Thread: Central pontine myelinolysis gabapentin

New Community Member

Cool Central pontine myelinolysis gabapentin

My daughter was recently diagnosed with this disease...she was an alcoholic.She is 36 yrs. old. It has left her incapacitated, incontinent, and with spastic movements of mainly the hands. She has severe neuropathy, and suffers from schizophrenia, with hallucinations. The only meds that have been prescribed are biotin, and baclfofen.The baclofen is not touching her pain. She is scheduled to go to a neurologist in September 2015. I have become her primary health care provider...one of the hardest jobs I've ever had. I am 58 yrs. old, and not in the best of health. I have a third degree burn on my ankle from a house fire we had.It is not healing properly, but anyway...I would basically like to know....would gabapentin...help her pain level? Would it at least make it more tolerable? Neither one of us get much sleep, and it is difficult as no one knows much about this brain damage.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Hello MiracleManifest36 :)

I'm afraid that I can't provide an answer, I don't know what gabapentin or central pontine myelinolysis is :( Please don't over look your own health issues, it won't do either of you any good if they get worse :(