Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 183858636465666768697071 LastLast

Thread: OT Lazy Cooking with Cat!

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks Agate, I really like this one, but I wanted a 4 toast one, in order to keep it smaller. I do not need a large one and hate to give up my counter space.

I have looked at so many I get confused and I have read so many reviews. I would like to go look at some in person, but it would be difficult for me to walk and stand that long.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not being able to see an item before buying is a problem, but there are ways of getting a fairly good idea of what you're looking at on Amazon (and other Website stores). If you prowl around in all the information, you can usually get the exact dimensions and weight, and magnifying the photo of an item often helps.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Agate, I think I have decided to get a Hamilton Beach with a roll top, but a different model from yours. I am trying to decide between the convection oven and the regular oven. The only problem I am having in deciding now is, I have never used a convection oven and don't know if I will like it. They are a little larger than what I had wanted, but at least I can cook everything in them. They have them at Bed Bath & Beyond as well as Amazon. One model # was 31127D and the other one was 31126.

Sunshine, do you have a convection oven.

I probably will have to wait until Saturday to make a decision because I have errands tomorrow and a Doctors appointment on the other side of town.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I do not have a convection oven, on either the big one or the countertop one. I dont know how to use one, and my recipes would all have to be adjusted for them. So, I just went old school :)

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

This isn't exactly lazy cooking as there's no cooking involved. It's more like lazy eating. But I thought some might not know about this way to grab a snack that isn't so bad for you while putting forth very little effort.

I find the jar, open it, pour out a handful of these, and I've had 3 grams of protein and am no longer hungry--they're called "bacon-flavored bits" and are soy-based.

I toss them on salads or on top of vegetables but mainly when I'm hungry I reach for a few of them.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

My large oven has a convection setting...and I rarely use it. Supposedly they "save cooking time", but I've found the "saved time" to be minimal. They do circulate the hot air and so make for more even browning, but I don't know that would be an issue in a small toaster oven.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Quick and easy cooking is the name of the game here. We love the creamy tomato basil soup sold at Trader Joes or Costco (the best!), then we simply saute a cut up chicken breast in butter and lemon juice and throw it all together and heat. Soup, salad, and a piece of sourdough toast for dipping. Yum. My kind of meal on another dreary, rainy day!

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Nuthatch, are you saying you put the tomato basil soup and chicken together? I have not tried Trader Joe's soup, but now I will. Yes, quick and easy is the way to go. It is another rainy and dreary day here also, but then we have had so much rain lately that everyone's yard is just standing in water. It is suppose to continue on for another 3 or 4 days at least. I can't remember how long it has been so far.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Bumping this up with this handy calculator where you can figure how much protein you need to have each day. Seems I need 41g/day.

https://fnic.nal.usda.gov/fnic/dri-calculator/

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I need 51g/day Agate. I would have thought we would be closer to the same. A handy calculator to have. Thanks for posting.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 183858636465666768697071 LastLast