Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of Summer CN Updates!

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Good luck Erin! I hope you get the job!! :)

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I would happily give you the spa treatment anytime! I'm so happy that people are reacting positively to your films. And how great to be networking to have your films distributed to a broader audience. All very good stuff! Success! I did see your other posts and your blog post, which I have read, but haven't had a chance to comment on. Just continue to do great things! You know I'm a fan!

((((((Erin)))))) ~

I read your article, and it is the perfect example of turning a negative into a positive. Clearly, the caring, loving, supportive people, both friends and strangers, far outweigh the two people, who wouldn't budge or even acknowledge you. Very well written, and what a lovely photograph of you. I'm anxious for Friday to arrive to end the suspense! Positive thoughts and prayers that this job is yours.

((((((Lisa)))))) ~

Hoping that all went well today with Caitlin's care and dressing change. I'm so glad that she is up and about, and I'm sure that will help her to adjust to her new spine. Sending lots of healing prayers your way.

HUGS and to all!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

3. The following user says "thanks"

I GOT THE JOB! I found out this morning. I start in a month. This day has been a blur and it's still sinking in, but I'm over the moon!
    Enjoying the excitements of life. Looking forward to what's to come! What a ride!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

CONGRATULATIONS ERIN!!!

What fantastic news! I am thrilled for you!!!

Please tell us all about your new job!!!

Celebrate!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi!

CONGRATULATIONS ERIN!!! I am so happy that you got the job!

Things are good here, just busy with back to school stuff this week. We had registration day on Tuesday and Logan's teacher one on one meeting today.

Yesterday, the wheelchair vendor came to our house and adjusted C's wheelchair. It didn't need much, she just moved one of the side laterals down a bit and adjusted the headrest. She didn't even charge for it! She was pleased to see how straight Caitlin is now! She has known us since C was 2 and got her first wheelchair so it really was neat to see her reaction to seeing Caitlin sitting tall in her chair now.

Today was another dressing change and hair washing. We even got smiles today for the first time since the original surgery. She is on the road to recovery for sure now! Here is what she looks like in the hair washing thingy. 8 August 141.jpg I love that thing! :)

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Lisa & Caitlin)))))) ~

So happy to hear that Caitlin is doing well!

I can imagine the wheelchair vendor noticing the difference in Caitlin and being amazed. How great that she didn't charge for the adjustment.

The hair washing thingy looks very convenient and efficient. I can see why you love it! And Caitlin looks wonderful ~ she is so pretty, and her smile is beautiful. I know how much those smiles mean to you!

Healing prayers continue ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I would happily give you the spa treatment anytime! I'm so happy that people are reacting positively to your films. And how great to be networking to have your films distributed to a broader audience. All very good stuff! Success! I did see your other posts and your blog post, which I have read, but haven't had a chance to comment on. Just continue to do great things! You know I'm a fan!

((((((Erin)))))) ~

I read your article, and it is the perfect example of turning a negative into a positive. Clearly, the caring, loving, supportive people, both friends and strangers, far outweigh the two people, who wouldn't budge or even acknowledge you. Very well written, and what a lovely photograph of you. I'm anxious for Friday to arrive to end the suspense! Positive thoughts and prayers that this job is yours.

((((((Lisa)))))) ~

Hoping that all went well today with Caitlin's care and dressing change. I'm so glad that she is up and about, and I'm sure that will help her to adjust to her new spine. Sending lots of healing prayers your way.

HUGS and to all!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Thanks Rose! I got more good news the other day. They confirmed the date of that art event/concert and sent the address so looks like I'll be able to go and get my films marketed there and hopefully meet some nice people. The woman with CP also mentioned that I might be able to write something about my films on her website. I emailed her to ask for more details. I am glad that you were able to view my forum blog post since I am often not sure if I am posting blogs here correctly. Your support means the world to me. I read your other thread and I was thrilled Jon was able to go home and has a good sense of humor. I like Jon's personalty a lot. I am reading a book called "Ghost Boy" now and I'm about half way through the book. It's a true story about a guy with a mysterious diagnosis that left him severely disabled and spastic. It reminded me a bit of Jon. You should check out that book.

To CPchick, CONGRATS! SO THRILLED FOR YOU! YOU TOTALLY DESERVE THE JOB!!! Well done!

To Lisa, I love that pic of Caitlin! The bath thing is cool!

UPDATE ON ME: The other day I had a really embarrassing experience when a family member picked me up from an appointment and then made a bad scene in public in front of a very close friend. It completely humiliated me. As if it weren't bad enough the whole scene was based on a big fat LIE. I just don't want my friend to think I condone the outburst. I NEED my friend to know that this does not effect how I feel about them! Do you have any advice on how I could reassure my friend and make sure the friendship does not fall apart?? If you have any prayers to spare, please pray that I don't get blamed for this mess which was completely beyond my control in every way!
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 08-22-2015 at 03:37 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Congratulations on connecting with the art event/concert to showcase your films! That's terrific news! And that's great that you have another person's blog to promote your films. You are on the road to success!

Thank you for the referral to "Ghost Boy." Jon has a wonderful sense of humor. He loves to tease and loves to be teased. And he has the best smile!

I'm so sorry that your family member created a scene in front of your friend. I recommend that you contact your friend, perhaps go for coffee, and chat in person if possible. If not, then call your friend, or email. Begin by apologizing for your relative's outburst. Explain to your friend what the issue was/is and why your relative behaved in that manner. Let your friend know how it affected you, and how much your friendship with this person means to you, and give your friend an opportunity to express his/her feelings about what occurred. Be honest and speak from your heart.

Every relationship is based upon communication. Successful relationships are based upon open communication. It's up to you to open the door in this situation. I hope that you and your friend will be able to talk very soon and all goes well. Prayers going up ~

Love & Light,

Rose

10. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Congratulations on connecting with the art event/concert to showcase your films! That's terrific news! And that's great that you have another person's blog to promote your films. You are on the road to success!

Thank you for the referral to "Ghost Boy." Jon has a wonderful sense of humor. He loves to tease and loves to be teased. And he has the best smile!

I'm so sorry that your family member created a scene in front of your friend. I recommend that you contact your friend, perhaps go for coffee, and chat in person if possible. If not, then call your friend, or email. Begin by apologizing for your relative's outburst. Explain to your friend what the issue was/is and why your relative behaved in that manner. Let your friend know how it affected you, and how much your friendship with this person means to you, and give your friend an opportunity to express his/her feelings about what occurred. Be honest and speak from your heart.

Every relationship is based upon communication. Successful relationships are based upon open communication. It's up to you to open the door in this situation. I hope that you and your friend will be able to talk very soon and all goes well. Prayers going up ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    You're very welcome Rose! Thank you so much for the advice and prayers! I have done exactly as you suggested via an email. I can't meet or call the friend yet as they are out of town. I just pray my friend got the email and understands. I hate feeling like a friendship might be ruined over something so very stupid.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12