Thread: Complications after meningiuma removal

Default Complications after meningiuma removal

Hi all,

I had my meningiuma removed on July 26th and there has been many issues since then. I had been on
    PANTOPRAZOLE, DEXAMETHAS, LEVETIRACETAM and LORAZPAM. From the day of surgery until September 10th when they finally decided tonstop all the medicationds, I wasn't getting more than 2-3 hours of sleep each night.

They just stopped the medication on September 10th and since then I have been sleeping through the night but I have been experiencing a very bad headache which basically starts in the morning OR when I am sleeping and it wakes me up and I am in pain all day. Did anyone have these headaches, too? Is it normal?

Also, I have been hearing a clicking noise coming from my head, is thia normal?

Also, my vision is affected by the surgery and I no longer can glance at a screen and see/read the whole thing at once. I see the left half and have to move my eyes and scan the right half to be able to see it. Has anyone had to deal with this issue?

Please help me, any help would be much appreciate it. My doctor is on vacation for the next two weeks and his assistant doesn't want to recommend anything until the doctor returns.

Thank you.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((sparkling)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing all of these issues post surgery and being taken off of the medications. Unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge with your specific surgery, so I can't be of any help to you there.

Is there a doctor covering for your doctor, while he's on vacation? If so, you might call your doctor's assistant and request at least a phone consult with the "on call" doctor to discuss your symptoms. Does your hospital have a Nurse Assistant Line (telephone support)? If so, you might try calling it to see if a nurse can help you.

You can find the drugs you've been taking on our Drug Info Link:

https://medlineplus.gov/druginformation.html

Perhaps you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms from those meds.

I wish that I could be of more assistance to you. But I'm sending you healing, positive energy that your symptoms will soon subside, and you will be healthy and whole.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((sparkling)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing all of these issues post surgery and being taken off of the medications. Unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge with your specific surgery, so I can't be of any help to you there.

Is there a doctor covering for your doctor, while he's on vacation? If so, you might call your doctor's assistant and request at least a phone consult with the "on call" doctor to discuss your symptoms. Does your hospital have a Nurse Assistant Line (telephone support)? If so, you might try calling it to see if a nurse can help you.

You can find the drugs you've been taking on our Drug Info Link:

https://medlineplus.gov/druginformation.html

Perhaps you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms from those meds.

I wish that I could be of more assistance to you. But I'm sending you healing, positive energy that your symptoms will soon subside, and you will be healthy and whole.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Hi Rosa,

Thank you for your reply and kind words. They have an on call doctor and I also made an appointment with another doctor in a different city (closer to my home) for next week but I was hoping I could get more replies here from other folks who had brain surery :) thanks again for your nice message

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((sparkling)))))) ~

I'm glad that you have an appointment with another physician, so that you can discuss your symptoms and get professional help.

Unfortunately, our forums aren't as active as they once were, so any members with experience similar to yours may not visit the forums regularly.

Please let us know how your appointment goes with the new physician.

Hope your symptoms resolve quickly.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.