NOTICE This is a global thread which means that after you reply you will most likely be in the Forum Feedback forum and not the forum you replied from.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The state of BT 2/20/15

Blog Entries

Exclamation The state of BT 2/20/15

Howdy folks :)

Although I haven't posted in awhile rest assured that I am checking on BT daily (usually between classes ).

Once again I'm in college and I am taking the following classes: advanced programming (self paced mon-fri), advanced word processing (mon and wed), advanced keyboarding (mon and wed right after adv word), algebra 2 (tues and thurs), and business law (thurs immediately after algebra 2 ). Unless they cancel more classes that I need (they cancelled two this semester due to low enrollment) I only have one more semester after this one and will get my A.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in computer studies (stupidly long title ). For those who are wondering my G.P.A. is 3.93 (I got one B which I'm contesting) as of last semester.

The reason no work has been done on BT is because the vBulletin morons are dragging their feet with the latest version of the software for the 4.2.x line. I've been wanting to upgrade the software for awhile (we're on a 4.1.x line), but they keep putting off the official release. By upgrading the software I can integrate some of the features easier that are currently missing. It will also allow me (well the host) to upgrade the server software to plug some security holes and to improve future functionality :)

So that's basically where we stand right now. There's a bunch of stuff waiting to get done, but that's on hold until vB releases 4.2.3 and there is no word as to when that might be.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Better you than me with those courses. Give me Anatomy and physiology and anthropology and sociology any day over stuff that needs numbers and formulas to work.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Mike)))))) ~

Thank you for checking in with us and updating us on the board's status. I think I understand upgrading, but after that you lost me. Same for me with your coursework. That side of my brain is a tad bit deficient. But, if you ever need help interpreting Keats, I'm your gal.

I hope you win your contest against your B grade, but don't let it stress you out. The important thing is that you know you did A work. And your GPA is still an A.

Thank you for all you do for us Mike!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Mike when I was in college getting my RN degree I had one teacher who gave me a B. I was upset as I had done well on his test but he used a curve and told me no one gets A's in his classes unless they make absolutely no errors. I fought it but got nowhere.

Later when I went to the hospital to apply for my job the women who had squeaked by barely passing got the same job and same pay I got. I felt like I had tried too hard to be perfect and that was the beginning of learning to let myself not go overboard.

That has been stress reducing for my MS. Thanks for all you do for the board. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

So, I guess you're not a fine arts major.

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Thank you for all the hard work you do for us here at BT! Good luck with your classes, and I agree with the others, don't stress too much about the B. That is still a fantastic GPA!

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Hello Mike. Good to hear from you. I'm proud of you with all the hard work you are doing in college. Also all the work you do here at BT. We are very lucky to have you. Take care of yourself and keep up the good work.

my love to you, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

Keep up the good work in classes. It isn't easy to keep the A grades but if they don't change the B remember that people hiring don't like perfect grades in general as they believe you need to have other things going on. To keep up with this site and still getting As in class is a great thing to do.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Great job, Mike. It reminds me of when I was in college in 1998... Mostly A's, except for one class where I got a C. My GPA was 3.79... I graduated with honors, but not high honors because of the C. I was studying Accounting.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Mike, thanks for keeping this place going.

I am WAYYY impressed at your course choices and GPA.
    And your adaptability to making a new life of it with an obnoxious disability.

No story here about my unstellar academic experience.
    I did graduate in four years.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast