Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 years

Hybrid View

Distinguished Community Member

Default 4 years

Well its now been 4 years since my surgery to endoscopically remove a colloid cyst from the third ventricle of my brain and have a v.p. shunt inserted.

I was aptly reminded of this as i went for my annual M.R.I. scan today.

Well my annual update is that the memory and fatigue are still a slight,but now managable, issue.

I have held a part-time job down for a year now and after a jittery start it has almost become normal routine. I personally think that having to think has definately benefitted my recovery as it has meant i have had no choice but to keep those grey cogs well lubricated.I fear if i had thrown the towel in early or been unlucky enough to have had a complex surgery i would have vegetated and had a much slower recovery.In the same vein if i had pushed my recovery too much,that too would have had a negative impact also.

There are still daily challenges but trying to stay organised,getting rest when i need it and being lucky enough to have understanding friends,family and employers has made a difference.

The side effect of comming out with a sweet tooth[which i never had before] has subsided but my wife,Helen i suspect would have a different perspective on that one.....!

Hope all of you,that have managed to find this new site,are all having good days too.
    Colloid cyst removed from 3rd ventricle endoscopically oct 07 shunt inserted late oct 07.

Congrats Bill. Glad things are progressing well for you. Agree about keeping the 'grey cogs' lubricated. Exersizing the brain is a great mechanism for recovery from these dang (cc) things. Anyway, i saw the braintalk link in my browser - and it's been quite a while since i nosed in. Saw your post and thought I would say hey. Take care !

Joe

New Community Member

Mine was a Computer Assisted Craniotomy to remove a colloid cyst from the third ventricle of my brain on Feb 15 2006 it will be 6 years on Feb 2012, I feel great. Thanks God No more head aches and no more hallucinations in the middle of the nights.

5 YEARS

Well it now been 5 years since my surgery,

my update....

Having held down a job for nearly two years I resigned, various reasons but mainly the hours and travelling time amongst a few office politics.

Me, I,m good, fatigue and memory still an issue but some improvement this past year still.

Starting to feel a bit like my own self once more at long last,but a much more chilled out version as previously there were never enough hours in the day for what I wanted to get done.

Will look for another part time job in the new year nearer to home.

Looking forward to what lies ahead,just glad to be still here.....

Hope everyone is doing well

Bill(uk)
    Last edited by Bill[uk]; 11-26-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Colloid cyst removed from 3rd ventricle endoscopically oct 07 shunt inserted late oct 07.

Default 5 Years of dog therapy

5 years of dog therapy from this guy, just click on the photos to expand them

Thanks Zak.....

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by Bill[uk]; 04-13-2013 at 07:05 AM.

6 Years post op colloid cyst surgery -update

My annual update, tentatively I risk saying the worst is over but I still remain cautious.

Short Term Memory still an issue but I seem to have learned how to live with it now in the hope that it will still continue to improve using a variety of techniques.

Fatigue also still an issue but again I seem to listen to my body more now and look out for the signs and take regular breaks during periods of concentration

Anxiety rears its ugly head sometimes but nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

Doing some casual zero-hours work which seems to suit me better these days.

Didn't think recovery would take this long and I have had to reluctantly accept things aren,t how they used to be.

I find with no regular working hours everyday I can get a bit bored in the day,especially in the winter but again I see this as a peculiar positive.

Hope everyone is doing good.

HERE ARE SOME LINKS TO MY PREVIOUS ANNUAL UPDATE POSTS FOR ANYONE INTERESTED

2 YEARS - http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...279#post390279

3 YEARS - http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...698#post463698
    Last edited by Bill[uk]; 11-15-2013 at 09:43 AM.

aw what a cute face on that dog. reminds me of my last dog. he died two years ago and I still miss him so much. hubby says no more dogs, unless it is a small one. and I can just see myself stepping on a small dog because I am clumsy enough walking as it is. so I go without a pet of any kind since my beta fish all died. thanks for all the tips you put in braintLK.

Default 7 years

Well it's my 7 YEAR anniversary in a couple of days and here is my annual update.

Short term memory,fatigue and anxiety all continue to improve in equal measure.

I feel very close now to my "normal" pre-op self apart from the afore mentioned.

This past year I have tried to restrain my post-op sweet tooth and as a consequence have made considerable progress towards achieving my pre-op weight, and as a result I now have more energy too.

I have noticed over the past few years that I have become much more sensitive and easily irritable towards noise and so try to avoid them. Noise includes everyday noises such as emergency service sirens,loud tv,large groups of people talking i.e. in a bar/pub etc.

I still continue my zero-hours works which definitely suits me & also gets me out the house periodically. My work involves working away from home for the day once or twice a week as an extra/supporting artist for T.V. companies filming soaps & T.V. commercials. For the Brits on this site I have been on coronation st,emmerdale,hollyoaks and a few others.

Hope everyone is doing good

Well I can,t believe it's my 8 YEAR anniversary in a few weeks,

and here is my annual update.

Short term memory,fatigue and anxiety all still continue to improve in equal measure.

I am posting a bit less on the memory & colloid cyst threads I started as I think I may be subjecting everyone to information overload.

I have taken on yet another zero hours job in conjunction with my existing zero hours supporting artist job so things must be still improving if I feel able to do this.

My 2nd zero hours job is as a forensic technician collecting breath & saliva samples for analysis for random testing,pre-employment and following factory accidents. It's early days but it is interesting and quite taxing at the moment as it involves being well organised and following set protocols & procedures.

I still find busy & crowded places quite challenging so it will be interesting how I cope with a weekend break to New York later this year that we have arranged.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Bill[uk]
    Last edited by Bill[uk]; 09-13-2015 at 06:56 AM.

update sounds good, well I have not had a colloid cyst but other things going on. Job sounds like a good one. Getting to move about. aaaaw a weekend to New York. that sounds very thrilling to me since I have not ever been. but my camcorder traveled right along when my son got to go to NY lol. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast