Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 123252575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: OT Lazy Cooking with Cat!

Distinguished Community Member

If I can come up with a good topping for chicken, that would be the answer. Thanks Linda.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sunshine, now that I have eaten the chicken, pesto dish a number of times I need another easy recipe. The other one you gave us has too many ingredients for me to try and do. Got anything else?

Linda, I have the parchment paper, and even bought a yellow pepper and had some asparagus and I was going to do a chicken in parchment paper. Then it hit me that it would be just really white when it comes out I guess. What does it look like? I am not too fund of colorless food especially chicken. Something about it is just not real appetizing to me. Otherwise, it sounds so good and easy.
    Virginia, it’s not as hard as it looks! Break it down into prep bowls

In first bowl put the ginger, garlic and scallions and dry chili pepper flakes (you buy them dry in spice section, already flaked)

Second bowl, put the rice wine or rice vinegar, soy sauce or Tamari, and the sliced dates.

Third bowl has the measured out cashews, you can buy them unsalted and already roasted.

Fourth bowl ,Put the sliced chicken

Then you’re ready to cook! It’s simple cooking. I used a 12” Pan. For 1.25 lbs chicken breast cut up into morsels.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default I do not use ‘toppings’....

If I can come up with a good topping for chicken, that would be the answer. Thanks Linda.t
    I just lay some veggies on top of the chicken ...it does not need a topping...just spices and salt and pepper. A full meal in an envelope! If I am lazy I look in the frig and also through a tablespoon of something I find there on top of the veggies which are laying on top of the chicken or fish...etc. could be pesto, could be marinara sauce..I bet salad dressing or even tartar sauce would add a little flavor. Try it. It is really a blessing. No mess!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, it is all those bowls and having all the clean up that bothers me. Someday when I am feeling a bit peppier I will try it.

Linda, I had already thought of trying to find a salad dressing that might add a bit of flavor. I will look in the grocery store for one. You are right marinara sauce might also work.

I find it hard to cook decent meals for one. Tonight I felt so tired I just had a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Not very tasty since all I had at lunch was yogurt, but I really didn't feel like fixing anything more.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Kraft makes a lime vinaigrette dressing that I like for fish and chicken.. I sometimes marintate pieces of either in the dressing for about 15 minutes, then simply pan try in a bit of butter and oil, then serve over rice, using pan drippings as a sort of sauce. There are now have of frozen veggies that take only 5 minutes in the microwave to cook. Other than having to wait on the rice....Or pasta...to cook, I can have a simple meal on the table in less than a half hour...

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cat the lime vinaigrette dressing does sound good. I got some honey Dijon today and I also bought roma tomatoes, broccoli, more asparagus, and I've got lots of herbs. So I think I will be alright with making the chicken now. I'll just put a bunch of herbs on top with possibly the Dijon and the tomatoes and broccoli and lay some asparagus on the side.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cat the lime vinaigrette dressing does sound good. I got some honey Dijon today and I also bought roma tomatoes, broccoli, more asparagus, and I've got lots of herbs. So I think I will be alright with making the chicken now. I'll just put a bunch of herbs on top with possibly the Dijon and the tomatoes and broccoli and lay some asparagus on the side.
    That sounds perfect. Another good vegetable this time of year are snowpeas. Flat peas in the pod, fully edible.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love snowpeas! They are a great snack.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I stopped again tonight and got a pork tenderloin to fix in the crock pot. I just pour barbecue sauce over that, so it is really easy. Some potatoes and broccoli make a good meal and I can eat on it for several nights.

It also occurred to me that I probably could just put a bit of barbecue sauce on the chicken sometime and fix it in the parchment paper with some vegetables on the side of it.
    Virginia

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I fixed the chicken in parchment paper tonight. I enjoyed it. So now I have another recipe. I put some lemon juice on the chicken, but I don't think that added anything. If I was going to try that I should have put it on at the end I guess. Anyway, then I put some herbs, and a tiny bit of salt and some pepper, some strips of yellow bell pepper, a couple of roma tomatoes and I prepared some asparagus and laid beside the chicken and cooked it all together for about 35 minutes at 400 degrees.

I started to put a thin layer of honey Dijon on the chicken before I put any of the other spices, but decided it might be a bit much. On the other hand it might have been good. Maybe some day I will try that. Anyway, now I have two new recipes for chicken breast that are easy and that I like. I just washed the chicken and let it dry and put it on the parchment paper and then added the other stuff which I had already prepared.
    Virginia

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 123252575859606162636465 LastLast