Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy Mother's Day!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Lisa)))))) ~

I just realized after re-reading this thread, that I had not responded to your post. I've been quite preoccupied with Jim since my last posting. Things didn't go well at the doctor appointment. Jim had a pneumonia shot. Things went South thereafter.

How is Caitlin? I hope that she's feeling better and over her sinus infection, and that your entire family is well.

Wow, Fat Bastard really is a slime bag! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all of this, when now it should be past history with the future before you. Have you called the court house and written that letter? Stop him in his tracks. Ick!

You are a modern family, for sure, talking about the va-jay-jay at the dinner table! I think it's hilarious that we have so many euphemisms for our genitals, and none for other body parts.

Did you find out any more about diapering Caitlin after surgery?

Hope all is well in Wisconsin ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

(((Rose)))

Sorry to hear Jim is not getting better....did he have a reaction to the shot? :(

I took Caitlin in to the doctor on Tuesday last week since she fell asleep at her morning PT session and that is not like her at all! She did look not so great either. I was lucky to get her in that same morning with our regular pediatrician. Her ears and throat were fine, but her nose showed allergies. The doctor says the sinuses look bluish when there are allergies and red when it is sinus infection. So we ended up with a prescription for Flonase and also were told to give Caitlin zyrtec at bedtime. It has almost been a week now and she is improving! Since I was also feeling the same way (congested still), I bought myself a Flonase too since it is sold over the counter now also. I started the same night as Caitlin and I had a 100% improvement in the way I felt and the way I slept (it is taken at bedtime). I also put the vaporizer in Caitlin's bedroom too since I was feeling so much better and that helps a lot too. I am glad since she only has 6.5 days left of school.

I called the courthouse and yes, it is still unpaid. I did write up a letter to him and had my mother-in-law look it over. She used to work at a law firm as a secretary and also was the village clerk where they live so she is used to writing up professional sounding letters. She said it sounded great. I just need to print it out and send it (with the check) but I am going to take my sweet time at that! Once I send it in, I plan to leave reviews on all the online websites where people can leave reviews about lawyers. Hopefully it will help someone else! I look forward to putting it all behind me though I do see his commercial on the tv every so often. I need to keep the boys' nerf gun handy so I could shoot darts at his face on the tv, lol! BTW, I have a cousin that had used him for a lawyer once and had the same bad experience, it really wasn't just us! I wish I had called her before we hired anyone to get opinions, but I didn't think of that at the time. It wasn't a cousin I was that close to and I didn't want to call up and start talking about DUI's! Live and learn.

I haven't had a chance to find about surgery processes yet. We have a ton of appointments scheduled for mid-July which is when I will be able to ask all my questions right to the surgeon. I did cut Caitlin's hair today in preparation for it though. Whenever I take her somewhere, they never cut it as short as I would like, so I did it myself today! To get it to ear length, one has to shave around the neck which they always seem nervous about doing to her at salons, but that doesn't bother me at all with cutting 3 boys & Brian's hair regularly! I gave her a nice short bob that angles towards the front. I think that will be easy to care for the summer too and also after the surgery. I plan to do little braids around the front for the surgery (they recommended braiding hair for it) so that the oil won't show. She has super oily hair like me. I won't be able to wash it for 2 weeks after they said. Brian is helping her play the wii in this picture of the new hair cut:

015.jpg

(((Erin)))

Sorry to hear about your Mum! Hope she is doing well in rehab. Also congrats again on your graduation and new job!! I would have loved to have a nice intelligent lawyer like you! There is no way anyone could match the lawyer we had for being a jerky scumbag. I still can not believe that we kept going back to him time and time again. I can't even recall a single time where he acted professionally.

(((Donna)))

Hope Nick is doing better and that his chest infection has cleared up. Those just seem to linger so long when the patient can't move a lot.

Hope everyone else is doing well and that everyone had a peaceful & happy Memorial Day! I usually take the kids to the parade, but it was rainy all morning so we stayed home. We did fun things on the other days though so I didn't feel too bad about being cooped up. I took Caitlin to see Pitch Perfect 2 with my Mom & Aunt on Sunday and she LOVED it! All the singing really kept her attention...so much that she didn't even eat any of her popcorn!

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123