Thread: Surprise party

Distinguished Community Member

Default Surprise party

We successfully surprised Kathleen with a "50's themed" birthday party!! She had an awesome time (we all did actually). We are so lucky to celebrate each and every birthday with her. A close friend brought her in to the party after going to a movie. You can see she was very surprised.
    P1010692.jpgP1010719.jpgP1010707.jpg

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHLEEN!!!
    ((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

Oh, Wow! Look at Kathleen's Smile! How marvelous! Her happiness is contagious!

Did Kathleen dance the night away? Out party everyone, as the Party Girl she is?!

More pictures, please! Love your outfit, Mary Grace, and want to see your skirt and shoes!

Where did you hold the party? And where did you get that cute pink car? What food did you serve? What music did you play? Details, girlfriend, I want details!

So happy for our sweet Kathleen that she had a wonderful birthday celebration!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

OK, You asked for it Rose LOL. We had the party at the VFW about a block away from our house. We had a little over 60 people at the party. We had burgers and fries hot dogs, potato salad, mac and cheese, cole slaw, and fruit. I tried to stick to "diner like food"LOTS of desserts too, cupcakes,brownies, a pineapple pudding cake, and a beautiful custom cookie platter. I ordered the car on Amazon. I actually wore "high water" jeans with the sweater. My sisters dressed up great too. In the picture here my older sister is on the left (she wore a skirt) and my younger sister is on the right. Kathleen danced to fifties music with everyone I think. A few of her teachers and friends from school came. Her laugh and smile really are contagious. most of the people at the party have become close friends because of Kathleen. A goo family frien took her to see the Paddington Bear movie andd they said they weren't sure if people were laughing more at the movie or at how much Kathleen was laughing. She was exhausted on Sunday but went bowling.
    P1010747.jpgP1010709.jpgP1010724.jpgP1010738.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

P1010695.jpgP1010704.jpgP1010731.jpg
    Ok last few pictures... One is her cousin Joey whom she ADORES! Another is her and her first grade teacher doing the limbo it's a little blurry.
    Mary Grace
    Last edited by mg12061; 03-09-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Happy 18th Birthday Kathleen!!

What a fabulous idea for a party! I love the smiles on her face!! The birthday cookies are so cute!! How fun to surprise her like that! :)

Wishing Kathleen a happy, healthy 18th year! :)

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

Thank you so much for indulging me with the details and photos!

I can just see a bit of your sister's skirt, and it looks very appropriate and cute. And your other sister is really bringing it with that platinum wig!

The cookie plate is fantastic! Some talented bakers/artists there!

Love the photos, and you can post more, if you wish! I live vicariously.

Wishing Kathleen a beautiful, joyful, healthy year!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.