Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure if I have found any of the old timers here but.....

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Dave)))))) ~

It's good to see you here again! Great news that you are feeling better and are back on track in your life.

Your post here is the 10th post in this thread, which demonstrates that former members have returned to check in during the past 5 months. While it may not be jumping with hundreds of posts as in days of yore, it's still here to welcome you and other members, whenever you feel like dropping by.

So, this forum isn't DOA. Maybe it would become more active if you and others visited more often and aren't discouraged that there aren't hundreds of members posting. Any contact is better than no contact. And the more you all visit and connect, the more active the forum will be.

Healing energy for you and all Spinal Forum members on the way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seconding what Rose said!

Yes, a board will probably die if nobody ever posts on it. One way to revive it would be to pitch in and help it along with a post or several.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Gosh, Rose.

Can't really argue, but can point at the posts. Anyway, I am actually on a slippery slope at the moment. A VERY VERY close friend just died.

I cannot repeat how close.

I am actually sipping at a bottle right now. I have only had three sips. I am hoping that is all -- that is next to nothing. Time will tell...

Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile.

Only thing that has kept me somewhat together is Eric Clapton, not sure about it either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSbqm7ZK_9s

Love <most> of you!
    dave
    Last edited by HellBoundTroll; 10-24-2017 at 03:34 PM.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Dave)))))) ~

I'm so very sorry that you've lost your dear friend. Grief is one of the slipperiest slopes anyone can traverse in life. The key is to find the healthiest tools to keep us on the right path to healing our broken heart.

One thing that has helped me is thinking about what my loved one would want for me, which is what I would want for my loved one, if our roles were reversed. When I'm no longer present on Earth, I don't want my loved ones to grieve into an abyss of sorrow. I don't want them to become severely depressed. I don't want them to neglect their own health and well being.

I want my loved ones to remember me with the love we shared and the memories we created together. All of the times we laughed and cried together. Hugged each other, listened to and understood each other. I want them to take care of themselves, to love themselves as I love them, to find comfort in the company of others and in nature, to find joy in the smallest miracles. To live the best life they can until we're reunited in eternity.

Our bodies perish, but our spirits soar and live on. This isn't just what I believe. It's what I've experienced.

Talk to your friend, just like your friend is right beside you. I feel quite confident that your friend is there. Open your heart and try it.

Feel free to open up here ~ that's the purpose of BT. You're not alone.

Sending you healing energy and prayers for peace and comfort ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Rose:

Your note is sheer poetry and wisdom all woven together in a beautiful tapestry.

I sincerely appreciate the substantial time and effort you put forth to write to me -- a person you do not even know.

Your words are a fantastic help.

When I heard about the death, I wanted somehow to make it not so, as though somehow maybe I could have said or done the one thing that would have turned him onto a different, brighter path. Tell him what a beautiful gift he had, had always had.

But that was not to be. I still feel as if all the air has "whoosed" out of the world, leaving me gasping. That is a very distressing feeling, but you have helped make it bearable.

Again, my heartfelt thank you.
    dave

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Dave)))))) ~

I'm so glad that my words comforted you. I have too much experience with profound grief, and I know how debilitating it can be. We have to strive for balance between feeling our grief and finding our coping tools. The worst thing we can do is stuff down our feelings, hold back our tears, and pretend that we're okay.

Because we're not okay, especially when our grief is fresh and raw. We need time to work through our grief, to identify ways to heal and to find peace with our grief.

Your initial reaction is so common in grieving. "If only I'd done this, said that, been there ..." Those recriminations and guilt will not bring back our loved one, and our loved one wouldn't want us to blame ourselves. Again, if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't want my loved ones to blame themselves.

So, we need to work on letting that go, in order to move forward. You're right, "it was not to be."

Be gentle with yourself, and give yourself time to recover from the shock of losing your dear friend.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Dave.

Love & Light,

Rose

12. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HellBoundTroll View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rose:

Your note is sheer poetry and wisdom all woven together in a beautiful tapestry.

I sincerely appreciate the substantial time and effort you put forth to write to me -- a person you do not even know.

Your words are a fantastic help.

When I heard about the death, I wanted somehow to make it not so, as though somehow maybe I could have said or done the one thing that would have turned him onto a different, brighter path. Tell him what a beautiful gift he had, had always had.

But that was not to be. I still feel as if all the air has "whoosed" out of the world, leaving me gasping. That is a very distressing feeling, but you have helped make it bearable.

Again, my heartfelt thank you.
    dave
    I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is when you want to be able to change how things turned out but I can tell you these feelings become less intense as time goes on.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12