Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 244464697071727374

Thread: OT Lazy Cooking with Cat!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Silicone garlic peeler? I didn't know there were garlic peelers! I always used a paring knife. I hope this works well for you. Garlic is so important!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Take a large cutting knife. Put it on its side so that the broad side of the blade (not the sharp side) lays across a garlic clove. With your other hand, make a fist and bang it down BAM on top of the clove. This will separate the paper from teh clove. Makes it so easy to then chop the clove or to put it in the garlic press with minimal paper mess. Rachel Ray taught me that on her show.

There are demos on YOUTUBE.
    Last edited by Sunshine 2; 09-24-2020 at 04:08 AM.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Years ago I watched some cooking shows and saw this demonstrated--then promptly forgot about it and went on laboriously peeling my garlic cloves with a knife.

I found a video:

Last edited by agate; 09-24-2020 at 08:38 AM.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, Looks easy on TV. The silicone they sent me is in a roll and I think you just cut the head off the garlic, put it in the little tube and roll it. When I get to use it if it doesn't work I will try the above method.
    Virginia

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile Crispy Roasted Chickpeas

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Here's a healthy, change of pace, and super easy recipe for snacking: Roasted Chickpeas aka Garbanzo Beans. The recipe suggests eating them straight out of the oven, while they are hot. When they cool, they can be used in salads or soups as croutons. Perhaps with a bit of tahini, they could also be made into hummus. Customizable with your own herbs and spices.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-mak...-kitchn-219753

Bon Appetit and Happy Snacking!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Those chickpeas sound good. When I was still tinkering with recipes, I used garbanzos/chickpeas often. They're loaded with good nutrients. A cup of chickpeas has 14g of protein, 12g of fiber, and lots of other good things like potassium.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the chickpea recipe. I will try it.

A friend gave me a container of feta in brine an d I was looking for recipes to use it. I used to make Greek spinach pie all the time but I did not want to fool around with phyllo. So I looked up crustless Spanakopita and found lots of ideas. I picked a simple recipe and used half spinach and half escarole (which I grew). Turned out so great that I will keep it in the rotation! I just used a rectangular Pyrex dish and cut the pieces into squares. Yes! Now, on to those chickpeas...thanks for the recipe Rose.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Agate ~

Chickpeas are quite nutritious, and they can be used in many different ways. I have a recipe from "Forks Over Knives" for No Tuna Salad using chickpeas. It is delicious.

Lazarus ~

Yum ... Greek food! One of Jim's and my favorite cuisines. We were spoiled for many years with a wonderful Greek restaurant, owned by a Greek family. Truly authentic food per Jim, who had been to Greece a few times. They went out of business, and a few years later, their son opened a new Greek restaurant. Unfortunately, he couldn't make a go of it, as there are so many restaurants in our area. I'll bet your Spanakopitas are scrumptious!

I hope you and John enjoy the chickpea recipe. Let us know what herbs/spices you chose!

Now, I need to order some chickpeas the next time I shop on Instacart!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 244464697071727374