Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT May Chit Chat

Howdy Doody,,

We ended April here in Iowa with a neighbor's house on fire,,right next door to us,,well our cornfield is,, and to think the field got planted 2 hours before the tanker trucks, and 3 firetrucks , crossed the field, so basically, the crop, has to be replanted,, the trailor house is gone, and its a big mess,,we offered to let Jim stay,,{he is alone} but he said thanks , but staying with his sister,..

Weather, is awesome,, we got the garden in,, dogs clipped,, horses shoed, and getting ready to pour cement, in our barn at the other farm,, Joe has been mushroom hunting, but nadda,,

so behave now,,ciao..
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Howdie Mizz Kitty!!!

Today worked out to be payday for us poor folks, and since I woke up early, I went to the bank and the store. I need to get the car inspected, but will wait until Monday. I've been going late each year, that way I get an extra month each time. But don't try this at home, you could get a ticket!

So everything is done, I'm in for the weekend, and enjoying some coffee!

Be good, or be careful.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Peg, the fire must have been scary for everyone. It's so nice of you to offer a home to the neighbor--what a shame he lost his home.

The rhodies are blooming around here--each one is a mass of vivid color. Looks as if spring showed up again!

I'm still making hats and scarfs (crocheting) but may not do so much of it as the weather warms up.

I planted a dozen busy Lizzy plants out on the patio and will be on the lookout for hummingbirds. No bird feeders allowed here but there's no rule against flowering plants.

Take care, everyone--
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I actually know what Rhodies are! I shore iz shmart!!!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

[QUOTE=Howie;39640]I actually know what Rhodies are! I shore iz shmart!!! [/Q]

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

What movie is this from? "Are you mocking me?"

Albert Einstein

Comment

:) Hi everyone. Is it just me or is this year flying by? I just got up. I cannot get going lately as my energy level is way down.

So far my ramp has worked every time I have tried it so maybe it was just a fluke or not all the way in Park.

I am so tired of having my house not as clean as I used to keep it. Has anyone tried housecleaning services like Merry Maids? If so did it work out to be worth the price? Have a good weekend everyone. Jeanie :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanie Z View Post

I am so tired of having my house not as clean as I used to keep it. Has anyone tried housecleaning services like Merry Maids? If so did it work out to be worth the price? Have a good weekend everyone. Jeanie :)
                I can't answer your question. But using a maid service is sure tempting.
                I do have someone come every 3 weeks when I'm here (Iran). Not 100% happy, but at least it gets done.

Comment

Parsi, my mom had a lady come in once a week, and did nothing but laundry. With three kids, she needed help!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Clean house? I can't do that so well anymore. Vacuuming takes a lot out of me and I have a dog whose fur sticks to everything but him. It seems he's skipping spring shed, where he blows out his undercoat, but he is still shedding the outer coat lightly. I try to task my youngest with some of the vacuuming, but he's 14 and thinks housework is beneath him... typical teenager.
                    s
                    Jendie
                    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Comment

Jendie, while I had a cat who was fairly long-haired (half Himalayan), I used those roller gadgets that have sticky stuff on them. You roll it along your furniture and when it's picked up as much hair as one sheet will hold, you peel off that sheet, and there's a fresh sticky sheet underneath.

I found one online that is like the ones I've had though I didn't pay that much for them:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

I still have one of them and use it when I don't feel like vacuuming furniture.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

They are made to roll over your clothes and remove lint and whatever. If I used them to roll over the furniture, I would need a dozen of them, and THAT may not be enough! Darn cats!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Our old dog stopped shedding in his later years-
                          maybe in solidarity with his chilly human mom.

Comment

When folks complain to me about cat fur on the couch, I tell them, "that a why it's called FURniture. ". I pay a friend to come for two-three hours every two weeks to clean. She's learned to put up with my four furkids, my hoarding husband's messes
                            She mainly cleans the bathrooms, vacuums, washes floors, then odd jobs like cleaning a cupboard, or cleaning the refrigerator. Worth every penny I give her.
                            ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Funny...I needed a break from cleaning so sat down and started reading. Now that we know how allergic David is to dust mites and how much trouble he is having staying in the CPAP due to congestion, I do my best to stay atop the cleaning and dusting. Been at it for the past half hour and only have the bedroom, back hall and bathroom done (that includes dusting all flat surfaces and base boards and door trim and tops of door casings etc). Vacuuming is not my friend as it kills my back and hips so generally David does that but we are lucky if he gets to it every three or four weeks so I have been doing it anyway. With all the pets long having crossed the Rainbow Bridge it is better but we are still getting sand tracked in from winter traction control so there is still a lot of clean up.

Last time I was in the hospital, Dave hired a woman to come in and clean so the house would not need much for a while while I was recovering. She charged almost $300 for just the downstairs (we don't use upstairs unless company is coming). She said it would cost $50 weekly to maintain or $100 every other week. Just can't rationalize that kind of money. Energy is a big factor for me right now.

BP still sawtoothing all over the place from 112/60 to 210/108 in any given 24 hour period. See the nephrologist Thursday to try and see if there is anything renal or adrenal causing this. The 4 BP meds I've tried so far all raise BP even more and the diuretic I have does not seem to lower it either. Have eliminated all processed foods, refined sugars, white potato, white rice, white bread products and so far nothing.

Spring is here! Many of the trees are showing green buds. The hedge is starting to green. Tulips, daffodils, Jonquils and hyacinths are in bloom and there are spots where the lawn needs mowing already. Dave may be allergic to grasses but that is not one job I can do for him and he is not willing to let someone else do it. Grandsons started soccer season today.

Carry on....

Comment

Working...
                              X