Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat,

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cat, my sister raises Black Angus cattle, and bothers to give each a name.
    Roswell was a gift.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

whats with the sudden unslaught of rabbits,, we have a half a mile lane, and we counted 12 rabbits in our lane,, Bugs and his buddies, they love our Garden,,hahaha !

tonight we start the 4th of July thingie,, family picnic,, and fireworks after,.,

tree people taking down trees in front yards,,we had a 100 yr old tree huge,, had it taken down, or it going to fall on our sons house,,nice tree..

later then,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cat, I had been thinking and wondering about Tom, but never inquired. There was a Waterloo re-enactment in Europe a couple weeks back which reminded me of Tom's participation in Civil War re-enactments. I suppose he hasn't been up to participating for some time now?

I've never eaten rabbit, but it sounds like a good idea. They are abundant in my yard in Wisconsin as well. We also have a lot of squirrels.

BTW I have way more than 10 lbs I need to lose. :(

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Parsi, it sounds like you need to borrow Sam for a few days. She would thin out the rabbit, squirrel, population!
    Roswell was a gift.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Dancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I was very young, we had bunnies for pets. And every couple of weeks or so we'd have rabbit for dinner. I was probably around 8 years old before I realized that my bunnies grew up to appear on the dinner table.
    Cat, I had the same experience, but with goats. I grew suspicious when one of our "pets" would disappear, and some "different" meat would appear on our dinner table that the parents claimed was deer.

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Gary, you were talking before about your IVSM taper. These days, they've discovered the oral tabs after the IV aren't necessary to kick the adrenals back into functioning, so they don't ordinarily do it. You're special though.

I read a recent study that showed oral prednisone works as well as an IV for its impact on MS. They may need to do a much larger study for me to feel confident in that though. Here's the study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26135706

Speaking of coconut macaroons, I was at a memorial recently, and someone brought some sooooo good squares. I asked what they were, and here's the recipe. Apparently you can break up skors bars for the toffee component. Best thing I've had in a long time, had to share:

http://www.marthastewart.com/316680/...colate-squares

Happy 4th, everyone! Stay cool & safe and have fun!

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) As a child my brother Richard and I had a pet chicken. (We were the two oldest of 8.) We named her Betsy but she turned out to be a rooster. She would come and jump up onto your arm and let you pet her. One Sunday while we were at Church my Father cooked Betsy and served us fried chicken when we got home.

Someone said the meat was tough and my Father said it was because we let her run around so much. Richard and I jumped up and went out to the coop and there was no Betsy, so we stood in the back yard sticking our fingers down our throats trying to throw up.

My Father hated us going to the Catholic church and when he drank he raved on and on about it. My parakeet even learned to say Damn Catholics. The priest came one day and my Father let the bird out of its's cage and he landed on Father Reilly's shoulder and of course he said Damn Catholics. Father Reilly laughed and said he knew I did not teach him that. My Father did not expect that reaction.

Stay cool everyone. Jeanie :)

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Jeanie - haha

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Parsi, TC is doing well. On Wednesday he spent 3 hours as an outpatient getting an iv of copper. He has a copper deficiency, very rare. We won't know for a month if this makes a difference or not, but he feels okay. The re-enactment he does are pre civil war, 1700's fur traders. .I had a girlfriend come stay with.me so he could go in May, and she's coming again later this month so he can go again

And rabbits: we've lived in this house for 18 years now, and until this year have seen very few rabbits. But this year they're EVERYWHERE. got into our snow peas, decimated my neighbors strawberries, munching on lettuce.... looking for that rabbit stew recipe...
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Another hot day here too. It's 90 right now and has been at least that hot all week. Everything is so dry here, it makes me nervous
    Happy belated anniversary to Gary and wife. Today is our 44th anniversary . . . and Mexican food sounds like a good way to celebrate!

We have no little cottontails, but lots of big, leggy jackrabbits and too many ground squirrels. Cat has caught a ground squirrel and brought it into the house twice now. Both times they were still alive!

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast