Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy Easter!

Distinguished Community Member

Just catching up on here. So sorry for the ER trip, sounds scary, and it's always exhausting. I'm glad to hear she's OK. I hear you about the laundry! It can pile up real quick. I'm not crazy about folding but I do LOVE to iron. It's kind of become my "therapy" It calms me when I'm nervous and is just really relaxing for me. Also a feeling of accomplishment when I'm done. I hope things settle down a bit for you guys.
    Mary Grace

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hello!

It sure has been awhile. Of course, I have been dealing with sick people all this time, myself included. It is just unbelievable....we came home from the hospital that Tuesday and the hospital had scheduled a follow-up with Caitlin's regular (local) pediatrician the next day. She was still sick looking but since 2 different hospitals had not really done anything for her I debated with myself about taking her to another appointment. The weather was also terrible that day so I was thinking, "Do I really want to drag her out in this since she is still sick?". So glad that I did....we got to the peds office and saw the NP. She looked in C's ears and her ear was infected! I don't know if it was the whole time or not but man, 2 different hospitals missed that!? We had gotten eye drops from the hospital for the pink eye and after the peds office, she got a prescription for amoxicillin. I wish I had spoken up though that I didn't think that weak one would do anything. She took the whole 10 day course but she was still looking & feeling crummy so on her last day of the meds, it was a day I take her to school so I stopped at the nurse's office with C and asked the school nurse to peek in her ear. She was happy to do that for us. It was actually educational since she let me look too and showed me a picture in a book of what a normal eardrum should look like....needless to say, C's was not yet there. I was glad though, since now I knew I would not be wasting my time taking her in to the doctor again. I was able to get a Saturday appointment the next day and the doctor agreed that it was still not completely healed and prescribed a stronger antibiotic. Well, this same Saturday, I started feeling crummy, sore throat and congestion. Before C's appointment, I went to the Fastcare but of course, I went in too soon and they said, oh just viral. So that whole weekend, I just kept getting worse and I was miserable. Monday morning I ended up going to the Urgent Care place since their computers are not linked to the Fastcare. Well, I didn't have to exaggerate about being congested for a long time...it turned out my ear was infected too! So I got a Rx for that. It is one tough bug though, tomorrow is day 10 of meds for me (last day). My ear is better but I am still really congested and blowing green. I started putting the vaporizer next to my bed last night and that has helped a lot so I am going to keep doing that and hope it clears it up. I don't want to have to go in and pay for a 3rd copay! It turned out that one of Caitlin's aides at school that works with her a lot also got an ear infection. Sure makes one wonder if it is a super catchy bacteria. I know they say ear infections are not catchy, but how do 3 people get it at the same time? I figure strep throat is bacterial and that spreads...why not the bacteria for this? Caitlin was coughing all over me (and probably the aide too). That is what I think happened. Anyway, her aide also had to go through 2 rounds of antibiotics to get rid of this so I really am crossing my fingers to not have to go back in. As if all that was not bad enough, Brian had a bout of the stomach flu (24 hr bug) and 2 of the other boys had little quick viruses that they were fighting off. Calgon take me away!!!! :) We started this sickness adventure on April 18 and here it is May 12 and still are fighting it off. This on top of all the end of the school year stuff is making the time pass by so fast. I feel like her surgery is going to be here before I know it. The boys are excited since there are only 14 days of school left...and this is the last full week of school with all the days off for Memorial Day coming up.

We did sneak in a little bit of fun...there was a training day for Ranger's fall test at the breeder where we bought him from. We had to be there early so we had Caitlin & the younger boys sleep over at Brian's parents house on Friday. Since Brandon is old enough to stay home alone (12), Brian & I went out to eat that night for his birthday finally! (his bday was in March) It was nice to get out as a couple. Saturday was the training day and I was excited to go since their new puppies were just born 2 weeks earlier! It was so awesome to cuddle and hold them! Brandon came along for training day so he got to snuggle with the puppies too. Here is some cuteness overload for you all: hmmm, bt is being difficult and won't let me post a picture so I will sign off this and try again in another post.

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi!

Now it is letting me, here we go! I cropped my face out since Brian took the picture and captured all 3 of my chins, lol! There were 9 puppies in the litter and they had just opened their eyes the day before. We missed all this with Ranger since he was 12 weeks old when we got him. The funny thing is Brandon's orthodontist is buying one of these puppies so we will get to see one of them growing up!

Lisa O.
    018a.jpg022.jpg
    Last edited by andromeda31; 05-12-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123