Thread: pre-op

Distinguished Community Member

Default pre-op

We had Kathleen's pre-op at Shriner's Wednesday. It went great. We met a lot of people who will be involved with the surgery and her care. We saw a physical therapist and she put my mind at ease a little bit in regards to her non weight bearing for at least 6 weeks. Showed me some "tricks". She fixed a small walker with a armrest for her left arm and showed her how to hop with it on one foot. She will get a strap to hold her left leg up so she won't accidently put it down on the ground. I was amazed at how well Kathleen did hoping along even just a few inches. I'm hopeful that we'll make it through. She said they will show me more after surgery and PT will work with us before we leave. They will be sure her diet is Gluten free. The anesthesiologist actually knew about moyamoya which amazed me since not many Dr.'s actually do. So that put my mind at ease since moyamoya makes anesthesia a little more tricky. She had a very thorough cardiac workup and everything is well with her heart. She was born with a small hole so that was good to know. We have a little more than a week to get ready. I'm very nervous but so ready to get this done. I actually ad a dream last night that I had surgery on my foot.
    Mary Grace

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace & Kathleen)))))) ~

Very impressive ~ sounds like Shriners has all of the bases covered. And what good, positive news that the anesthesiologist is familiar with MoyaMoya, the PT has already helped you, and Kathleen's heart is healthy. I know you must be very anxious, but all of these are positive signs to give you confidence to go forward. Kathleen is courageous, determined, and strong willed. She will do well, and once she's recovered, you and she will be so happy you had this surgery (just like her other surgeries). She will walk better and without pain.

Your dream is a reflection of the symbiotic relationship you have with your beautiful daughter. You probably wish that you could trade places with her and have the surgery on her behalf.

I will pray for reassurance for you and comfort for your worries, along with healing, strengthening prayers for Kathleen.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Thank you Rose, We have had some really positive signs. I pray for my strength to keep her as active as possible while non-weight bearing and as comfortable as possible while she recovers. As of yesterday she is off aspirin to prepare for surgery.
    Mary Grace

Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace & Kathleen & Family)))))) ~

I hope that you are all enjoying a wonderfully fun weekend together. Thinking of you and sending healing strengthening prayers your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Thank you Rose. We did have a great weekend! We went to see a friend's soccer game in Oneonta. They are best friends with our family(they go to NJ with us every year also.) Their daughter is a great friends to Kathleen! Kathleen adores her and the whole family so it was lots of fun! WP_20150919_005.jpgWP_20150919_012.jpgWP_20150919_011.jpg

Pictures of Kathleen with the mom and her daughter. We also got to meet up with my husbands cousin who lives in Oneonta. We haven't seen him in many years. Great day!
    I appreciate any prayers for tomorrow as Kathleen goes in for her surgery.
    Mary Grace

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Mary Grace & Kathleen)))))) ~

What fantastic photos! I recognize the faces from your previous photos. Kathleen just exudes joy! And there is love, love, love, love surrounding her!

I'm with you tonight, praying for rest and sleep for all of you, and I'll be there tomorrow with prayers for strength and healing.

Extra ((((((HUGS)))))) for you all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi!

Thinking of you & Kathleen today and hoping all went well with her surgery! Sounds like they were very thorough with her pre-op checkups! Glad you were able to get a fun weekend in before the surgery, love the pictures! :)

Sending prayers for speedy healing!

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!