Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I watched 4, almost 5 of them, then turned in. #3 was terrible! It was like something they just tossed in the mix that didn't have anything to do with the others.

Too many remakes being done, and they are never as good as the original.
    Last edited by Howie; 11-02-2015 at 10:02 AM.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

How could I not think of Howie when this showed up in my inbox today?

http://www.sciencealert.com/study-su...tic-as-you-are

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuzE-Q View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How could I not think of Howie when this showed up in my inbox today?

http://www.sciencealert.com/study-su...tic-as-you-are
    Totally understandable for sure. LOL!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cool

I spend most of my time here sitting on my bed. All the electronics are in here. But I get the biggest kick when we are ALL sitting on the bed. I didn't call them in this room, or up on the bed. They just like being where I am.

Plus it has the added bonus of if anyone hears me talking to myself, I can always say, "Oh, I was just talking to the cats!"

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

We have been back to late September weather the past couple days with highs in the 50s and 60s during the day and only down in the low 40s at night. By now we have generally have had at least a few flurries but so far all quiet on the Eastern front.

I got a call from a surgeon today saying my PCP had referred me for follow-up on the diverticulitis. Could I come in at 1PM day after tomorrow? It has been a long time since the wheels have been that nicely greased. Also got a letter from my old PCP (now Medical Director at the Hospital) thanking me for my input on the quality of care and mistakes made during my stay , assuring me that the issues will be addressed (med errors, lack of communication, disrespecting privacy, etc.). Today I stalled in improvement but am sure it will resume after a good night's sleep.

Be well all.

10. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cherie glad to see you continue to improve. But cleaning the bathroom and other fall duties will have to wait. At least for now. Howie and I are going to come over and strap you to the recliner and the only thing you will be allowed to do is operate the remote and the computer!

It looks pretty outside with the sun shining until you realize that it is 40 deg and the wind is blowing 20 mph. I am going junk yard shopping today for some used tires for SIL car. He has been driving our Explorer and wants our older Toyota as he only uses it to commute to work. It is 26 years old and still runs good. I had to install a new timing belt. And a complete tune up. I had a set of brand new studded snow tires and they turned out to be slightly too big.

And I still haven't finished the overhaul on one of the tractors. I ran into a snag I need a tool that I cant seem to rent or borrow. I am trying to make something but it is slow going. It is one of those things that requires me to get up and down from the beneath the tractor. I am going to have son come out and see if he can help. After about 3 or 4 times I get so sore and weak that even with something to pull myself up on I almost couldn't make it. My son cleaned out the shops and reorganized everything, he even made a couple of work areas that you can sit at and work on something. He doesn't like my filing system....a place for everything and everything all over the place.

Needless to say I am being careful to keep it clean. It really is nice to NOT spend 2 min working and 2 hours looking for parts and tools.

Hope everyone is doing OK seems like there has been one thing after another. I am glad that everyone is here for each other.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks everyone,, its still in limbo, if my sister and I will fly to Texas, for the funeral.. my brother has had to much tragedy in his life,,his wife died of cancer, also his 16 year old son died, falling into a volcano crater in Hawaii,,{which was roped off},,

anyway not one beggar, for Halloween,, grandkids stayed with their mom , but we are going to the high school musical Bye Bye Birdie, Thursday night, my neice has the starring role in it,,taking the grandkids,,

better go,,later
    Peg, your poor brother--is this the brother whose daughter ended her life?As if he hadn't had enough!

You have a tough decision to make about whether to go there for the funeral.

Today is payday. By some wonderful magic, thanks to Social Security, I get paid for taking care of myself when I can't earn a living. That's not all the good news--United Health Care is paying people to take care of routine medical stuff, and I recently made a tidy sum just by getting a flu shot, getting my HbA1C checked, and showing up at the doctor's office for a "wellness visit." Since these were all things I routinely do, getting gift cards has been frosting on the cake.

And the PT hasn't really helped the left leg pain and weakness but I've been outfitted with a cervical roll to put in my pillow at night and in my chair during the day. I've been sleeping much better since getting this--it's just a cylindrical piece of foam with a cover on it.

It was hitting the wheelrims on my chair and I trimmed it down a bit but I really think it will help. There might have to be an adjustment in the wheelchair legrests to fix the leg pain. They're a bit too short but can't be lengthened any more. I do without the legrests sometimes but my feet don't reach the floor, and that gets uncomfortable.

These problems are trivial compared to what some people here are going through, and I'm mentioning them only because I have this space in front of me where I can ramble on!

Sally hasn't been heard from lately--hope she's OK.

Gary, I laughed when I read about your filing system--"A place for everything and everything all over the place." That could be me too even though I often heard about how there should be a place for everything and everything in its place, one of my mother's favorite sayings.

I do try to keep flashlights and important keys and medicines in the same place all the time but papers tend to pile up around here.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

I'm back from the payday running around. As I sat in the car ready to leave the store, I remembered what I had forgotten, and went back inside and got them. Then got my meds.

So I'm done, watching the UFO shows that are on all day on the Sci channel. I didn't get any beer because I stopped a while back. I can't afford to spend money on that. And I swear, the sugarless pink lemonade I am drinking makes me dizzy.
    Crazy I know.

Have a great day all!

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

And he posts again.

I just finished updating my Debit Card info with the two services I have on auto pay. Dish, I talked to another human, and Comcast, I was able to do just talking to a computer.

That's about all I had to do today. I may order a wireless modem from Amazon. I saved the site. As it is now, I pay monthly to use the one Comcast provided. It adds up in a years time, and I want to hone expenses as much as possible.

Wish me luck!

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Lots of luck on honing expenses Howie - maybe you can teach me. I went shopping for new glass fireplace doors today. Mine have stopped fitting together properly. I also want to get the house power washed and a host of other things that I would like to do. Hope the "neurotic cats" let you sleep the night through tonight.

Gary, go back and read your last post. You are getting onto Cherie about all that she does (which I admit is probably warranted). But then just look at all the stuff you have lined up to do - and with your BP all over the place!!!

Cherie, glad things are looking up for you a little. Why don't you try taking baby steps in all that you do until you are completely back to par. Sounds like your Doctor is finally taking notice of you and maybe you are going to get some attention now.

Agate, I hurt all the time in my neck and upper shoulders. I wish I knew how to get something like you are talking about to sleep on at night. How could I find one that is right for me? Have any ideas?

Sally, been missing you lately. Hope all is well. Try to let us hear when you can.

Peg, I am so very sorry about your niece. This is so sad for everyone. Your poor brother- to loose his wife, his son and now his adopted daughter. I know you would like to be with him, but I hope you do what is best for you.

Jeanie, I have so few that come on Halloween that I went out to eat with my brother and his wife. I had bought candy, but when they asked I figured it was not worth staying at home for 3 to 4 people. Glad your son was there to help you. It would have been too hard on you trying to answer the door that much if you had not had help. Sorry your friend is in assisted living. If I recall this has been coming for a long time- since shortly after your Mom died I believe.

Suze, Ann, Lorraine, Jendie, Vicky - hope all of your are doing well.

Renee, check in and let us know if you had your surgery and outcome as soon as you are able please.
    Virginia

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast