Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not sure if I have found any of the old timers here but.....

Evertytime I duck back here, it is a gamble if I will remember my password. So far, so good.

Nothing really new. Still dealing with depression, chronic pain and all those all beasts, which I know that a lot of you deal with on a more personal level than I. I try to remember that and push it all aside. Wallowing in that, while easy, does not do me any good.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes not.

Again, thinking back to the old days with maybe a dozen or so posters, we all knew each other and could kid each other with no issues. If I said something to "squiggly deb" she would push right back at me. It was a bit fun.

Then the big shift to the new fancy forums and a 500 percent increase in members and posts and then -- the crash. Seems strange that a community can reach such a peak and then crash and burn. I think it just got too big and people were unable to trust or believe half of what was posted and had no real handle on who was who.

There was also a lot of "noise" that drowned out some of the real posts seeking help. I pushed hard for a "off-topic subsection," and that eventually came about, but I think too late.

Also, forum outages became more and more frequent and long-lasting. Oldtimers left (for good reason) and many of the posts remaining were hateful, a fair percentage were whiney and some were well, rambles -- like most of mine.

What can I say. I pretty much use these infrequent posts now as a bit of therapy -- talking to myself if you will.

Rose is a treasure here and hope you all appreciate her!

Anyway, I am doing as well as can be expected. Still <mostly> sober. Still <mostly> lonely except for my extra-special black lab dog. If I did not have her, I know I would not take the daily 3-5 mile walks she demands.

I suppose I could find a new relationship -- a few folks at work have tried to set me up -- but -- not in the mood to tolerate those games anymore.

My best,
    dave
    Last edited by HellBoundTroll; 03-26-2018 at 12:12 PM.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool

((((((Dave)))))) ~

It's always great to see you here, Dave. I'm glad that you stop by occasionally. Since you find posting therapeutic, perhaps you should post more often!

Aww ... thank you for the compliment, Dave. I'm just returning the gift of love and support that I've found at BrainTalk for the past 18 years.

What caused the downfall of BrainTalk was the abandonment of it by its creator, John Lester. We haven't had a crash for many years, since our new administrators took over.

And, of course, social media came on the scene, and lots of folks chose that path.

I'm happy that you are feeling as "well as can be expected." And so glad that you have your sweet dog as a companion and motivator to get out to walk!

When you least expect it, someone really special comes into your life. It happened to me. My husband was my son's school bus driver and literally drove right up to our door. You never know what is around the corner. Don't avoid the corners, Dave. Love might be waiting there.

Be well and stay strong. And stop by more often!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Community Member

Hey All,
    I was here in a looong time ago. Since then I've had two discectomies each, cervical and lumbar plus I just had cervical disc replacement c-5/6 in Feb. Best thing ever. Most of my left sided pain is gone and I can turn my head to the left again. Now if the fibromyalgia will mellow out I'll be good to go. Cannabis has been a life saver since they took my meds away. I'm hoping to use Cannabis only so no one can take it away. Nice to see some "oldies but goodies" especially Alex
    If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
    DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years
    4-12-09 Trip to Laser Spine in Florida. Nerve pain 90% gone.
    Off opiate, using Marijuana tincture, working well.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Ekk.

Nearly got banned. I was on my fourth password attempt.

A glutton for punishment. I now have a wild black lab dog and two wild golden "deceiver" puppies.

The energy level here is high. The pull on me to stay straight and narrow is higher with the pups. Good thing they are so cute. Otherwise, no one would tolerate their antics.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Lil E)))))) ~

Sorry I missed your post in May! Great news that you have had improvement after your cervical disc replacement. Hope your fibromyalgia is under control. Are you now relying solely on cannabis? It is wonderful medication. Are you taking CBD and THC? Please stop by again with an update!

((((((Dave)))))) ~

Golden Retriever Puppies!!! Yay! They are so adorable!! I'm happy for you that you have them, and they have you!

I write down all of my passwords and keep them in a folder. I highly recommend it!

Be well and take good care of yourself and those puppies!

Come back soon and tell us how it's going.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

pups.jpg

The only time they behave.....

11. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Dave)))))) ~

Thank you for posting photos of your puppies! They are so adorable! I just want to scoop them up and love them! Please give them an extra tummy rub from me!

Hope that you are well.

Love & Light,

Rose

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lovable pups!

About passwords--LastPass is a good password manager. It will remember your passwords for you. I used it for a while years ago, then let Google Chrome do the password remembering for me. Recently I've been hearing that LastPass is safer than Google Chrome, and so I went back to LastPass, which is still working well--in fact, better than it was some years ago.

P.S. It's free and is highly recommended in Consumer Reports.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Community Member

Hi Earth Mother! The cervical is still improving but the fibro is a bear. The weather changes really get me. I had to stop Cannabis and go back to opiate due to some other issues and now I'm getting my thumb joint reconstructed due to arthritis. I hope to go back to it or get federal legalization and use them together, it works very well that way. I'll be around now and then, nice to hear from you.
    Last edited by Lil E; 09-28-2018 at 08:54 PM.
    If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
    DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years
    4-12-09 Trip to Laser Spine in Florida. Nerve pain 90% gone.
    Off opiate, using Marijuana tincture, working well.

The golden decievers are now some 60 pounds each and still a handful.

Their antics are pretty crazy. They just went in for their "surgeries" so we do not have any "special needs" puppies. So, still on the 3-5 mile a day walk plan with them -- still no female in my life, but as I was telling my bachelor neighbor farmer, I think I am starting to like it that way. Sure, some of these upcoming winter nights might be a bit lonely, but the drama is gone.
    dave

16. The following user says "thanks"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123