Thread: surgery

Distinguished Community Member

Default surgery

Kathleen's surgery at Shriner's is scheduled for Sept. 22nd. She has a pre-op appointment on Sept. 9th.
    Mary Grace

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by mg12061 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kathleen's surgery at Shriner's is scheduled for Sept. 22nd. She has a pre-op appointment on Sept. 9th.
    Mary Grace
    Good luck to her.

3. The following user says "thanks"

Thank you!
    Mary Grace

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi!

Hope all the pre-op appointments go smoothly. I am sure that surgery date will come up fast! BTW, I really love that hair washing thing I bought, I can't say enough good things about it!

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Lisa, Thank you... They seem to be very thorough with their pre-op. We have appointments with a physical therapist which is great I'll ask her about all the things we may need post op like for showering and see if insurance will cover the things (like the shampoo thingy). I may see if insurance will rent a different wheelchair for her. The one we use is not everyday, just for longer distances and it's very heavy! I will need one to use in the house and everyday for school so a lightweight one with a raised footrest would be good (save my back). We also have appointments with the surgeon,child life/REc. therapist, imaging, and a cardiologist which Kathleen hasn't seen since she was about 5 years old for a small hole in her heart. They released her but it will be nice to have a checkup again since it's been so long.
    Mary Grace

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

Wow, you do have a lot of appointments! But it's best to have all t's crossed and i's dotted, before surgery. Sounds like a thorough work up. And while it is rapidly approaching, I think that's better than months of waiting and anticipating.

I hope your insurance will rent a lighter weight wheelchair, with elevated leg rests. It is certainly a reasonable request.

Lots of pre-op prayers on their way!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi!

Wow! That will be a busy day! We did Caitlin's pre-op like that too though (5 in one day)...I actually liked that better than having separate appointments & trips. Are you far away from your hospital? We are, so it saved a lot of driving for me to get it all done in one trip.

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Thanks Rose and Lisa, We live about 1 1/2 hours from the hospital so yes, getting it all done in one day is great, also Kathleen only misses one day of school for them. I'm so thankful that it's far enough away to get prepared but not so far that I just worry for months. We called yesterday and I'm waiting for a call back but I think we will get a "family room" the night before so we don't have to drive the morning of surgery.
    Mary Grace

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Good luck with the appointments. The family room is a good idea.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php