Thread: Help!! My Katie Beckett renewal is late!

Default Help!! My Katie Beckett renewal is late!

I live in Georgia and am currently covered under the Katie Beckett deeming waiver. I thought that I had until the 20th to turn it in, but realized it was actually the 13th. Help! I have called them but have not received an answer back. Does anybody know if I will immediately be terminated? Has anybody ever turn there's in late?

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi,

Were you supposed to mail it in? I've never sent ours in late so I can't say for sure. Every other year or so, we get a home visit and then we keep the papers and just give them to the home visit lady. We had a home visit this year so I can't remember if it had a specific date to get them in by. I live in Wisconsin. If I remember right, for years without a home visit, I usually tried to send it in by the 1st of the month that it was up in (which is June for us). I know that they do continue to cover until they determine if you are still eligible or not (at least in WI) so I would be hopeful that they don't just drop you immediately....a week isn't too bad (to me!). Hope you are able to get a hold of someone at the office....

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Missyann)))))) ~

Welcome to BrainTalk and the Child Neurology (CN) Forum! We're glad that you found us, and we hope you'll join in our conversations, and tell us more about you, your children, and your family.

I don't live in Georgia, and I'm not familiar with the Katie Beckett program, but I Googled and found this website:

https://dch.georgia.gov/tefrakatie-beckett

It's possible that the program might have a grace period for filing. It's only 2 days past the deadline now, so be sure to send it in, certified mail. If you've been enrolled in the program for a few years, you might be able to persuade reinstatement, if it is terminated by your late submittal.

Take a deep breath. Don't beat yourself up over this. You're human, and no one is perfect, no matter how hard we strive to be perfect. Every mom here can share tons of stories about: "oops!" "I forgot!" "I messed up the meds!" and so on. I have 45 years worth of those stories!

We have more on our plates than the average parent, and a mountain of things to remember and do. We are bound to slip up now and then. It doesn't mean that we're bad parents, or that we're incompetent, or anything other than that we're doing our best, and we're overwhelmed and tired.

So, just be kind to yourself. You'll work this out. Use the internet to explore all of your options and let that guide you. And, we're good listeners, so feel free to vent about the process and bureaucracy.

Please let us know how it resolves.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

4. The following user says "thanks"