Thread: Here I go again

New Community Member

Default Here I go again

Hi, it's been a while since I was on here last, to be honest I thought after my last surgery I could put all of this behind me, unfortunately my colloid cyst has grown back and is now larger than it was 5 years ago when they removed most of it via a crainiotomy. I'm booked in for another crainiotomy on 31 August. I'm more scared than I was last time, largely because my life is so different this time around, I'm now married and have a 2 year old daughter. I'm also aware now of what I'm in for. I'm really angry to be going through this again, but on the positive side I guess it's better to be able to do something about it rather than never knowing it was there in the first place. My cyst was found by accident in 2006. I was asymptomatic prior to the last surgery, this time I'm experiencing some headaches, nausea and vertigo, which I've been advised by my surgeon could be attributed to the cyst, which is at 12.9 mm currently. Also I'm very stressed this time around as my husband is currently out of work and my wage is paying the bills, so there is added financial pressure that I didn't have previously. Luckily I have a supportive husband and family and a beautiful little girl who I love so much that they make it worth getting out of bed everyday to face this. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Please forgive the intrusion. I'm very new to this site and I nave a question regarding my recent crainiotomy but I don't know where to start. Could someone please point me in the correct direction. My thanks. Seldon

Distinguished Community Member

" unfortunately my colloid cyst has grown back and is now larger than it was 5 years ago "

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis(again) .

Going through it once is bad enough but twice..... That would be my worst nightmare.

But at least you have this forum and your previous experience if that is any consolation....

Hi Seldon.

Welcome to this site,I hope you are recovering from your recent craniotomy.

When you join a new forum it's difficult at first to know where/how to post...

Just sign in and click on "new thread" at the top of the page and post you questions there and somebody will answer in due course, there are some really good people on this forum who will help or if they can't they will at least try to point you in the right direction.

Bill
    Last edited by Bill[uk]; 04-22-2016 at 03:32 AM.
    Colloid cyst removed from 3rd ventricle endoscopically oct 07 shunt inserted late oct 07.