Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT Febuary Chit Chat

Going to get this done now, we are into a snow storm,,10 to 12 inches with high winds,,thank you mother nature,,{NOT !!!},,hahaha !

saw the grandkids today,,they helped wrap meat we start them young around here,,soon they will be killing their own meats,,lol

happy for Cat, that things {sort of } turned around,,

going to update Sams picture,, she still is a very sweet dog, and way to smart for her britches,,lol

Gary don't point that finger at me,, you don't know where its been lol

later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Happy February, everybody.

I wonder just how inclement and destructive our weather will have to get before we start getting serious about changing our CO2 output and looking at changing our established ways of living? Seems every year, it sure gets a lot worse with greater damage and destruction, and the rate and strength of dramatic weather continues to only increase every year. We sure talk about it more as it impacts our land, crops, commute, etc.

I almost feel like we just sit here as docile as cows are on their walkabout to the slaughterhouse, oblivious to their fate. They don't know where they're heading, but we do. And still we do nothing. I wonder how bad it has to get before we take concrete action.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile Jamie to ER

:) Hi everyone. I just got a call from Andy and he had to take Jamie to the ER the pain in her leg was so severe. The doctor asked if she had had an MRI of her spine ever. She said no only of the areas of cancer. They did an MRI and she has a lesion on her spine that requires surgery. He said surgery might relieve the pain altogether.

I have been praying for her to have some relief as her life is really compromized. I hope this will give her relief. Please add her to your prayers. The surgery is not scheduled yet but they admitted her. She is down to 90 lbs. She uses a walker and walks like she is 90 and she is just 50.

I am doing okay but very little energy and sleeping a lot. Our weather has been chilly for about a week but I have not had to go out much so I stayed warm. Stay warm everyone. Jeanie :)

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Prayers for you Jeanie and your Family...especially Jamie.
    90lbs?? I'm almost twice that!! Sure hope it warms up there!!

Peg, sorry about more snow. I pray for an early Spring and a
    late Summer.

SuzE, Take a deep breath..
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie, it must be a relief that there's a ray of hope that Jamie's pain may cease.

In the January thread you asked if we're moving to the states. Not exactly. A person who is married to a US citizen cannot get a visitor's visa. They are required to get an immigration visa (which leads to a green card). In order to retain the green card, one must spend at least 6 months (and a bit more) in the US. For obvious reasons (=son and granddaughter) my husband wants to be able to visit the US.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by SalpalSally View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

SuzE, Take a deep breath..
    Sorry, I think I've been watching too much news lately.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

My only news source is online news. I never read the newspaper, or watch TV news. Online news lets you streamline it to the things you are interested in, and you never see the rest.

As for things like "global warming", it's used to stir some emotion I guess. How warm or cold it is has only been something we can keep track of only recently in the full time of humans and the earth.

The Earth will never let things get out of hand even if it kills us all off, and starts over.

Like Sally said, take a deep breath, and have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I wonder if MS makes us hypersensitive, like our reflexes are hyper...our whole nervous system may just be hyper? For some reason, I just seem to really feel more intensely about things lately. Of course, it could be because the headlines are much more dire lately too.

Howie, I feel the opposite, since I can no longer be part of the water cooler discussions, I want to be even more engaged with what's going on around me so that I'm still in the know and can converse about it.

I went on a cruise and I just loved having something topical to discuss with all the new people I was constantly meeting since I had kept up on world news so much. It felt so good to interact about things that may be affecting others in other parts of the world...I felt relevant and it was so stimulating to be able to find good conversation material. I miss that part of my old life.

I dunno, maybe I should book another cruise soon to get it all out of my system again?

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I would but get sea sick.

A friend of our daughter had some sad news. Her 4 year old daughter was Dx with neuroblastoma. Stage 4. The parents and my kids grew up together they always referred to us as mom and pops and their kids have always called us grandpa and grandma. There youngest is 5 months and oldest is 12 years. They have 5 kids total As our daughter is everyone's gop to person for medical stuff she is going to the appointments tomorrow to see if any treatment is possible. She had what my folks called Irish twins (probably not politically correct) there is 13 months between their last 2 kids.

Another rainy day, we are supposed to have rain on and off all week.

IU am doing much better. Enough so I forget that I don't have all the strength back and drop things well more than usual.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I'm so so sorry about the news, Gary. How devastating.

Do you by chance happen to have any insight into Lumaie's situation?

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...esponse-to-flu

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast