Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 years

Distinguished Community Member

Default New York

New York...

loved it loved it loved it.........
    Colloid cyst removed from 3rd ventricle endoscopically oct 07 shunt inserted late oct 07.

Default Ts

9 Years

9 Years anniversary

So how am I doing now ?

pretty good I have to say. A lot of my symptoms [as mentioned in my previous updates] have minimised at last and don't concern me so much. They are still there but don't concern me as much as they used to,now I would consider them just minor irritations.

I still keep a diary,but its mainly for work (drug & alcohol testing) which keeps me busy ,too busy on some occasions but I use the busy times to test my self to see what I am capable of still,but then usually pay the price of some fatigue after but I use this as a barometer of my healing.

Still don't feel 100% me but close enough.Roll on to my next update which will be a decade, which I still can,t believe, 10 years......wow...

But at least I have all my diaries,mine and others post on this forum and my annual updates to help me reflect on and to give some perspective of my progress and how far I have come since those dark early post-op days.

Hope everyone is doing good

Bill[uk]
    Last edited by Bill[uk]; 10-06-2016 at 01:49 PM.
    Colloid cyst removed from 3rd ventricle endoscopically oct 07 shunt inserted late oct 07.

New Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill[uk] View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9 Years

9 Years anniversary

So how am I doing now ?

pretty good I have to say. A lot of my symptoms [as mentioned in my previous updates] have minimised at last and don't concern me so much. They are still there but don't concern me as much as they used to,now I would consider them just minor irritations.

I still keep a diary,but its mainly for work (drug & alcohol testing) which keeps me busy ,too busy on some occasions but I use the busy times to test my self to see what I am capable of still,but then usually pay the price of some fatigue after but I use this as a barometer of my healing.

Still don't feel 100% me but close enough.Roll on to my next update which will be a decade, which I still can,t believe, 10 years......wow...

But at least I have all my diaries,mine and others post on this forum and my annual updates to help me reflect on and to give some perspective of my progress and how far I have come since those dark early post-op days.

Hope everyone is doing good

Bill[uk]
    Congratulations Bill! I've just read through your yearly updates for the first time...I'm on year 15 since my open craniotomy in 2001. I experience a similar journey - took a while for my brain to settle down and get focused, and keeping myself challenged with "thinking" (but not overdoing it) did help me too. I went back to school and kept learning. Routines and jobs became my touchstones. I would say now I'm smarter and sharper than my pre-op self.

Unfortunately my CC grew back, but we are monitoring it. I'm appreciative of seeing your reflections today because I have been weighing whether I advocate to have the cyst removed electively to prevent the risks of hydrocephalus. My main concern is getting treated quickly enough, by a seasoned CC surgeon. Your yearly posts have reminded me it is a long journey back to 100%, even with a minimally invasive approach, and not to take the post-op work ahead lightly.

Thank you for sharing. Glad you are doing well!

All the best,

CCSurvivor.

"I'm appreciative of seeing your reflections today because I have been weighing whether I advocate to have the cyst removed electively to prevent the risks of hydrocephalus.

Your yearly posts have reminded me it is a long journey back to 100%"

Glad to help, this is the precise reason I post annually,

good luck with your journey.....

Bill[uk]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12