Blog Entries

Default Worldwide Candle Lighting 12/13/15

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 3.07.08 PM.jpg

The 19th Annual Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting

In Memory of Children, Who Have Died

Sunday

December 13, 2015

7:00 p.m. your local time

Please light a candle and remember all children, who have died at any age from any cause.
    You will be joining hundreds of thousands of people in creating a virtual 24 hour wave of light across the globe ...

"... that their light may always shine."

For more information, please visit The Compassionate Friends website.

https://www.compassionatefriends.org..._Lighting.aspx

Thank You ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Our Precious Angels

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 4.06.55 PM.jpg

OUR PRECIOUS ANGELS

Forever in Our Hearts

Augie

Bubba

Lauren

Tessa

Kole

Alexandria

Bekah

Bobby

Matthew

Ira

Jaden

Jenna Nicole

Lucas

Jacob

Carly

Ruben

Noah

Brianne

Andrew

Kaylee

Michael

Kaitlyn

Jagger

Ronan

Elise

Morgan

Danny Jr.

Carlie Jae

Zachary

Amanda

Lydia

Nathan

Blaze

Bryan

Anna-Marie

Megan

Kate

Griffin

Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 12-10-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

This is beautiful Rose! Are those the names of children on the forum? I will be honoring my friend's miscarried baby who died in 2010.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Blog Entries

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Yes, Our Precious Angels are CN children, with the exception of Bryan, who was Michael's best friend and classmate, and his mom is one of my very closest friends. I posted about Bryan's illness and passing here on CN, and they received tremendous support from all of you. I placed his name on the list as an Honorary Member.

The list begins with the inception of CN. From Matthew (Mama Sue's son, as is Bobby) on, the list incorporates our Precious Angels during the past 15 years. I know this, because I joined in 2000, at Mama Sue's urging, while Matthew was struggling with his very rare condition. Donna, Tamie and I were members and knew all of these children and their parents well, because our forum was extremely active in those days, and we were a tight group with a huge membership. Imagine our CN forum then ~ not unusual for 3 or 4 pages of new posts every day.

Megan is Tracy Sheppard's daughter, who received her wings in August this year.

I'm so very sorry that your friend lost her baby. I'm sure your friend will be touched deeply to know that you are lighting a candle for her baby. It means so much to grieving parents to know that their children are remembered and honored by others.

Thank you.

Love & Light,

Rose

Blog Entries

Ah how wonderful they are all being remembered. I'm so sorry these beautiful children passed away! I would have loved to see what the forum was like back then. Glad you understand about my friend's sweet baby Rose. Except for her family and me nobody brings her up or even seems to care, even though losing her tore my friend apart. I wrote about what happened during the miscarriage in 2010 in the Cerebral Palsy forum archive under something like "pray..sad post". That baby will always be my little angel friend no matter what anybody says!!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Remembering the stories and lives, parents and siblings for each of these names. So much joy, so much heartache, so much history. Another name to be added is Carly's sister, Anna-Marie. She lost her battle with brain cancer at 21 after five years of fighting. Helene lost two daughters. Still in touch with her after all these years. This site was my lifeline; my infusion of support and understanding. Miss all those who used to post here.
    grandmother of Tyler (22): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

9. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

I remember many of these children, Rose. Thank you so very much for being our memory keeper. I will be lighting a candle on Sunday after coming home from Kate's memorial service. I'll be remembering all our CN children, but especially Megan and Michael.
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Blog Entries

((((((HUGS TO ALL)))))) ~

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

One of the most loving things you can do for grieving parents is remember their child, particularly on special occasions, holidays, Angelversaries. It's wonderful that you are there for your friend, and I'm sure that she is very grateful for your kindness and support. And, yes, I'm sure that you have an angel on your shoulder.

((((((Tamie)))))) ~

Thank you for sharing with us that Helene's daughter Anna Marie has passed. I've added her to the list of Our Precious Angels. How wonderful that you and Helene are still in touch. Please tell her that my prayers are with her for peace, strength and comfort. And please let her know that we are honoring her two beautiful daughters.

I miss the old days too, Tamie. We had so many members, yet, we were all tight and close. I miss hearing about everyone's journey, their ups and downs, their families, their children, grand children.

But, we're still here, and our arms are open to welcome back everyone at any time. We're still close and tight.

How is Tyler? How are you and your husband? Prayers for you continuing ~

((((((Donna)))))) ~

I added Kate and Griffin to the list of Our Precious Angels. I'll be thinking of you, Kate and her family on Sunday.

Love & Light,

Rose

12. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Hi Rose, I'm going to Kate's memorial service tomorrow. I will tell you all about it. It will be a celebration of her rich, but short life. xo
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Blog Entries

((((((Hugs To All)))))) ~

Candles are still glowing in Michael's room to honor all of our Precious Angels.

Donna ~ I was thinking of and praying for you and Jim, and Kate's family today. I'm sure that Kate's celebration was beautiful.

A year after Michael passed, a dear friend sent me a collection of songs to help me with my grief journey. This one touched me deeply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsDji3Z7t3s

"And you'll be here in my arms ...
    Just sleeping ..."

For all parents, who feels as I do tonight, missing their beautiful child, I weep. May we all find comfort in experiencing our children's spiritual presence and knowing that we will be reunited someday.

Love & Light,

Rose