Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 214161666768697071

Thread: OT Lazy Cooking with Cat!

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So sorry the tomatoes didn't turn out for you this time, jendie. Maybe another time. I've heard that tomatoes are tricky to grow though I tried them only once briefly. I think I had one tomato plant and I don't think it bore. A victim of my neglect, I'm sure.

A question for people here--about sun butter or sunflower butter.

Maybe everyone has been eating sun(flower) butter for ages but I heard of it only recently and found out it (a) is meant to be a substitute for peanut butter and other nut butters when there are people who might have a nut allergy and (b) has just as much protein as peanut butter.

How does it taste? How spreadable is it?

I found this recipe for it but it looks as if it has seeds in it and wouldn't be very smooth.

https://minimalistbaker.com/super-se...flower-butter/
    Hi. I buy it at Trader Joe’s. Very spreadable...like soft peanut butter. I do not know about this recipe but there were dozens of comments. This one might give some info you wanted:

“ I live in France where these sort of products can be difficult to find. So I was very pleased to find this recipe that was very simple to follow. It was a good job that there was a warning not to be tempted to add extra oil as it did seem to take quite a while to go beyond the ‘crumb’ stage. I used my fairly small food processor. Keeping the faith, I found that clumps started to form and it was only 2 or 3 seconds between sessions of scraping it down. After a few time it made a ball and I was tempted to think it was there. Glad I persevered when, after 3 or 4 more goes, it became more of a smooth paste. I forgot to taste for salt before putting it in jars and think I may have liked a little more but this is for my grandchildren so better under salted than over!”
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One thing most of us can still do is eat.

I just found a new type of snack. I've been a fan of almonds (and most other nuts) as a snack for a long time but the other day I tried wasabi and soy-sauce flavored almonds for the first time, and I can't stay away from them for very long.

One nice thing about nuts is that they're a snack you don't have to do anything to to prepare (unless you want to), and yet they're basically pretty good for you. Protein, potassium, fiber.
    Last edited by agate; 08-16-2019 at 07:49 AM. Reason: fixing typo
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 214161666768697071