Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT August Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT August Chit Chat

Hello,, hows things going,,,, your weather unbearable/doable ?,,We haven't had more then a few days of really hot weather,, timely rains, is making our corn looking good,,, Our garden, yes we have canned, sweet pickles today, got more to do,,

We are giving our garage a facelift,, replaceing the steel in the front,,red steel,, I tried to talk him into red and white stripes,, but got voted out,,geeesh,,:-{,,lol also restaining our wrap around deck,, busy busy,,

Our youngest son, is a IT tech for computers at the hospital,,he gave up Air Force, and came back home,,he loves what he does, and is good at it,,he works on ours when needed be,,

well that's it from the tar paper shack on a dirt road,,

later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

August all ready?

Well we have another round of triple digits again. I am thinking about staying up all night and sleeping all day. Weather folks are saying that we are in for an El Nino winter of epic proportions it will make the flood of 1862 seems small. The last bad one was 1997 and we ran out of places to pile snow. We had 15' high piles in the Walmart parking lot. We need moisture out here in the wild west but not Biblical proportions.

I have a dentist appt in the morning to get fitted for some new store bought teeth. This time I went to a denturist, first thing she said after looking at my teeth was they have seen problems with teeth made in Mexico. I didn't GO to Mexico I used a dentist here in town. She said Oh and changed the subject.

Had a Dr appt yesterday and he increased my BP meds again it is down to 178/98, good for me but he wants it back down under 160/90. I really hate this as until everything balances out I fall asleep every 10 min and I doze in the in between times.

Tomatoes are just about ready and we are getting cukes and squash now along with peppers hot and mild. I am thinking I can rob a few red potatoes for dinner. We have some homemade Corned beef in the fridge. I made way too much corned beef and had to resort to using my daughters deep freeze too.

I am sitting on the back porch and can see one of the cats trotting up to the house from the milk barn with something big in her mouth. She has her tail straight up and is meowing all the way up here.

Stay cool folks fall will be here before you know it!

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, a red barn sounds bright and cheerful.

Glad your son is closer to home now too.

My son is about to move, maybe in a month or two. They might end up being 20 minutes away instead of 10--so not so very far. With 5 cats and a dog and two at-home offices, they really need more space.

Too bad about the weather lately. It's been around 104' for the last two days. Today we might be luckier because it's dropping down to 99'.

Busy here with housing recertification paperwork but I'm going into the last phase of it. It started in June and goes on till the end of September but the worst will be over soon.

Good news today--Social Security paid early! They usually pay on the 3rd unless the 3rd is on a weekend or holiday, and then they pay early. This time the 3rd is on a Monday that isn't a holiday, and still they paid early. So today I'm feeling rich!

Hope everyone is staying cool.
    Last edited by agate; 08-01-2015 at 07:00 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Peg and Gary still talking about all that fresh produce, torturing us city folks who have to pay a fortune to have any. And poor Joan too, suffering because we don't have farms.

Joan, I say we start a cat farm, and just develop a taste for mice. I'll bet they're not bad if cooked right. We'll show those farm folks!

I went out at 9:00am and mowed yesterday. Then Monday we get paid. Can I get a Amen? It was a tight month for me, but I made it.
    "Take that bank, with your overdraft fee!"

Everyone have a great day, and a great new month!

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Don't be silly, Howie, cats don't cook their mice. You'll be removing the hair before swallowing them whole I assume.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

I....I...I think I'm gonna hurl......

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Cool

So no Wayne's World fans, eh? Too bad.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a chocolate mouse that was tasty. Maybe it was a chocolate mousse. I get them mixed up!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cool

They probably both taste good!

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Cool

I think I'm getting the hang of this computer. My new avatar is MY pink car!!!

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast