Looking for others with unruptured aneurysm on opthalmic artery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for others with unruptured aneurysm on opthalmic artery

I've been diagnosed with two mirror aneurysms with sacs in opthalmic artery.
    Have been given advise for clipping or flow diverter.
    I'm looking for others who have or have had treated such aneurysm.
    Thanks to get In touch!

Originally posted by Swisscathy View Post
    two mirror aneurysms with sacs in opthalmic artery.
    clipping or flow diverter.
    I can understand your concerns. Mine (unruptured) is behind my left eye, Supraclinoid carotid artery (or post communication?), size 6x7mm, outpouch, no neck.

I, too, am deciding whether to flow divert or clipping. (changed my insurance because of searching for the best doctors!)

Have you decided which to go for?
    What are the sizes of yours, may I ask?

Comment

Hi Swisscathy, and

Welcome to willbefine as well!

I can't speak from personal experience but just wanted to welcome you and willbefine, and mention that some years ago I had a neighbor who was also a good friend who had an aneurysm behind one eye. I'm sorry I don't recall what type of aneurysm it was but her doctors told her to let it sit there and not to worry about it.

So she did that for years. When she died the aneurysm had nothing to do with her death.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hi Cathy;May of 2016 I had an MRI/MRA and it was discovered I had 4 brain aneurysms: a 6.5 mm right ophthalmic artery with neck under 3mm, a 2.6 mm at the origin of the right posterior communicating artery, a 5.7 mm one of the left supraclinoid internal carotid artery with neck 4mm, and a 3mm right MCA trifurcation one. I was told to get them fixed ASAP. In June I had the right side fixed and in July the left side fixed. Went to NY Presbyterian Weill Cornell Hospital. My doctor used pipeline stents to fixed all of them. I have 5 in my head. They went through the groin and I had an overnight stay for each procedure. The dr and hospital staff were wonderful. I was very tired when I came home and for a few days. I'm mostly back to my old self except for some imbalance issues. I had an angiogram in Jan. 2017 and all looked well. Just trying to figure out the imbalance stuff but otherwise good. I'm hoping all will go went well with you.

Comment

MiMi109,
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Wow! You have the most number of aneurysms that I know of! How did you do it?

Are there side effects of the medicines? The imbalance issues are probably the side effects as well?
            Who's your treating doctor? (may I ask)
            Thanks for sharing with us the details.

Comment

Have an unruptured 8mm + aneurysm on the left supraclinoid artery, right at the opthamalic artery branch. They opted for coiling because of where it was. They said risk of blindness was high with clipping. Surgery was 11/13/17. I have had a spasm type headache since, and a strange warm feeling behind my eye. The spasms are ridiculous. Drs didn't tell me at all about any headaches, but now saying as long as I don't have any visual disturbances to just take ibuprofen. I have found plenty of others who have post op headaches. I wish more information would have been given up front.

Comment

Working...
              X