The state of BT 2/20/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi agate :)

I'm not having any issues finding posts all the way back to "day one" of these forums. Clear your cache and delete your cookie for braintalkcommunities.org.

For Internet Explorer

Click the cog/gear icon in the upper right (usually)
    Click on "internet options"
    In the "general" tab click the "delete" button.
    In the next window/box make sure only these two options are checked: "temporary internet files and websites" & " history"
    Click the "delete button"
    The window will close, then in the remaining window click the "ok" button

To delete the cookie(s) for braintalk, search your computer (press windows key) and type @braintalkcom (that's all you need it'll find the right ones) and delete everything that shows up with @braintalkcommunities (maybe some will have .org at the end).
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Thanks for the help--I have Google Chrome instead of IE but I cleared the cache, and now am seeing all my posts back to 8/15/11, my first log in on this version of the board.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Mike, your GPA while keeping the forums going is incredible! Don't stress a single B, though that prof's methods seem very unethical! Once you graduate the GPA really won't mean a lot. I had one very frustrating semester when I was taking 16 credits. My back put me in hospital for 10 days and made mobility difficult. I missed the Chancellor's list because of one 2 credit elective ion which the Prof gave me a B because I was unable to fully participate in the birdwatching field trip! It was SO unfair and I was furious! They really should have counted only the 12 credits for full-time, the core classes, for the list and not included those electives, but that's not how it was done. It hurt my pride but didn't affect my hireability in the end. Hang in there and just do your best, which sounds pretty darn good!

Comment

Originally posted by gracie05 View Post
          ...I missed the Chancellor's list because of one 2 credit elective ion which the Prof gave me a B because I was unable to fully participate in the birdwatching field trip! It was SO unfair and I was furious! They really should have counted only the 12 credits for full-time, the core classes, for the list and not included those electives, but that's not how it was done. It hurt my pride but didn't affect my hireability in the end. Hang in there and just do your best, which sounds pretty darn good!
          Pride has its place, but not to be obsessed about. Although it counts towards GPA, when hiring they normally ignore low grades that are irrelevant for the job. B's are good especially when sprinkled with A's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Weins View Post
            Hi agate :)
            I'm not having any issues finding posts all the way back to "day one" of these forums. ...
            When you said "day one" of these forums, you meant this version?
            My join date shows Oct.2006, a reinstatement of the forums (but I'm sure I was "here" -- previous versions with MGH -- in 2001). Definitely before the big flood and at least 2 shutdowns. The earliest post it shows is Sept.2011 when I had come back after a long absence. I don't know why I rejoined Oct.2006 but didn't start posting again until Sept.2011.
            I tried to follow your directions by using IE but then lost the ability to stay logged in, so went back to my usual Firefox.

Comment

Yes Parsi I ment "day one" of this incarnation of the forums. The join date was kept from when you joined the currently archived version of BT. Are you having trouble finding posts back to Aug/Sept of 2011 (that's as far back as this forum goes)?
              Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
              Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
              Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
              Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
              Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
              Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
              Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Mike, it never ceases to amaze me how teachers can get away with grading on a curve. The other students in the class didn't take your test for you. You did the work all on your own. If the teacher wants to grade according to how the entire class did, let the class take the test together. The A I should have gotten on the exam that I drank a 24 pack of Mountain Dew to stay awake for so I could study for over 48 hours shouldn't be a B just because Larry was out partying all weekend and got an F.

Comment

Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
                  The only reason I go to Facebook is to keep track of my Family
                  and what they're up to. I come here to be with Friends and....
                  ....to get away from Family..LOL!

Here Here! Sally.

Yes i STOPPED & DELETED MY FB, Twitter & instagram accounts. Too many bad people there.

I do, however have a U-tube account. Love music
                  love you my precious

Peace
                  The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

Comment

Working...
                  X