Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: OT January Chit Chat,,2015

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Crazy past few days. Got back from my mom's late Monday. Spent a good part of Sunday with my youngest sister going through an aunt's jewelry. My sister bought her home and contents from the Estate and there was a 50 gallon tote full of nothing but jewelry. I remember Aunt Nancy always wearing big gaudy pieces with huge earrings. lots of bracelets and more. There were over 100 Butterfly pins. I brought home over a thousand pieces to consign and after spending 4 and a half hours with the jeweler on Tuesday and Wednesday and having her only take about 50 pieces to consign, I spent part of yesterday and all of today going through boxes and soaking pieces in ammonia and rinsing and drying and reboxing them. The lady at the Jewelry store told me if she were to take certain pieces what she would charge for them so now they are all sorted, cleaned and boxed with price ranges on for my sister to deal with and will go back to NY with my other sister in 2 weeks.

We went to a friend's house for about 4 hours yesterday late afternoon then came home and watched movies together till almost 1:30 this morning, slept till nearly 10, leisurely got up and going this morning and were having brunch together with Jehovah's Witnesses showed up at the door. Women were going down one side of the street and men the other. I was cordial and told them they could not leave literature and we were in the midst of a 'family brunch" and please have a happy, safe and healthy New Year. Pleasant enough .

Reacting more strongly to REBIF with site reactions and post injection fevers the past few weeks. Having more trouble with cognition, balance and gait. See the neuro on the 15th to talk about alternatives. Not sure which direction I want to go in at this point. Gilenya and Tysabri have been ruled out because of antibodies and cardiac status. May stay on Rebif or try Lemtrada or my doc is talking about wanting to try Rituxan.

20's here with winds most of the day. Still no snow. Feels but does not look like winter.

Happy , healthy, safe, and prosperous 2015 to all of you.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Oh, look at them, not a soul moving! Sally drooling out of the corner of her mouth, and Vicky, laying in a pool of, I can't even say it. I think I'll look at something more pleasant, and clean the litter boxes!
    Last edited by Howie; 01-03-2015 at 02:12 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Today's Giggle...LOL!

Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Cute! Happy second day of 2015.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Mine has been waaay too quite for me. Not that I am a real loud person, but I have spent everyday and night by myself since Friday of last week - that is a bit much. I have just been reading and the usual stuff around the house.

I had a call Monday night from my deceased husband's youngest sister. She wanted to tell me that his oldest sister has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that has spread to the liver. I have always been closer to her than any of his siblings. She has lived a very useful life doing for family and so many others. That made for a sad ending to 2014 and not a bright outlook for 2015. I think it usually means about 3 months or so, though I obviously did not get into that with his youngest sister. The younger sister and middle sister and I had talked about what would happen if something happened to this particular sister. Seems that they all feel they can take about anything other than this. All three have been widowed.

Weather has been cold here at night, but today it was fairly nice outside. However, tomorrow is going to be less nice, a little cooler and not much sun. After that I think it is going to get real cold. Just hope we do not have temps like Peg has had.

I also had a call Tuesday from the attorney's sister who broke up with me about a year and a half ago. She and I had not talked in many months. We did not have anything to say about him, but just talked about other things. In telling about all the family she did say that about the only time she saw him was at funerals. She invited him to some event that she had and he RSVP'd that he would be there and then did not show up. She called to see if he was okay and he just simply said "something came up". I told her I use to hear that all the time.

Worked on my income taxes yesterday so I tried to get the New Year off on a good foot by being somewhat productive.

By the way, is something going to happen to me??? I cannot remember when in my life that I have not eaten black eyed peas, some kind of greens and pork of some kind on New Year's day. Well, I was sitting here about 11 or 11:30 New Year's Eve and it dawned on me that I had not bought anything to eat for New Year's Day. So for first time I did not have black eyed peas and greens. What is going to happen now???
    Last edited by Virginia; 01-02-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I always made cabbage rolls with pork and sour kraut on new years day.
    Can't do that any more and DD never took it up, so I did without.. waaaaaaaa!!!
    Love, Sally

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi Virginia I agree that being alone all the time is hard. I at times talk to myself. Using the phone is hard because I am hard of hearing.

I did not have any black eyed peas and hog jowls this year. I did not have any last year either and it did not seem to have any effect. I ate a turkey pot pie. Today I bought a pumpkin pie and had a piece after dinner.

I hope everyone's new year is off to a good start. Jeanie :)

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY! I hope you have a good birthday. Jeanie :)

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY. Have a wonderful day!!
    Love, Sally

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

All right Gary, if you keep this up, you'll get older!
    Roswell was a gift.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast