Thread: 2nd Annie-versary of (the getting of) My Brain Bling. :)

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Default 2nd Annie-versary of (the getting of) My Brain Bling. :)

Hi everyone,

I thought I would share something I wrote earlier today on my Facebook page with anyone who may still come on here...

I hope everyone is well! :)

The Adventures Of A Dude Mooshing His Hands Around In My Brain...

2 years....today is my second Annie-versary... the day I got my brain bling, or my re-birthday as I called it last year. As I sat and watched a beautiful, magical sunrise this morning, I reflected on just how amazingly precious life is. We are so incredibly privileged just to wake up every day...to experience the full gamut of emotions...love, joy, pain, fear...they are all beautiful...to feel is be alive. Never take that for granted...ever.
    As time marches on, as it inevitably does, I find I am looking back less on the experience of that time of my surgery, and instead remaining present in the moment, celebrating each individual experience, no matter how seemingly small and insignificant, and recognising the beauty and the blessings that they are and the lessons that they bring. I am moving forward in life, continuing to create my own life path, living, experiencing and celebrating fully my own unique journey, as we all should do. Life is way too short to do anything less than to be our own beautiful authentic selves....
    My brain is slowly healing...there are still dark moments and continuing challenges that I face...but these are blessings and lovely reminders of just where I have come from, and the steps I have already taken on this healing path. My heart and soul are nourished and nurtured... what my body does is really inconsequential in the face of that.
    Thankyou again for all the love and support I continue to receive from so many incredible souls, both near and far.
    Life is for living...it is a blessing that should never be squandered, abused or taken for granted. Live life fully, passionately, wholeheartedly... celebrate who you are and love yourself deeply and completely... grabbing with both hands each and every new experience you encounter. Truly embrace all aspects of your life. We really do only have this moment in time...
    Peace, love and light.
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey nat !

what a beautiful expression of your philosophy on life.

i happen to also believe that today is the only day we have and it's a wonderful day because we are alive to enjoy all that life throws at us !

i hope your remaining problems aren't severe or they will get better with time. keep on enjoying life...with your positive attitude there is no question life will be a joyous celebration!

congratulations on your 2nd annie-versary

thank you for sharing,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

3. The following user says "thanks"

Congrads Nat on your 2nd annie-versary.Sorry you had to go thru,with all that you have had to endure,but am glad your doing well.Your so right,as always,life is short and you have to live it to its fullest. Have been wondering how you are doing, you know i am not a facebook junkie,(LOL).Just had my 7th annie-versary.cannot believe it has been that long.But THANKS to you and others on BT,i have made it this far.

Stay Strong
    Wishing you only the best
    Jimmy C

5. The following user says "thanks"

Thanks Jeannie! It's lovely to see you share a similar outlook...I think most of us who have been through significant things that change us and our lives in some way have that positive, philosophical outlook. Facing and conquering that darkness makes us light beings with deep compassion for those around us. love and peace to you. xx

Hi Jimmy!!!! My beautiful BT buddy!!! Seriously, get on Facebook!! Sheesh!! hahahahaha.
    You are often in my thoughts too, hoping that you are doing well and are happy in life...
    And OMG...your 7 Annie-versary!! Wow, that is incredible!! We have been walking this path for quite some time now haven't we!!!

Sending all the love in the universe to you my friend :) xx

Happy 2nd annie-versary Nat! As always, you're outlook and perspective is wonderfully comforting and you're in inspiration. I am starting to embrace my brain bling a bit more, but still have my days of "poor me", as I'm sure we all do. I need to take your advice and challenge myself to live each day a little fuller. Life is too short to be miserable and not enjoy the sunsets and count your blessings.

Thank you for that reminder. Continued good health and living to you!
    Love & peace
    Heidi
    Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog