NOTICE This is a global thread which means that after you reply you will most likely be in the Forum Feedback forum and not the forum you replied from.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The state of BT 2/20/15

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Mike)))))) ~

Thank You!

I give you an A+ for patience!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Prior to my disability I was a senior software engineer. Last projects I was using visual studio, .net, C# and sql server. I sure do miss those days. With my muscle disease just typing this is a chore.

Distinguished Community Member

Mike - thank you for your efforts - I probably would have left a long time ago if not for the once in a while encouragement. It's not easy dealing with our conditions should i say and you make it a little easier with this board. God Bless You
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Dear Mike Weins.....
    You are outstanding...beyond grades...or school....I know those are important...for finding a way to support living...in this day and age is so important...got to make those 'fun ticket$'....There is no grade...that can be given for the measure of your heart....it is vast as space....Thank you...for your efforts in this endeavor of BrainTalk...that benefits so many....I have to post notices...in my home...the reminder...THINGS CHANGE...the brain injury just logs that everything remains the same...It doesn't...so that is often a struggle for me...Computers...are the biggest reminder...things change...for if you don't shift with the waves of technology...you get left behind or become obsolete....Thank you for keeping up with those shifts...for they are very much beyond my ken....I bow down...with heart felt appreciation and gratitude...for your kind and loving heart...at the same time...I wipe my brow...at the thought of what is contained in YOUR marvelous brain...
    Blessings...Blessings...Blessings...

Blog Entries

Well if you listen very closely when I shake my head or sneeze you can hear my two marbles rattling around in here

As for the upgrade, it's going to wait until summer and depending on if I take classes and how many I take. If I do go to summer school I'll have to take at least 6 units to make it worth my while. The site has been running pretty smoothly with only a couple of crashes and two restarts for backend updates.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Alberta Canada, with a Beatiful view of the Rockies

Mike, I know how you feel... I need a vacation. I am a second year nursing student... I guess I couldn't get enough of hospitals...
    Brain/Pit tumor=17 brain surgeries 20year csf leak(Feb, 1993) After initial tumor removal!, SPMS , Hydrocephalus from a intraventricular hemorrhage! Panhypopituitary, Diabetes Insipidus, tension pneumatocele, ( air under the skull next to the brain), 2 craniofacial craniotomies, several shunt revisions, 7 bifrontal craniotomies ... Dag "If I started crying I wouldn't stop!

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Wow! I admire nurses. They put up with so much and get so little recognition.

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I would like for as many people as possible to start searching older threads from different posters. I think that we (Lynee over at vb.org and myself) have finally found and fixed the issue that has been limiting the search for so long.

Hopefully you'll be able to pull up all posts from a single member regardless of how many posts they have. Until now it would return a random bunch of posts for some odd reason.

If things look good after a couple of days then we'll call this bug "fixed"

Step 1 - log in

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I love it when you fix our bugs, Mike.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm finding my posts going back to Nov. 2014 but no earlier.

It would be very helpful if all our previous posts were available. When an unfamiliar person posts, it's very useful to look back over that person's previous posts just to find out a little more background before replying.

Even when there's a post by someone familiar, it's often useful to be able to go back and look for an earlier thread you think you remember.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast