Thread: Update on Craig M (Undiagnosed)

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Default Update on Craig M (Undiagnosed)

Many of you remember Craig who had MS since 2001 and then in 2006 was undiagnosed and told he had progressive supranuclear palsey. I checked in on him today and he was diagnosed recently with an inoperable brain tumor. He gave me permission to update you and let you know that prayers are greatly appreciated. He is also losing his eyesight and just turned 60. He has asked that we also keep Joyce (his wife) in our thoughts an prayers as she works full time then comes home to care for him. He also said her job seems to be getting ready to close this office and she is hoping they can hold off for another couple of years for insurance purposes. For those who remember him and wish to contact, he said email is the best way as his speech has become difficult to understand. PM me if you need contact information to send a card or email

2. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Craig has been in mjy prayers for a long time. I will continue to pray for both of them. Jeanie :)

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Aw gees, I remember him. He is a really nice guy.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have only vague memories of him but I do recall he's had a blog:

http://www.aboutcraigmattice.com/

Such sad news.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

7. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

A few years back, he completed a very good book entitled "Evaluate, Adapt, and Overcome: Accept no limits in Life." You can get it on Amazon. He talks about his early years in special forces and police then the diagnosis of MS and continuing to progress on meds and being undiagnosed and then diagnosed with a progressive neuromuscular disease for which there is no cure. The book is an inspiring and easy read and is printed in large font and well spaced. I recommend if you have not read it that you get a copy.

9. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I remember Craig very well. I do have his book. I got it from Amazon shortly after he wrote it. He has really just been hanging in there by his finger tips for a long time. I am sorry to hear of the latest development. I hope he is able to continue on and I also hope that his wife's job will last as long as they need it.
    Virginia

11. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Thank you for the update, Cherie. I remember Craig from different places. He was diagnosed with MS, named MSCraig, then undiagnosed and named HSPCraig (Heredity Spastic Paraplegia). Then he became NeuroNixedCraig. The man has so many health issues; I'm sorry to see this new one piled on. I wish him and his wife Peace.

I don't think outside the box. I don't think inside the box. I don't even know where the box is.

Never odd or even, it's all the same coming and going.

13. The following 3 users say "thanks"