OT January Chit Chat,,2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT January Chit Chat,,2015

I know this way early, but I am going to be gone tonight,,and tomorrow morning, is iffy when I can get here,,so Happy New Year !!

been kinda chilly here in Iowa,, real nasty cold,,hardly any snow,,but temps below zero and high winds,,yucks

Christmas was good,, saw the grandkids,,fixed lasagna,,

all in all my OT. PT and nurse said bye ,, they can't take me any further,,I will miss them, but glad they got me as far as they did,,

so ciao,, talk later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Below zero! Holy Mackerel, that's COLD ! It hit 78 today in Florida, was in the ocean with friends. We commented on the "chilly air" :)

Comment

It's going to be a balmy 9 in MA tonight but Peg has me beat!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Hi, Peg, glad to see you still kicking. Yeah, my pt is about to dump me, too. Sad, because she became a friend. But they say I might not get any better than I am now...and I guess they don't want to hang around a loser... :( I have done pretty well compared to where I was after the last exacerbation, but not as good as I was before it hit. But I'm still plugging away. Wound is still not healed, and that does restrict me some, too. Oh well. 2015 HAS to be better...
        ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

:) Happy New Year everyone. I sure hope 2015 will be a really good year for us all. I could not get ABC tonight and NBC did not even show the ball more than a second. Kind of weird. Ryan Seacrest does a much better job than the NBC crew. That dude who does Millionaire and Nines was a big show off and unruly at times. He took his shirt off at midnight and posed. Yuk! I'm going to bed. Good night all. Jeanie :)

Comment

Breakfast of Champions on New Years Day!

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

I didn't do anything last night. But the cats......both had lampshades on their heads, eating catnip, and singing. I just went to bed!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ahhh, the catnip is the foundation to any cat party, I find! Wish we had a legal human substance that gave us similar effects! Oh wait..maybe that's what's making Coloradoans so mellow these days?

i wish everyone a very happy new year and much health and happiness thoughout 2015! I think 2014 was a difficult year for many. We need some better news this year, better, safer treatments that don't risk life and limb to slow this blasted disease! Frankly, I would take a body transplant if it was available, the one I was given has really let me down, it would be considered a lemon in the car world. If only replacement bodies were available at garage sales or somewhere that other lovingly used, but still working items are available...

Glad you have improved some, Cat, I really enjoy having you here, you have such a special presence on the forum. Not like the wild, raucous parties Howie has here, but an enduring consistency that is very much appreciated. It wouldn't be the same without you!

Every person here adds such a unique persona, the forum is better for each contribution...thank you to all who add their "voice" here and contribute to such a great place to come!
                  Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Thanks SuzE, we love you too.
                    Love, Sally

Comment

Crazy past few days. Got back from my mom's late Monday. Spent a good part of Sunday with my youngest sister going through an aunt's jewelry. My sister bought her home and contents from the Estate and there was a 50 gallon tote full of nothing but jewelry. I remember Aunt Nancy always wearing big gaudy pieces with huge earrings. lots of bracelets and more. There were over 100 Butterfly pins. I brought home over a thousand pieces to consign and after spending 4 and a half hours with the jeweler on Tuesday and Wednesday and having her only take about 50 pieces to consign, I spent part of yesterday and all of today going through boxes and soaking pieces in ammonia and rinsing and drying and reboxing them. The lady at the Jewelry store told me if she were to take certain pieces what she would charge for them so now they are all sorted, cleaned and boxed with price ranges on for my sister to deal with and will go back to NY with my other sister in 2 weeks.

We went to a friend's house for about 4 hours yesterday late afternoon then came home and watched movies together till almost 1:30 this morning, slept till nearly 10, leisurely got up and going this morning and were having brunch together with Jehovah's Witnesses showed up at the door. Women were going down one side of the street and men the other. I was cordial and told them they could not leave literature and we were in the midst of a 'family brunch" and please have a happy, safe and healthy New Year. Pleasant enough .

Reacting more strongly to REBIF with site reactions and post injection fevers the past few weeks. Having more trouble with cognition, balance and gait. See the neuro on the 15th to talk about alternatives. Not sure which direction I want to go in at this point. Gilenya and Tysabri have been ruled out because of antibodies and cardiac status. May stay on Rebif or try Lemtrada or my doc is talking about wanting to try Rituxan.

20's here with winds most of the day. Still no snow. Feels but does not look like winter.

Happy , healthy, safe, and prosperous 2015 to all of you.

Comment

Oh, look at them, not a soul moving! Sally drooling out of the corner of her mouth, and Vicky, laying in a pool of, I can't even say it. I think I'll look at something more pleasant, and clean the litter boxes!
                        Last edited by Howie; 01-03-2015, 01:12 PM.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Today's Giggle...LOL!

Love, Sally

Comment

Cute! Happy second day of 2015.

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Mine has been waaay too quite for me. Not that I am a real loud person, but I have spent everyday and night by myself since Friday of last week - that is a bit much. I have just been reading and the usual stuff around the house.

I had a call Monday night from my deceased husband's youngest sister. She wanted to tell me that his oldest sister has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that has spread to the liver. I have always been closer to her than any of his siblings. She has lived a very useful life doing for family and so many others. That made for a sad ending to 2014 and not a bright outlook for 2015. I think it usually means about 3 months or so, though I obviously did not get into that with his youngest sister. The younger sister and middle sister and I had talked about what would happen if something happened to this particular sister. Seems that they all feel they can take about anything other than this. All three have been widowed.

Weather has been cold here at night, but today it was fairly nice outside. However, tomorrow is going to be less nice, a little cooler and not much sun. After that I think it is going to get real cold. Just hope we do not have temps like Peg has had.

I also had a call Tuesday from the attorney's sister who broke up with me about a year and a half ago. She and I had not talked in many months. We did not have anything to say about him, but just talked about other things. In telling about all the family she did say that about the only time she saw him was at funerals. She invited him to some event that she had and he RSVP'd that he would be there and then did not show up. She called to see if he was okay and he just simply said "something came up". I told her I use to hear that all the time.

Worked on my income taxes yesterday so I tried to get the New Year off on a good foot by being somewhat productive.

By the way, is something going to happen to me??? I cannot remember when in my life that I have not eaten black eyed peas, some kind of greens and pork of some kind on New Year's day. Well, I was sitting here about 11 or 11:30 New Year's Eve and it dawned on me that I had not bought anything to eat for New Year's Day. So for first time I did not have black eyed peas and greens. What is going to happen now???
                              Last edited by Virginia; 01-02-2015, 05:33 PM.
                              Virginia

Comment

Working...
                              X