Thread: There used to be a lightening survivors forum

Distinguished Community Member

Default There used to be a lightening survivors forum

There used to be a lightening survivors forum
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

2. The following user says "thanks"

Hello clouds z!

I've been here a long time and I don't remember a lightning survivor's forum, but if you remember, I believe you!

Several years back, when we came back online after the crash, I think a lot of forums were dropped because no one was posting in them anymore. Then almost 2 years ago, Mike started dropping forums that had less than 5 threads in them.
    Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

well at mgh

this started out under mass general hospital -you know that?
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Clouds-Z, you are right. I remember the forum that you speak of. I used to post some in it. It was interesting, but not 2 many posted, but they were posters. It was in the early days, I came on board in 1999 and the Chit Chat room was popular. In fact I think I met you in that chat room.

Awwwwwwwwwwww, but the good old times,eh? We did have some good times. I was in the Alzheimer's Chat Room. My MIL had Alzheimer's I still have friends from other countries, especially Canada.

Its nice to talk with ones from the olden days--lol

Not meaning to dispute your word Mod. #7. Some of us are just plain old. I'm older than dirt, so I guess that counts for something.

Happy Holiday to you both! Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"