Taco Salad

1 pound Hamburger
    1 package of taco seasoning
    1 medium head of lettuce
    2 medium tomatoes chopped
    1 cup bottled Catalina dressing
    5 cups crushed corn chips
    2 cups shredded cheese,, {cheddar}

brown hamburger,,drain,, add taco seasoning,, mix all in large serving bowl,, mix well, and serve
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Cauliflower Salad

I head cauliflower
    3/4 cup mayo
    1 TBL mustard
    3 hard boiled eggs , chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    3/4 cup frozen peas
    1/4th cup dill pickles , c hopped
    3 slices bacon, chopped

place cauliflower in large saucepan,, with water,, bring to a boil, and cook till fork tender,,about 10 minutes ,, drain and cool slightly,,whisk the mayo,,mustard,, and S & P,, add the cauliflower and the rest of the ingrediants,, stir well and cover,, in fridge for 24 hours,, the longer it chills, the better the flavor,,

its really good,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks for these two recipes Peg. They both sound great. I especially like the sound of the cauliflower salad.
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Cauliflower! Mmmmmm!

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That cauliflower salad sounds a bit like potato salad without all of the calories of the potatoes--truly inspired!

Those who don't eat meat could easily substitute those soy-based "bacon bits" for the chopped bacon. I always keep those imitation bacon bits around because they're an OK snack, in small amounts.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

My Instacart shopper mistook a head of cabbage for a head of iceberg lettuce yesterday. I'm not a big fan of cabbage, because it gives me gas. So, I haven't made anything with cabbage in decades. As it turns out, Jim likes cabbage (26 years together, and I found this out today!).

The one way I can tolerate a small amount of cabbage is coleslaw. So, I decided to take that route with half of the head, and Jim can cook the remaining cabbage however he wishes.

I can't recall the last time I made coleslaw ~ probably in the 70s. So, I looked up dressing recipes on the 'net. I used this one:

Ingredients

14 ounce coleslaw mix with red cabbage and carrots
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons white sugar
    1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 tablespoon white vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper

The coleslaw is now marinating in the fridge.

Please share with me your coleslaw dressing recipes, because I'll likely make coleslaw with the other half of the cabbage. And Jim will probably ask me to actually order cabbage on my next Instacart escapade!

Howie ~ I know coleslaw is one of your staples. What's your dressing recipe?

Thanks!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

I use NAPA cabbage which is much sweeter and more tender than the round cabbages. I slice it and add it to a hot fry pan which has some oil and when it starts to cook down and became limp I sprinkle soy sauce on it. Stir and serve. Fast and very good. (I use light soy sauce to reduce salt)
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Linda)))))) ~

Thank you for the cabbage cooking tip. I will share it with Jim.

The coleslaw was a huge hit with Jim! He just raved and raved well after dinner. Who knew?! We have leftovers for tonight, including some of Jim's chef salad, and corn on the cob. Jim wants Field Roast Frankfurters as his meat alternative. So, it's Summer here!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 153555606162636465