Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of Summer CN Updates!

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Default End of Summer CN Updates!

Hi!

Well, one bad with starting a new thread, I can't go back and read what I already shared so here goes....out of laziness, I am cut/pasting my fb updates...

Mary Grace...I know I had recommended the hair washer thing...here is my post with our experience:

Today, we had a fun adventure....I tried out the bed hair shampoo thing I bought from Amazon (see picture below). That drain thing goes into a bucket and you have the person lay their head in the ring and then are able to give their hair a good washing. Hers needed it big time! She inherited my oily hair, poor girl! I was a little skeptical that it was a waste of $$, but it worked great! No mess at all! I am sure it felt good to her to be clean (we did a sponge bath too). I will have to be sure to go give it a 5 star rating! smile emoticon I still am glad we cut her hair short though, it did make it easier that it was short.8 August 102.jpg

Deja vu? Nope, we got the same room we were in last week! These rooms are super nice though so I don't mind at all. Left this morning to come into the clinic to have her incision looked at and the surgeon said they need to go in and clean it out. He tried to express the blood out first and a LOT came out, but they are concerned about how wide & deep the openings in the incision are. They want to clean it out so no bacteria get in and go deep inside which would cause a bigger problem. She is resting comfortably right now. I am currently starving since I last ate breakfast at 9am. 0811151530.jpg

Good evening! Caitlin took a nice long nap (thanks to meds) and I ran a quick errand to a nearby Kohl's & Piggly Wiggly in Milwaukee. I had been optimistic when packing and only packed enough for just tomorrow....so now I have enough clothes that I won't have to do laundry here! I also stocked up on some microwave soup, apples and some healthy snacks so I don't gain more weight while I am here. I can't resist the rich desserts in the cafeteria so it's best not to go down there for every meal! When I got back, we watched a movie together and she ate quite a bit of food! More than she had been eating since getting home last week! I was glad since she will be NPO at midnight and I've been told that she is on the OR schedule for 9 am tomorrow.0811152050.jpg

Day 2: Good morning from my little nest! Thanks to my earplugs, I was able to sleep good....so much so that the resident surgeon had to wake me up at 6:45 to sign the consent form! I usually try to be up and ready by 6am since they tend to come in early but I needed to catch up on missed sleep. I rotated the couch bed 90 degrees this time to create extra space. I like to leave my "bed" set up 24/7 in case I want to nap or just lounge inbetween nurses coming in the room. This works much better for that! I like that there is also a deep shelf area in front of the window to set up all my junk. I did not overpack like I did last week! Living in these hospital rooms reminds me a little bit of living in a dorm room....though my dorm bed was a lot more comfy!

Caitlin is sleeping now. It took her awhile to fall asleep, she was very awake and complaining of pain last night. She got some heavy duty pain meds at midnight before she had to go NPO so hopefully those are still working in her. I am glad they are letting her get her rest. I am sure they will be coming soon to get her. They will move her down to "Day Surgery" on the 3rd floor and we will wait in a pre-op room for when they are ready to bring her to the OR....I will update more after the procedure....0812150744.jpg

Stay 2, Day 2 Post-surgery update: Here I am waiting to be called to go see Caitlin. The surgeon was done around 12:30 and came and said he found a large blood clot when they opened up her incision. He cleaned it all out and there was no sign of infection. That is good! Her incision now has some stitches in it (it was previously glued) since he said there was some additional tension in her skin and this will help keep it closed. I am good with that!

They came and brought me back to see her in the recovery area and since she was breathing well, we got to go up to her regular room around 2pm. I was glad we didn't have to move to the PICU! She has been sleeping now, they gave her a lot of pain meds to keep her back from hurting so she is comfortable. I am hoping to sneak in a nap while she is still sleeping....I will update more tomorrow morning!0812150746.jpg

Now for the non-fb statuses...right now C is having trouble breathing. She needs to cough big time and won't due to pain. She is getting good pain meds, but she is just feeling the back "owie" now. Her nurse called the RT and she is here now and just did an albuterol treatment and is going to suction her now. Not sure I want to watch that. I'm back...I watched and held her hand through it. She was not happy to be suctioned, but the RT got TONS of thick secretions. C even started coughing a lot, which was good, and the RT was able to suction up what was coughed up. C is still on a bit of O2 through a mask to keep her sats up. The RT will come back around 1:30am to have another go at it. Just gave her evening felbatol..hoping it stays down! With the original surgery, when she had her first dose of that, she started vomiting! Vomit is not my favorite thing to deal with....I know y'all understand that! :) Hope she stabilizes and turns the corner so we don't have to move to the ICU....home is the next place I want to go! Uh oh, more suctioning...gotta go!

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Lisa & Caitlin)))))) ~

I am so very sorry that you're back in the hospital and that Caitlin needed another surgery. I'm glad you are cutting and pasting your FB posts. Why rewrite it? That's what I do with my updates (only not on FB, private email to my friends).

A blood clot is scary, so I'm grateful that the surgeon found and removed it, and so grateful that there is no sign of infection. I can see your concern and exhaustion in your photo. (Who took the photo, by the way?)

I know you want to be home again soon, and I pray that you will be. I would imagine that the doctor(s) will want to keep Caitlin in for a few days to make sure that she is stable to go home. So, it's a good thing that you stocked up on clothes and food.

That's great that the shampoo basin worked well. Handy gadget. And I know that having Caitlin's hair shorter made that a much easier task. And a bed bath always feels good.

Many healing prayers are on their way, focusing on breathing and clean lungs, relief from pain, and mending of the surgical site. A candle is burning for Caitlin and you in Michael's room. Prayers of strength and rest for you, Lisa.

Sending lots of love and hugs, which I would love to deliver in person ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Hi!

I usually put a little more of the medical details when I write here than what I share on fb...don't want to scare my mom & Brian's mom! :)

I took the photo with my ipod. I didn't want to be too obvious taking a selfie with my cell phone in the surgery family waiting room when people were sitting there all worried about their loved ones. I had already talked to the surgeon and was waiting to go back to see Caitlin in recovery so instead of listening to music on my laptop, I just pulled out my ipod from my purse. I pretended to be messing with the settings, quick held my arm out a bit and snapped! LOL! I've been putting pictures with my updates to make them a little more interesting. Plus, since reading an article/discussion about posting pictures of kids online, I stopped putting pictures of Caitlin when she is sick. I read there were problems with people stealing pictures and making fake gofundme pages and stuff like that. Creepy! That was why the ones I did post last week, she was not looking at the camera and I made it more blurry/dreamy-looking using photoshop, or like her bed in the hall, didn't really show her face. Though when we were here in April, I refrained from posting pics of her (I still take pictures, I just don't put them on the internet) and then the social media people from the hospital wanted a pic of her, lol! Oh well! It is hard to be 100% strict. Someone I know said their daughter's friends found pictures of her while sick online and asked about that since they didn't know her when she was having medical problems. It is a hard thing to balance though. That is what I like about posting here, we all understand the medical stuff and I don't have to sugarcoat it. :)

My guess for going home is Friday or Saturday. I will have to reschedule my chiropractor appointment but that is okay. Hope I can get in on Monday since after this many days on the parent pullout, I need an adjustment!

Thank you for the prayers and healing thoughts! It is a miracle there was not infection in that wound so they must be working! It was literally a deep hole in her skin. I am glad I brought her in! I showed the pictures to the nurses and they were like, OMG!

Caitlin is pretty calm now, just got some morphine in her IV. She still has a small rattle and is on about .5L of O2 yet. We tried to turn it off but sats went back down so she is back on it. We watched Doctor Who since they get Disney XD (Disney for teens) here. We don't have that channel at home. They play the older seasons on Disney xd. I didn't think she was watching, but when I had her bed flat, she insisted her head be raised up so she could see the tv! So a little bit of sass is still in her! Not sure what Jon likes for tv, but has he ever watched Doctor Who? We love the show at our house. They are on season 9 now. It is sci-fi but has a lot of humor too...and they have the awesome British accents! This is a fan video for the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUld2qcyNpw

Time to hit the shower & bed....

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Lisa, I'm so sorry they had to re do the closing of the wound. Stitches seem like a better idea than the glue in this situation. I hope you get out of the hospital and Caitlin can get back to healing ASAP. I'v been reading all of your post surgery updates so far and praying even if I do not always respond.

Rose, When Jon said "Michael. Light." in your other post in the other thread it made me cry. Jon is amazing and so are you.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 08-12-2015 at 10:13 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

5. The following user says "thanks"

I've been following your Facebook posts, Lisa. I was so disappointed to hear Caitlin was back in hospital but I'm really glad the blood clot is gone now. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery from here!

It's been a week since I returned from my trip and I'm slowly getting used to working life again, LOL. I had a lot to follow up on when I got back but I'm almost on top of it now. It's been a successful week... mostly, disregarding some stresses in between...

I had a job interview on Tuesday. I don't want to post the details publicly, but I'm very proud to have been shortlisted and would be over the moon if I got the role. The interview was intense though - I had to do a spoken presentation, written exercise, and answer a whole bunch of questions in front of a panel... all via Skype. It was very strange sitting in my room where I am now.... I'm not feeling too confident but we'll see.

Other positive things that happened this week:

- I wrote my first article for The Mighty about something that happened while I was on holiday and they featured it! http://themighty.com/2015/08/when-2-...cessible-area/ I have had so many nice comments from people - colleagues at work, friends, family, strangers! I'm so glad I chose to wrote it instead of complaning to the train company. So much more powerful and good feeling! Last time I checked it had been shared more than 600 times!

- I got an email notifying me that a national law students journal wants to feature my honours dissertation! It was a few months after I submitted it for consideration so I didn't expect it. I got the email on the evening after my interview... murphy's law... so not only will I be published blog author but a published academic writer too. I am so pleased! I have shown it to a few people in the disability space, but to have it in an academic journal is a whole other level!!

TGIF tomorrow (here at least!). Hope you all enjoy your Thursday. :) Mine consisted of, among other things, trying to teach a class of 12/13 year olds about disability rights. I am co-facilitating a programme to teach school aged children about human rights. It's fun, and something a bit different from my day to day work but man... I know why I am not a teacher LOL.
    Enjoying the excitements of life. Looking forward to what's to come! What a ride!

7. The following user says "thanks"

Lisa so sorry that you had to go back but i sounds like it's a good thing you did. I know of some kids who have gotten an infection in an incision and it takes a lot to get rid of that.Glad you caught it! I hope you get to go home tomorrow or Saturday but don't rush... A little Sass is good sometimes LOL. I love the shampoo thing I'm going to look online at some of those options. I may have to trim Kathleen's hair before surgery it's very long and very thick. Praying her lungs clear and she recovers from this quickly.
    CPchick, Sounds like things are going well for you!Lots of positive things. Congratulations!
    Mary Grace

9. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((HUGS TO ALL)))))) ~

Lisa ~

How well I understand the resistance to going back into the hospital, especially when it is so far away from your home. But thank God, you did return, and the surgeon was able to repair her site and stop the bleeding. And I give thanks that she doesn't have an infection. A blessing for sure. I know that you are anxious to get home, but I agree with Mary Grace to not rush. I'm sure that you need an adjustment after sleeping on the parent pull out bed. Any possibilities that there is a chiropractor near the hospital, who might kindly fit in an appointment for you? You could leave for an hour and return after your adjustment. Just a thought, if you end up staying past Saturday. I pray that Caitlin will be well and able to go home sooner rather than later. Praying for clear lungs, great SATS, no bleeding, and relief from pain. And strength for you. Oh, and ask Super Grandma if she would pick up a pulse ox (I think you can get a finger pulse ox at a drug store), so you can keep track of Caitlin's SATS and heart rate at home. Heart rate often gives an indication of pain level, so that's a helpful statistic.

We don't watch Dr. Who, but Jim says that some version of Dr. Who has been around for decades. We used to watch more British shows than we do these days. Jim has a slew of them waiting for him to watch on Netflix. We love Faulty Towers, Absolutely Fabulous, and Only Fools and Horses. But we haven't watched any of them in a long time.

funnylegs4 ~

Thank you for your kind words. I don't know how amazing I am, but Jon is incredible. I cried too, when Jon spoke of Michael and the Light. I was very afraid at that moment that we were going to lose Jon. He always mentions his brother, whenever he is ill. And I'm sure that Michael is watching over Jon all of the time, and that Michael visits Jon every night in his dreams. I know that they are connected here and there, as I've seen so much evidence of that truth during the past 12 years. Jon's eyes as he looked at me ~ I can't describe it. Our connection is so deep that it's difficult to put it into words. I just kept thinking, "It can't be time. I'm not ready." As if I ever will be.

I pray that all is going well with you, and that you are enjoying the success of your films. You know I'm one of your biggest fans!

Erin ~

You are blazing a trail! Great! Prayers and positive energy on the results of your interview. Don't sell yourself short. I'm sure you wowed them. How wonderful to be published! Congratulations! I haven't had a chance to read your article in The Mighty, but I promise I will read it soon.

For a brief time I taught children between the ages of 12 and 15. I call them "hormones with legs." Not an easy audience. But good on you for giving that a go.

Please check in and let us know the result of your interview.

UPDATE ON JON

Another day of slow peeing, no pooping, temperature of 100.4, suctioning, low SATS, elevated heart rate, and constant care and worry.

I called the nursing agency to request a visit from Jon's nurse tomorrow for a UA and blood draw (CBC and CMP) to see if any infection is present, or whether his kidneys or liver are compromised. The coordinator said that Jon's nurse had a packed day tomorrow (as usual ~ they overwork her) and that she would come out Saturday morning. But then Jon's nurse called me, and we had a long chat. She will be here tomorrow at 5 p.m. She has to get to the lab by 6, before it closes, so this will be a fast visit. She is quite worried about Jon, so she is squeezing him in at the end of a very long day of lots of patients needing intense care. We love her so much. She is such a wonderful, loving nurse and part of our family.

It is so unlike Jon to continue on with this kind of issue, so I'm fearing pneumonia and/or UTI, possibly kidney or liver problems. I'm praying that we can manage this at home, but I'm prepared to go to the hospital. Tomorrow, I will start gathering everything we need to go to the hospital, so that we're ready. Today was just another blur of caring for Jon, and no time to think of anything else. But I do need to update our hospital bags anyway.

Tonight, I gave Jon the Spa Treatment, which he enjoyed, while we watched Knebworth (concert DVD to benefit children with special needs). It was a lovely respite from suctioning and cooling baths.

Thank you for your prayers and positive energy. I hope that I can report good news soon.

Sending lots of love to you all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

11. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Hi!

Thank you for the prayers ladies! We're home!

Here is a cut/paste from fb:

Stay 2, Day 4: Going home! Caitlin had a good night last night! She still looks wiped out, but she is eating solid food and enjoying it (not like last week when I had to coax her to eat). They did a dressing change this morning and took her drain out. The incision looked good! It is sewn shut with stitches this time. She has a LOT of irritation from all the tape and they had a specialist come up and take a look at her skin. She gave me some stuff to put on it and they are having me cut the tape on the dressings from 1" to 1/2" so there is less to irritate the skin.

Since there was no longer any reason to be hospitalized, we were discharged this afternoon! Yay! I was glad!! Just in case, she got sent home with a course of antibiotics. I am glad for that too. I don't want any bad bacteria to be growing in her back. It could have been so much worse! They had us keep our original post-op appointment on the 18th in case there is anything that we need looked at next week. If all goes well over the weekend, we can cancel that one and just come on the 25th to have her stitches removed. 0814151140.jpg

As you can see, now that she was better, I had a little free time to play with photo editing while in the hospital room! She even asked to stop at Culver's on the way home...but she was sleeping when we passed the exit for the one we typically go to so I kept going. Uh oh! She woke up around Fond du Lac (1/2 way home) and started talking about Culver's and how she wanted to just eat in the van. Thankfully, there is a Culver's off of the highway in Fond du Lac so I just went to that one and she was happy. We just split a Kids meal since I didn't think she would eat it all. She did eat one of the 2 chicken tenders and some fries though! She slept when I tucked her into her own bed and I was able to sneak off to the chiropractor and just made it as the last appointment of the day! Whew! That worked out also since I had to run to Walgreen's to get her antibiotics on the way home from the chiro. Also some good luck, a storm rolled in on our way home from Milwaukee and I just pulled into my garage as the rain started up! Whew! There was 60-70mph winds! I did have to drive in that to the chiro though but it was mostly over by the time I was done there. I feel good about coming home today, I am not as nervous about the lifting and caretaking of her wound. I am relieved it all went down this week and not next week when there is all the welcome back stuff at the schools!

Rose, wow, I had tears in my eyes when I read about Jon saying "light" and "Michael". (((hugs))) I can't imagine how that made you feel! I am hoping and praying that you have been able to keep Jon at home yet and that he is fighting off what is causing him to decline. Tracy's Megan is in the hospital too right now with some lung issues. Not sure if you still are in contact with her or not. Hopefully things will turn around for the better for all of us!

Lisa O.

PS, this made me feel better when in the hospital:
    0813151744.jpg

13. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((HUGS TO ALL)))))) ~

Lisa ~

How well I understand the resistance to going back into the hospital, especially when it is so far away from your home. But thank God, you did return, and the surgeon was able to repair her site and stop the bleeding. And I give thanks that she doesn't have an infection. A blessing for sure. I know that you are anxious to get home, but I agree with Mary Grace to not rush. I'm sure that you need an adjustment after sleeping on the parent pull out bed. Any possibilities that there is a chiropractor near the hospital, who might kindly fit in an appointment for you? You could leave for an hour and return after your adjustment. Just a thought, if you end up staying past Saturday. I pray that Caitlin will be well and able to go home sooner rather than later. Praying for clear lungs, great SATS, no bleeding, and relief from pain. And strength for you. Oh, and ask Super Grandma if she would pick up a pulse ox (I think you can get a finger pulse ox at a drug store), so you can keep track of Caitlin's SATS and heart rate at home. Heart rate often gives an indication of pain level, so that's a helpful statistic.

We don't watch Dr. Who, but Jim says that some version of Dr. Who has been around for decades. We used to watch more British shows than we do these days. Jim has a slew of them waiting for him to watch on Netflix. We love Faulty Towers, Absolutely Fabulous, and Only Fools and Horses. But we haven't watched any of them in a long time.

funnylegs4 ~

Thank you for your kind words. I don't know how amazing I am, but Jon is incredible. I cried too, when Jon spoke of Michael and the Light. I was very afraid at that moment that we were going to lose Jon. He always mentions his brother, whenever he is ill. And I'm sure that Michael is watching over Jon all of the time, and that Michael visits Jon every night in his dreams. I know that they are connected here and there, as I've seen so much evidence of that truth during the past 12 years. Jon's eyes as he looked at me ~ I can't describe it. Our connection is so deep that it's difficult to put it into words. I just kept thinking, "It can't be time. I'm not ready." As if I ever will be.

I pray that all is going well with you, and that you are enjoying the success of your films. You know I'm one of your biggest fans!

Erin ~

You are blazing a trail! Great! Prayers and positive energy on the results of your interview. Don't sell yourself short. I'm sure you wowed them. How wonderful to be published! Congratulations! I haven't had a chance to read your article in The Mighty, but I promise I will read it soon.

For a brief time I taught children between the ages of 12 and 15. I call them "hormones with legs." Not an easy audience. But good on you for giving that a go.

Please check in and let us know the result of your interview.

UPDATE ON JON

Another day of slow peeing, no pooping, temperature of 100.4, suctioning, low SATS, elevated heart rate, and constant care and worry.

I called the nursing agency to request a visit from Jon's nurse tomorrow for a UA and blood draw (CBC and CMP) to see if any infection is present, or whether his kidneys or liver are compromised. The coordinator said that Jon's nurse had a packed day tomorrow (as usual ~ they overwork her) and that she would come out Saturday morning. But then Jon's nurse called me, and we had a long chat. She will be here tomorrow at 5 p.m. She has to get to the lab by 6, before it closes, so this will be a fast visit. She is quite worried about Jon, so she is squeezing him in at the end of a very long day of lots of patients needing intense care. We love her so much. She is such a wonderful, loving nurse and part of our family.

It is so unlike Jon to continue on with this kind of issue, so I'm fearing pneumonia and/or UTI, possibly kidney or liver problems. I'm praying that we can manage this at home, but I'm prepared to go to the hospital. Tomorrow, I will start gathering everything we need to go to the hospital, so that we're ready. Today was just another blur of caring for Jon, and no time to think of anything else. But I do need to update our hospital bags anyway.

Tonight, I gave Jon the Spa Treatment, which he enjoyed, while we watched Knebworth (concert DVD to benefit children with special needs). It was a lovely respite from suctioning and cooling baths.

Thank you for your prayers and positive energy. I hope that I can report good news soon.

Sending lots of love to you all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    You're very welcome Rose! You have an amazing amount of patience that I wish I had. I am sure Jon has lived a longer and healthier life because of your patience and love in caring for him and Michael. I hope Jon continues to live a happy, healthy life with you. Maybe Jon is scared like you are. I have had people in my family die and I have had friends who could have died had a few circumstances been different, so I know how scary it can be. I send a big comforting hug to you. The spa treatment sounds lovely! Can you give me one? LOL. All is well with me. The humidity here effects my stamina with the CP(it feels like pulling my body along) but my body is doing well otherwise. People are still having a good reaction to my films. In case I haven't mentioned it before, the other day I met a 40 year old married woman with Athetoid CP(she had a severe speech impairment) who liked my film and invited me to a concert that introduces american disability culture to people from other countries that are not familiar with it or have grown up with a different sort of disability culture in their countries and want to share it with americans. Maybe they can show my films at other events... I liked meeting her and seeing her so independent and so in love. I also liked seeing how smitten her able bodied husband was with her. It was heartwarming. Did you see my other posts about my last screening and the press I was getting in the other thread??? I made a blog post on this forum with the same links.

Other positive things that happened this week:

- I wrote my first article for The Mighty about something that happened while I was on holiday and they featured it! http://themighty.com/2015/08/when-2-...cessible-area/ I have had so many nice comments from people - colleagues at work, friends, family, strangers! I'm so glad I chose to wrote it instead of complaning to the train company. So much more powerful and good feeling! Last time I checked it had been shared more than 600 times!

- I got an email notifying me that a national law students journal wants to feature my honours dissertation! It was a few months after I submitted it for consideration so I didn't expect it. I got the email on the evening after my interview... murphy's law... so not only will I be published blog author but a published academic writer too. I am so pleased! I have shown it to a few people in the disability space, but to have it in an academic journal is a whole other level!!

TGIF tomorrow (here at least!). Hope you all enjoy your Thursday. :) Mine consisted of, among other things, trying to teach a class of 12/13 year olds about disability rights. I am co-facilitating a programme to teach school aged children about human rights. It's fun, and something a bit different from my day to day work but man... I know why I am not a teacher LOL.
    CPchick, congrats on the article! I read it and liked it very much! Well done! I think it is good you are teaching pre teens and teens about disability rights. I was just slightly older than that age when I started learning about it. I know how you feel! Kids can be a little hard to work with but it is indeed fun and totally worth it.

Lisa, so glad you and Caitlin are home and that she is making food requests! That's a good sign! Hoping she can just continue to recover at home now.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 08-14-2015 at 07:02 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

15. The following user says "thanks"

Thanks for your nice feedback on the article and your best wishes for the job! I just thought I'd let you all know I'm still in the running for it! They have started checking references so I know I am in with a good chance at least. I should know by Friday. Can't stop thinking about it!
    Enjoying the excitements of life. Looking forward to what's to come! What a ride!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast