Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Lazy Cooking with Cat!

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have done this with parchment paper....you can use fish or chicken...I do not know about beef. But I lay sliced veggies on top and usually put a glob of Dijon. It is really impressive. I forget the heat but the time is short. You would pay a fortune for it in a restaurant! The presentation is that pretty.
    Linda
    I've done this in a microwave (with the parchment, not foil) and it works that way too. Howie should try this. I know the micro works well for egg dishes, so long as you crack the eggs, and break up the yolks. Otherwise you end up with eentsy weensty bits of egg all over the inside of the micro, a devilish time cleaning t up. Don't ask how I know this....

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I actually have a bunch of sesame seeds which I don't use for anything else, and a food processor....I'm assuming I'd just dump them in there, then a bit of oil, then a bit more, until I achieve "paste" consistency?

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Usually for rice I use 1-1/2 cups water for every cup of rice. I don't have a rice cooker. I put the cup of rice in a fine strainer and rinse it, eliminating some of the starch. Dump that in a quart pan with a tight fitting lid. Add the water, and whatever seasonings you might like (Parsi's combination sound good). Bring it to a boil, then put the lid in, turn the heat down to a low simmer. Resist the temptation to remove the lid! Let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Then turn the heat off entirely, but leave the pan on the warm burner, for about five minutes more. Then take pan off heat, remove lid, fluff rice, and serve. I use several varieties of white rice, Brown rice, and black rice, and this method seems to work for all of them.

By the way, depending on what you're using it for, you can use chicken or beef broth instead of the water. Adds more flavor, some colors and nutrients to it, too.

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

I like this thread!!!

While I am slightly knowledgeable about food production and storage I am not the cook in our house. As we are farmers and as a result always broke, my wife can make a meal out of just about anything. Eating healthy(er) was always important in our house as both the kids are type 1 diabetics and in the bad old days you had to do exchanges and certain food were off limits. Things are much better now with fast acting insulin's.

Well I can put 2 (yes two!) pieces of bread in the toaster and spread butter on them and usually the counter as well. It is a pretty cool machine.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

A really quick guacamole: peel and mash two ripe avocados. Stir in juice from one lime. Stir in 1/2 cup (more or less, depending on thick you like it) "of your favorite salsa. We like chi-chi's medium, but there are a lot out there. Eat. Should there be any left, gently lay a piece of plastic wrap on the surface, spread the rest down the sides of the bowl, creating as little airspace as possible. Put in refrigerator. 20+ minutes later take it out of the fridge, peel off the plastic and eat the rest of it while wondering why you just didn't do that in the first place...
    Last edited by Uppitycats; 12-17-2015 at 11:11 AM.

10. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie has never had a taco, or so he says. This is a very elementary taco recipe. Variations are possible, particularly when it comes to the stuff you put in it.

TACO
    Just get some corn tortillas, the kind that come in a stack and you can freeze them. Warm one of them up in an oven or toaster oven without letting it get too crisp.

Meanwhile brown some ground beef, crumbled, along with some minced garlic and chopped onions, and add it with chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, salsa of your choice, a bit of salt and pepper and any other seasonings you like, and top it off with shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack. Fold the taco over and put it in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese.

There's your taco.
    There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
    --Jane Austen, Emma

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uppitycats View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually have a bunch of sesame seeds which I don't use for anything else, and a food processor....I'm assuming I'd just dump them in there, then a bit of oil, then a bit more, until I achieve "paste" consistency?
    You got it!

http://www.inspiredtaste.net/26901/easy-tahini-recipe/

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Gary, I'm a fan of turkey tacos too....absolutely love them!!

Now...did you make that butter yourself for your toast?

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

He even mooed as he was doing it !

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Delicious salad:
    Bunch of fresh spinach
    Chopped red, orange or yellow bell pepper
    Chopped purple onion
    Add black beans from rinsed and drained 15 oz can
    Lots of crumbled blue cheese-- @4 oz
    Sliced up avocado
    Bunch of baby salad shrimp

whisk 1/2 cup olive oil with 3 TBS champagne vinegar, and 1 tsp Dijon mustard, some S and P

Toss salad with the whisked dressing. Eat.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast