Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you give your children for the chronic constipation?

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Tamie)))))) ~

Cipro is fairly broad spectrum, so it may be that Tyler is resistant to it after all of the antibiotics he has taken over the past several years. Unfortunately, Tyler may need to have an IV antibiotic.

I completely understand the challenge of the IV antibiotic, having been through that many times with my boys. But when nothing else works, it is usually the only course to take.

I just wish that the doctors could identify the core reason for these recurring infections. Stop it where it starts. So Tyler doesn't need antibiotics.

Prayers for all of you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member

Finally heard from the Urologist. Tyler has a mild infection, but one that will only respond to IV antibiotics or a midline series of infusions, which they will not do on him. Wonderful. We are trying to reach the doctor to see if it even needs to be treated if it is so mild. Hoping for good news cause we are going to the cabin on Wednesday and really don't want him sick while we are there.
    grandmother of Tyler (22): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Tamie)))))) ~

That's a tough call, to treat or not treat. You might ask Tyler's doc what the odds are that this mild infection could go South without treatment and turn into a septic infection. That could be a concern.

Is there a reliable hospital near to the cabin, in case you have an emergency?

I hope that you get a response, and that you're all able to enjoy a getaway to the cabin. It is a holiday week, so doctors can be scarce.

Prayers continuing ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member

Gosh I'm so sorry to hear about all the issues Tyler is having. So much to deal with for so long. Kathleen has had bladder,kidney and intestinal issues for a long time. It took a long time to get to the bottom of it all. Some tests she had done were very helpful. But I had to ask for these to be done. Sometimes Dr.'s don't realize how bad it all is for our kids. They used to just say well "it's expected since she had strokes".... But that doesn't make it ok or something she needed to live with. She wasn't going to live on Miralax and Dulcolax forever or pain and accidents from a bladder that just couldn't work poperly... Has Tyler had a urodynamic study and intestinal motility testing? Sometimes it's just finding the right Dr. who will go the extra mile. For us it was her GI Dr. He saw how it was all affecting her quality of life.
    Mary Grace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12