. Enjoy.
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-21-2020 at 04:23 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hello Catdancer, its been quite some time its nice to se your still active on the board
    soul

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi soul,
    I'm sorry to say that we lost Cat Dancer in September 2019. This thread was one she started and we're continuing it.

Her husband, known here as Tom Cat, sends messages to us regularly as you'll see in the "Messages from Tom Cat" thread. There were many nice photos that he sent but unfortunately they've disappeared recently, and we're still trying to figure out why that happened.

He is trying to learn more about computers and the Internet but he's interested in staying in contact with us here and may actually register eventually. Coronavirus restrictions are getting in the way of that just now but in the meantime he stays in touch via Facebook's Messenger, and I move his messages over here.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Soul it is nice to see you stop in. We all miss Cat Dancer and we have lost others that we miss. Hope you are doing well. Are you on one of the DMTs now?
    Virginia

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by soul View Post
    Hello Catdancer, its been quite some time its nice to se your still active on the board
    soul
    Hi Soul, nice to see you.How have you been doing?

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Sweet Potato Casserole - for Ann (I was surprised at the ingredients SIL put in this. I have made many sweet potato casseroles and never put this much stuff in them. She says it went together very quickly for her)

Sweet Potato Casserole

2 1/2 to 3 lbs sweet potatoes baked and mashed
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup light brown sugar
    1/4 cup evaporated milk
    Grease casserole dish (11 x 13) and put in above

Crush two cups of corn flakes (should have one cup when crushed)
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
    Bake 45 minutes at 375 or until golden brown on top
    (Check in 30 min. Keep cooking if not golden brown)
    Virginia

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    Sweet Potato Casserole - for Ann (I was surprised at the ingredients SIL put in this. I have made many sweet potato casseroles and never put this much stuff in them. She says it went together very quickly for her)

Sweet Potato Casserole

2 1/2 to 3 lbs sweet potatoes baked and mashed
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup light brown sugar
    1/4 cup evaporated milk
    Grease casserole dish (11 x 13) and put in above

Crush two cups of corn flakes (should have one cup when crushed)
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
    Bake 45 minutes at 375 or until golden brown on top
    (Check in 30 min. Keep cooking if not golden brown)
    Holy Mackerel! This is dessert, not a dinner dish with all that sugar and butter. Sure to clog arteries and contribute to Type 2 diabeles if this is part of a typical diet!

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, must not be part of regular diet. SIL is very small, almost bordering on being a little too small. Her daughter is too thin or was the last time I saw her. I guess this was special. One son, since COVID stopped him working, rides his bicycle anywhere from a low of 25 miles per day up to 75 miles per day depending on how much time he has. The day before he ate this meal he rode 38 miles. One day he did 100 miles just to say he was a "century" in cycling terms.
    He is slim, very strong and in good shape. He requested the sweet potato casserole be made like this. He wanted a topping on it. SIL saw this in paper and made it.
    Virginia

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25456570717273747576 LastLast