Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT April Chit Chat

hello out there,,haven't talk to you since last month,,lol.

So hows things going,, good I hope,,

I finally got my nerve up and rode my horse, in fact did it 3 times,, a little scary getting on, but a lot of fun to ride, I won't be riding much like we used to { 3 hour trail rides,up steep hills, crossing rivers},those were the days my friend,,we thought they would never end.

not much else, neuro visit next week, farm equipment ready for field work,, garden tilled, and some planted,, weather is great,,

keep on keeping on,,later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I have some bad news. I let both cats out first thing while I made coffee, and a truck came roaring by and hit both of them. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!

I probably couldn't even get online if one of them got hurt, much less both!

I'm just holding my breath, and waiting on Friday. I have 2 checks I may as well write, again waiting on Friday to mail off.

Peg, I'm glad you are enjoying riding, but PLEASE be careful.

Have a great day all!!!
    Last edited by Howie; 04-01-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I'm pregnant!!!!! LMBO!!! Happy April Fools Day!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I'm so glad to see Peg posting, and glad you got to ride your horse! (No april fools jokes here.) I'm still around. Husband is still around. Life goes on. Finally got to be spring here, too. Long cold winter for sure. Glad to see it gone.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I DIDN'T DO IT!!! Oh, sorry Sally. Sort of a knee jerk reaction when I hear those words.

Cat, you and TC keep on doing what you're doing. Sounds like things are going pretty well!
    Roswell was a gift.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here we are in April, with daylight being saved, and fools doing foolish things.

I had really good news today from the paratransit lift people here, letting me know that I've been approved for continuing eligibility for rides with them.

Every few years they do a review, involving a long form I fill out, a form my doctor fills out, a personal interview at the paratransit headquarters, plus a "functional assessment" where I had to propel my wheelchair over some sidewalks outdoors for a few blocks, including crossing streets. The sidewalks were made of bricks and sometimes sloped sideways, which is very difficult for me to manage. One street I had to cross had streetcar tracks in it--also not so easy.

There was also an indoor course with various ramps. They very kindly excused me from the gravel course--obviously my chair would just sink in the gravel.

One of the tests was a simulated bus-boarding. I couldn't propel my wheelchair over several of the bumps that are routinely part of getting on and off some ramps. I wore myself out trying and it didn't help my general well-being.

But now that's all in the past and I have their stamp of approval--a very good thing as there aren't a lot of other options.

Peg, congratulations on getting back on your horse. I don't suppose the neuro would have any suggestions about possible saddles--neuros don't seem to give much practical advice. But keep looking on the Internet! I just know there's a saddle that will make riding easier for you even if you decide to get one custom-made.

Cat Dancer and Tom Cat surely must be headed for better times. Things seem to be looking up!

How's the wound healing process coming along?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Wow Agate, I can't believe they make you "jump through all those hoops"! That's ridiculous and almost plain mean! Seems a doctor's letter should suffice.
    Hope you're no worse for the wear! Hugs.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

They have started on those " hoops" here. I haven't scheduled mine yet. I rarely use their service because of convenient bus service. I do need it occasionally.

One woman had a heat stroke sitting on her enclosed porch waiting for the RIDE driver. When he came he didn't get out of the vehicle and left w/o finding her. It is supposed to be "threshold to threshold" service.

Does any one have a good para transit service? ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Sheesh, that is awful, Ann.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

The paratransit in my area is almost a joke. They left my mom in the rain at a fixed route stop, she
    was using her power chair. They don't do door to door service. The distance to her Dr appt was just 5 min away from the fixed route stop, but going through the transition, it made my mom late for her appt. I don't use the paratransit.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast