Thread: Cushions for tush, please advise

Distinguished Community Member

Question Cushions for tush, please advise

I need help. My R butt is hurting badly and my upper R leg in the back. Sometimes it is both butt cheeks. Usually it is pressure that causes it but sometimes I am up and moving most of the day and it seems worse. Those days I think that it is from stairs.

I have been treated for R piriformis syndrome. The treatment is stretches. :-( And I have also been treated for spasms. I have upped the baclofen but it doesn't seem to help.

It has gotten to the point that sitting is almost impossible so I started looking at cushions at Amazon and bought a Roho. I have tried it completely filled w air and half full- half full is somewhat better but not better enough. Any suggestions?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi Ann glad to see you post. I know nothing about cushions. I have fat padding but I'm sure you don't want to add that. You and Pizza Guy doing ok? Jeanie :)

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default Hi

Sorry but I also know nothing about cushions. I was just so happy to see your name that I wanted to say hello.
    I do use an MS disability site of athletes so I will look there for an answer to your question.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Here is one:

Aylio Coccyx Orthopedic Comfort Foam Seat Cushion (Gray)
    4.3 / 5 $ More details!
    Click Here

RelaxoBak Back and Tailbone Orthopedic Comfort Cushion- 3 Year "Won't Go Flat" Guarantee (Warranty)
    3.9 / 5 $ More details!
    Click Here

GSeat Ultra ~ Portable Ergonomic Gel Seat Cushion
    4.3 / 5 $$$
    More details!
    Click Here

BEST CushionCare Memory Foam Seat Cushion
    4.5 / 5 $ More details!
    Click Here

Love Home Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam
    4.4 / 5 $ More details!
    Click Here
    With the recent modern technological advancements we find ourselves in front of a computer for hours on end. Sitting in the same position for long periods of time, has many harmful effects and uncomfortable seats do not provide our spine the support it requires. That leaves many of us to complain of pain in the neck and lower back. Furthermore, the increasing market of junk food also contributes to increasing weight which puts stress on the body leading to back aches and other problems. Most of the back injuries, whether recent or rather old, never quite heal and we can be left with a lifetime of pain and a whole lot of discomfort.

However, the recent development of the orthopedic seat cushion have helped a lot of us with problems related to the back or spine. An orthopedic back cushion is a cut out cushion which provide correct support to the spine and the tail bone while removing pressure. An orthopedic seat cushion can be used on chairs, car seats, on a sofa or anywhere else. The users of orthopedic cushions often feel immediate relief from the pain due to proper spinal cord alignment and relief of painful pressure points. The orthopedic seat cushions come in different shapes and sizes and some also come with a heating pad.

1. Aylio Coccyx Orthopedic Comfort Foam Cushion

Click here for the current price and more details
    The Aylio Coccyx Orthopedic Comfort Foam Seat Cushion is an orthopedic cushion comes in an attractive gray color and is shaped perfectly to provide the right amount of support to your spine and tail bone. The shape and design of the cushion are developed in such a way that it reduces pressure on the coccyx, tailbone and hips while sitting. This support helps prevent further pain and also helps relieve any preexisting pain.

The Aylio Coccyx seat cushion can be used on wheelchairs, chairs, plane seats, car seats, etc. to increase the comfort and provide the spinal cord with the right alignment and help one acquire a healthy posture. The gray color of the cushion makes it inconspicuous, and thus it blends easily with the color of the chair or seat. It comes with a removable velour cover, which is machine washable and easy to clean. It helps in the treatment of pressure ulcers, sciatica, injured tailbone and other problems. Thus, it is an economical way of relieving yourself of the pain.

Best Customer Comments

“Absolutely love this seat cushion. I spend 4 hours a day at the gym watching my daughter do gymnastics, and sitting for that long on a hard chair was uncomfortable. Once my Aylio cushion arrived, I realized exactly how comfortable I could be! ”

“This is the third cushion I have purchased attempting to ease the chronic pain in my lower back. Without a doubt this is the best of the three! The only problem I have with the cushion is that it raises me up too high to be used in my car. I will utilize it in my home office and sewing room.”

2. RelaxoBak Orthopedic Comfort Cushion

The RelaxoBak Back and Tailbone Orthopedic Comfort Cushion is guaranteed to not go flat in three years, which is a huge challenge, but succeeds in fulfilling its promise. Made of supportive, high resilient, flexible foam, the cushion does hold its shape for three years. The unique shape of the cushion provides the necessary support to the back and helps with proper spinal alignment.

Recommended by hundreds of doctors and clinics, the RelaxoBak cushion comes with a built in handle that makes it easy to carry. Made in the USA, it is especially designed to help relieve pain and stress from the tail bone and the spine, whereas it also helps with sciatical discomfort. It is easy to clean as it is surface washable. A black nylon cover is also available. The RelaxoBak cushion, thus provides excellent support to our back and promises to stay with you for years.

Best Customer Comments

“This is by far THE BEST tailbone/back cushion. I have degenerative disk disease and many broken/herniated discs. This was recommended by top doctors and it is truly a life saver when going to a restaurant or place where there are wooden chairs, hard plastic chairs… I find that RelaxoBak is invaluable…it has saved me from being laid up in bed with muscle spasms.”

“This thing is FIRM. If you are looking for a cushion that does not squish down out of shape then this is the cushion for you. I use this cushion around the house and when I go to my son’s soccer and basketball games. So much better than those darn bleachers.”

3. GSeat Ultra Orthopedic Comfort Cushion

The GSeat Ultra is an orthopedic cushion with a center groove that eliminates soft tissue compression and suspends the tailbone. Gel can disburse pressure more effectively than foam and even hold it’s shape better for long term use. One of the unique features of the GSeat is that it has an integrated handle that folds it in half making it very easy to carry.

The ergonomically engineered Pain Preventing Gel Seat provides comfort for anyone having to sit in one place for an extended period of time – even up to 12 hours. Visco-elastic gel and supportive memory foam combined with a revolutionary design that disperses pressure on the back and lower legs is its special comfort secret.

Best Customer Comments

“I’ve tried other cushions for relief of both prostatitis and chronic hemorrhoids, but this indeed is the best option available. Yes, it is a bit more expensive than others, but the best is never cheap. It completely takes pressure off the perineum and other sensitive areas. I sit for a living and have never been more comfortable.”

“Tried the smaller Gel seat first but it seemed too small for my size seat. This one really makes it easy to sit for 8-10 hours without my RLS acting up or getting leg cramps and feels like real support instead of the lovely looking but not really comfortable office chair at my job.”

4. CushionCare Memory Foam Seat Cushion

The CushionCare Memory Foam Seat Cushion is made of 100% high grade memory foam and molds itself according to the shape of the body, thereby providing maximum support for everyone. It is a high quality and comfortable coccyx visco elastic foam for orthopedic use. The CuchionCare Memory cushion boasts of not flattening, ever, and provides a lifetime guarantee or your money back. It is an inflatable foam seat which can be used in car seats, sofa, office chair, kitchen chair, dinning chair, while travelling on trains or planes, etc. It provides support to the tailbone or the coccyx and the spinal cord and provides proper alignment of the spinal cord which can help in posture correction.

Its use makes sitting for hours at a stretch, bearable and not a painful experience. It comes in an attractive grey color and is also washable. The CushionCare Memory Foam Seat Cushion is a good product that helped lessen the pain for many happy customers.

Best Customer Comments

“This is a terrific cushion. I’ve spent hours on it every day since it came. I shopped in several physical stores and online. This is far and away the best cushion.”

“Comfortable and good quality cushion. I suffer from back & hip pain & bought this to use for extended periods of sitting, as that causes my pain level to increase. So with this Coccyx seat cushion I’m able to sit longer than normal. It does slide around a bit on certain seats.”

5. Love Home Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam Seat

The Love Home Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam Seat measures 15.7”*11.5”*3.5” and can be used as a seat pad, chair pad, chair cushion, office cushion, car cushion and stool cushion. It helps in relieving spinal compression nerve pain, sciatical discomfort, hemorrhoid pain, prostate inflammation, coccyx or tailbone pain or anal pain. Its unique feature is that it assists in the treatment of coccyx fracture, spinal fracture and hip bursitis. Its latest ergonomic shape helps distribute our weight while sitting and thus provides and better sitting posture and better spinal cord alignment.

The cushion also provides a smooth blood flow while sitting for long hours and also prevents tailbone pain and back pain. The Love Home cushion is available in the navy blue, camel, coffee, gray, black and red. It comes with an external velvet cover which has a hidden zipper that can be removed and washed.. One of the unique features is that it is the thickest cushion available on the market. It comes in two sizes; a second size option is available for larger people and measures 17.7” x 13.4” x 2.8”. The Love Home cushion is perfect for helping you with your pain while increasing the beauty of your home.

Best Customer Comments

“In the last 10 years I had 2 back surgeries, so I have variety of cushions and supports that help my back. None of the old cushions are made out of memory foam so I was curious to see how memory foam measures up. I found the cushion comfortable, the main difference with the other supports I have is that it compresses much more.”

“I sent it back. It is very hard, not soft and cushy. I have chronic pain in my pelvis that makes it difficult to sit. I was unable to sit on this memory foam seat with a bunch of pain.”

Posted in Health Reviews. Tagged with best orthopedic seat.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 02-18-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hi Jeanie. <waving>

Linda thank you for all of that info!

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice to see you back, ANN!!!

People have been wondering about you and hoping you've been doing OK.

I've had seating problems for over 30 years. I've been through inflatable cushions, foam cushions, gel-filled cushions, water-filled cushions (they tend to spring leaks). For many years I've been using a Varilite Evolution cushion, which is easily inflatable. You can find it here:

http://www.varilite.com/products_category.aspx?catID=1
    Last edited by agate; 02-19-2015 at 07:51 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

((((((ANN)))))) ~

Jon has a Roho cushion for his wheelchair, and his Physical Therapist demonstrated the proper way to inflate it many years ago. Jon hasn't used his chair for a long time, but as I recall, the Roho cushion inflation was based on how Jon sat and how his weight was distributed in the chair. One side was more inflated than the other.

I went to YouTube to search for videos demonstrating "how to inflate a Roho cushion." You might give that a try to see whether there is anything helpful for you with your current Roho cushion.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Rosie's reply made me want to say that YouTube is a great source. I search all kinds of "how to" questions on it and find answers to almost everything from how to get the seeds out of a pomegranate to how to connect my cell phone to my car's Bluetooth.
    Linda~~~~

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Default Thank you for starting this great thread...

Sorry, I posted here and tried to delete it...was in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 02-20-2015 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Was in the wrong thread!
    Linda~~~~

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

It's always good to "see" you, Linda. :-)

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"