Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aneurysm Clipping on MCA. 7mm. Symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, my name is Johnny. I'm a 34 year old otherwise healthy and active male. I'm extremely overwhelmed by the discovery of this thing in my head! What I'm curious of is... Has anyone experienced symptoms with a non ruptured Annie? Long story short, I was experiencing confusion, fatigue, GI issues, and anxiety... Seemingly out of nowhere. After 3 weeks of those feelings I finally went to the ER and after a otherwise good check they performed a CT and found the Annie. That started me on this road. I've since had an MRA which confirmed it. I've met my NS and he is confident he can clip it. Tomorrow I have my angiogram to "map out" my arteries for him.. Then I guess we'll schedule the surgery.. I'm glad they found it, but I'm terrified. Any responses would be appreciated. Take care, John

John
    I am new here also. I had my angiogram last Monday and will have clipping on March 10th. I know what you mean about the confusion and anxiety. It's worse now as I am so totally distracted by the thing in my head. The surgery sounds scary but honestly I am more worried about the other side of the surgery.

Comment

So glad to get a reply! I know exactly what you mean.. I'm very concerned about the headaches, pain meds, and confused feelings. I would like to keep in touch with you if that's ok? I just had my angiogram Friday and I have to wait to see my NS this coming Friday.. So, maybe we can offer support and pointers to each other? I hope all goes well! Keep in touch ok. We will get through this!

Comment

I am a newcomer. I realize your post is a year old. I would like to know what happened after your treatment.

I have an unruptured 1.5 cm aneurysm on the carotid artery near/behind my right ear. My symptom is double vision on the right side only. I am not in pain fortunately. Tomorrow I have a neurological consult to learn my treatment options. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X