Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1636566162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: OT Lazy Cooking with Cat!

Distinguished Community Member

Suze-Q, I will need to try yours. It sounds good. These are comfort foods.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

That's exactly what it tastes like, a big, warm, fuzzy hug.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Those both sound fattening, Suzy and Virginia.

Thank you,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Quarter your Brussels sprouts and put them in the tray cut side down. Heat oven to 450F. Add some thickly cut purple onion slices to the tray. Pour some EVOO on it and slather it around. Add pepper. Sprinkle wine vinegar or lemon juice on top. Roast about 12 minutes until tender but not burnt to a crisp.

Remove from oven. Sprinkle kosher salt on it.keep in foil and close it around the sprouts. The steam finishes softening the sprouts. Eat ior fridgerate it.

You can use the toaster oven for so much. I bake chicken breasts, chicken thighs in it. Find a glass casserole dish, the type Pyrex make, and put the meat in it and bake same way you would in a big oven.

Its much easier to handle in big oven, esp from a wheelchair....i rarely use the big oven now.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, thanks for this and I believe I can do other vegetables the same way. Also, I assume I can roast the very small red potatoes. I usually cut them up, put a little EVOO on and some herbs and stick in oven. I don't think I can keep these in fridgerator, but the other vegetables I think I can, such as asparagus. This would allow me to fix enough for an extra meal the following day and just heat them up in the toaster oven.

Looking forward to having another toaster oven. I don't know why I did not replace mine that finally went bad many, many years ago. The one I am looking at is a small one that holds 4 slices of toast. However, that is big enough for just me and will not take up as much counter space. The one I had a long time ago was small, but still I could cook 2 steaks. I don't usually eat steak anymore, but I might try one just to see if I can do it.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, this is the toaster oven I've had for the last 3 years. I haven't used it except for making toast but my guess is that it would work OK for other food too:

https://smile.amazon.com/Hamilton-Be...h+toaster+oven

My previous toaster oven was still doing well with no problems after 18 years. I gave it up only because there didn't seem to be room for it when I moved here. Since then my son gave me a toaster oven they no didn't want, and I made room for it. I'm glad I did as it makes excellent toast.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Yes, Virginia, anything you roast in the oven, you can use the toaster oven for at 450F. Potatoes def work. I have done green beans, purple onions in the Brussels sprouts, really anything pretty much.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thanks Agate, I like the looks of it and it doesn't seem to be too big, so maybe it will not take up too much counter space. I wish you cooked more in it.
    Virginia

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thanks Sunshine. I will get either the one I had seen that appeared to be fairly small or possibly the one Agate directed me to. It looks like it has about everything I would want. It also appears to be easy to use, and is fairly small and easy to clean.
    Virginia

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Be sure your fave small casserole dish fits. Mine does.

My measurements were done iOn the external side of the oven

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1636566162636465666768 LastLast